News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the home strip, but as with most white clash strips (white/purple anchor excepted), the away strip is pretty average. Wouldn't mind green and red being put into the away strip.

Wouldn't also mind some up and down strips ala old easts jumper, so the strips form a Y or a point down arrow (though that could start some jokes)

Thank christ i got my Freo Guernsey tattoo 2 years ago.. if i got it now you would have about 250 global teams from 45 different sports to choose the identity.

Changes are ordinary on all fronts.. reasons are also a crock... in the coming weeks ill be stocking up on as many Anchor guernseys as i can to set me up for the next few decades :thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tanks-for-the-premiership/story-e6frf9jf-1225933781665

From todays Herald Sun :

FORGET the inspired decision to draft Stephen Hill ahead of Daniel Rich ... dropping the anchor is the best decision Fremantle has made in recent years.

The old purple, red, white and green guernsey (complete with stylised anchor) was a stinker.

Suddenly, the Dockers are the height of fashion after switching to a poweful dark purple jumper with strong and basic Vs in white coming down off the shoulders.

It is so good, the Dockers are now right up there on the "Best of the Jumpers" list.

Don't agree that our past jumper was a " stinker " but am very happy with the new look.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tanks-for-the-premiership/story-e6frf9jf-1225933781665

From todays Herald Sun :

FORGET the inspired decision to draft Stephen Hill ahead of Daniel Rich ... dropping the anchor is the best decision Fremantle has made in recent years.

The old purple, red, white and green guernsey (complete with stylised anchor) was a stinker.

Suddenly, the Dockers are the height of fashion after switching to a poweful dark purple jumper with strong and basic Vs in white coming down off the shoulders.

It is so good, the Dockers are now right up there on the "Best of the Jumpers" list.

Don't agree that our past jumper was a " stinker " but am very happy with the new look.

good article that, and i agree with it

Original article posted by someone known as Stevo. Very suspicious. Yup! Chris Judd would be proud to wear the Fremantle Dockers Football Club jumper - as would any Victorian.

lol - that article also calls for the Doggies to revert to their old jumper from the 1950s!!!!

Who knows? Maybe in 50 years time someone new will be calling for Freo to revert to their old jumper.... Egads!

shiny + new = better :confused:

"That anchor is brilliant. It symbolises us. It IS us".

Completely agree with the above comment by Nodgey. To me, without the anchor it just doesn't look/feel like a Freo jumper.

"That anchor is brilliant. It symbolises us. It IS us".

Completely agree with the above comment by Nodgey. To me, without the anchor it just doesn't look/feel like a Freo jumper.

Dont worry you will get over it.
In 2 years time when they run around the mcg with the cup held high
you wont remember what the anchor jumper looked like.

Absolute pile of ****in shit!!! what a fuking gay logo! get an imagination!!!!! and Matthew20: In your fuking dreams!!!!!!!!!!! what is the only ship that doesnt stop at freo? the premiership! WCE = 25 years, 5 GFs, 3 Premierships! most succesful club in the AFL (for how long theyve been in it) FREO, 16? years, 0 GFs, 0 premierships! SHIT and there logo and guernsey show it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'd enjoy the changes overall a bit more if the logo didn't suck so much. Jumpers are great though. Will translate well to a winning culture.

Go to http://www.afl.com.au/ and play spot the logo.

The logo doesnt look too bad when compared to others. The melbourne one is too busy, west coast adelaide too cartoony. Although if the "dockers" stands out more than the bloody symbol. Needs to be reduced.

The other thing I noticed, the nicknames of all the teams is the dominant text. So it may have been a decree from the AwFL to get the Dockers name back and displayed prominently.

The logo doesnt look too bad when compared to others. The melbourne one is too busy, west coast adelaide too cartoony. Although if the "dockers" stands out more than the bloody symbol. Needs to be reduced.

The other thing I noticed, the nicknames of all the teams is the dominant text. So it may have been a decree from the AwFL to get the Dockers name back and displayed prominently.

I agree but also think they should go further; have just the logo. It stands out when seen alone.

the logo displayed really should be just the anchor with the d. for all the criticism it gets it really is bold and distinctive. this would make it a similar size to the Carlton monogram and all o a sudden one of the more prominent logos.

that bar also shows just how ridiculously cluttered Melbourne's logo is. smart money says some graphic design person was showing off- 'look at me, i can do gradients, and scrolls, and fire, and watermarks, and..."

Has anyone gone onto the AFL site & looked at our logo at the top which is a quick link to the Freo page.
Previously the wharfie looked one of the best but now it looks the worst.

Love the new jumpers. Just wish we could have kept the previous Logo.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back