New Theroy on Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

chicky17

Rookie
Oct 3, 2001
So, the latest trade news for Hawthorn is Croad + McPharlin for picks 1 + 4. sound reasonable.

My theroy is that the Hawks will let these 2 "promising" kids leave. As much as I like Trent @ Hawthorn and I think that big Lukey is the next Jonny Hay, it may be OK depending on injuries next year.

My theroy is this : the hawks will off-load Croady + McPharlin, and recruit either Ball, Judd etc....

But as a back-up plan will take John Baird with a lower draft pick as insurance if one of our 'talls' goes down.

Who is John Baird you may well ask ??? the all VFL Cente Half Back and winner of Box Hill's B & F + also "best on" in the VFL grand final, about 193CM tall, athlectic etc. he was also on the hawthorn rookie list last year.
I just hope he is still there for our lower picks.

correspondance on this subject would be great !!!!!
I'd like to know what other people think

I was very impressed with Baird in the VFL GF. He seems to have good skills for a big fellow.

I like the look of McPharlin as well. I think you are close to the mark in saying he could develop to a Jon Hay. Croad and McPharlin would be big losses to the Hawks if they leave.

Originally posted by chicky17
So, the latest trade news for Hawthorn is Croad + McPharlin for picks 1 + 4. sound reasonable.

hehe, sorry, but not a chance of that happening.

the most freo will give up are picks #1 and #26

Remove this Banner Ad

New Theroy on Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back