News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Im a Graphics Designer(guys who make logos) I much prefer the freo logo than the Melbourne one Melbourne one looks like im reading a ****ing graphics novel honestly all it is is a bunch of pics slapped together looks very un tidy. while the freo one is simple and effective but id make it abit fatter.

Good move.

"Significantly, we will officially call ourselves the Fremantle Dockers."

That's Steve Harris's take on it from AFL.com

What's so significant about that?? I just don't get it.:confused:

I love the new jumpers and can't wait to buy one.

Aaahhhhhhhh... Now I get it....:rolleyes:

It's a cynical money making exercise.:thumbsdown: Who would have thought it!:rolleyes:

This is what makes my blood boil the most, it's a lame name that will now be plastered all over everything to do with the club. Was the perfect opportunity the piss it off but they get rid of the anchor instead.

Maybe it's just me but I thought it seemed very obvious that the FFC will be second to the 'Docker' label now.

Agreed. It was fairly obvious to me too.

"The Fremantle Football Club" is just so much more professional and classier than "Fremantle Dockers".

The friggin' jumper was the only thing we got right when we entered this comp. That anchor is brilliant. It symbolises us. It IS us.

A pink jumper with a blue anchor is just a weird-ass coloured FREMANTLE jumper. A grey jumper with a yellow anchor is just an ugly coloured FREMANTLE jumper. Hell, even a blueandyella jumper with an ochre anchor is a vomit-coloured FREMANTLE jumper.

But this new thing they've foisted upon us is not a Fremantle jumper. It's boring, it's bland, it's generic, it's just a whole heap of meh.

I like it. Would have preferred the Purple Haze but I can live with this. Certainly prefer it to the red and green monstrosity.

You probably pay $20 to get into the Royal Show too.

Not in my day.

Curiosity: Which WAFL team do you support? I don't mean Swans last weekend either. ****ing freagle.

In the end not everyone can be satisfied with the new design. I didn't think I would like it but I do. The logo can be improved throughout the years. We are the Fremantle Football Club but are also known as the Dockers (Remember it is in our Club song). I don;t know all the history so was just curious what the 3 V's symbolize? What is the historical significance?

Just wanted to drop in and say how much I like the new visual style of the Dockers. It is really, really good. Great guernsey, great logo and it's fantastic that you can officially use the term Dockers.

You've even managed to make purple look aggressive and masculine!

Best part of that is you're the only club to use that colour so you now own it in the minds of the football public.

So congrats on now having the second best guernsey in the comp. :D

I actually like it, not that it's that important to me, FWIW they can play the games in whatever jumpers, as long as they win it doesn't bother me. The logo looks a bit cheap C64 80's style, but I like its simplicity.

Am I the only one here who can't open videos on FFC website? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really do like the logo, but it does make me think of this....
PrinceFreo.jpg

:eek:

I love the new jumpers and can't wait to buy one.

The logo I also like. Seems more mature and less kid friendly.

The song needs to stay IMO. If we want to be officially named as the Fremantle Dockers then a song with 'We are the Freo Dockers' in it needs to stay.

^ this. :thumbsu:

on a side note, wonder if Brand Agency did this too :rolleyes:
Dry-Dock-Bottle.jpg

Why the f(*& would we care about wanting to use the word Dockers? Its a shithouse kind of slogan, and NOBODY I know who supports the club ever refers to the team as the Dockers. Its just Freo or Fremantle.

Changing something good (jumpers) so we can use something comparatively shit (Dockers) is something I am not happy about. I wouldn't mind ditching the red and green, but to go to the Vs ... don't mind the jumpers but don't like the thinking/reasoning behind it.

I like how we get to use Dockers officially now. Well done to our front office staff for getting that done. Old Dockers would just roll over, now we're starting to bitchslap some ass.

Yeah baby! Open the cheque book and make an annual payment to Levi Strauss. We're really kicking arse now.

Jumpers and Logo rock!

Simple design, strong. Love the Purple..

Bunch of slack-jawed whiners in here crying over nothing..

Off to buy my new jersey, get with the 21st century all those who are bagging it. :thumbsu:

You call the club's history nothing malpussy? Jesus christ, people can't even speak properly around here. Its not a jersey, its not a guernsey, its a jumper, and it used to stand for something.

Get with the 21st century? The jumper design is 19th century numbnuts.

I just wonder whether this was inspired by our apparant new clothing sponsor - ISC (whoever that is).
http://www.isc-sports.com.au/

ISC marketing and design Pty Ltd is an Australian owned business that was established in 1991 with the dream of designing producing and supplying superior apparel to the sports minded Australian public through it's relationship with numerous professional sporting teams.

logo makes me think of this :(
273212_1_M.jpg

also how boring does the white version look :(
an purple version doesnt look so good with proper lighting and not so close does it.
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/103568/default.aspx

Was just saying to my missus can see the Purple Haze Jumper being the new logo in the chest region like the blues jumpers but obvioulsy all purple...

I like the jumper, i said in a different forum you should adopt the purple haze (with anchor) for all home games, and use the white strip for all away games (clash or not). I still think you should have kept the anchor, but, thinking for a few years time headed over to freo to a sea of purple will be intimidating, gives you a genuine home ground advantage. Also comparing it to Carltons logo is not a bad thing, the blues logo is iconic and if you can keep it (probably modified so it doesn't look like it was hand drawn with a ruler) for 20-30-40 years it too will be iconic.

My 2 cents worth

My fav Guernsey - the Purple haze one
My 2nd Fav - the current 3-v one

I am glad the extra colours have gone, I wish we could have kept the purple haze Guernsey, but that is not to be!

I don't mind the logo - probably need to be in a thicker font but that may come. I was not a fan of the docker holding the anchor - never really liked it, in fact it took me years to get used to a Docker being a football emblem. I think we should have been the Sharks (Not because I am a East Freo supporter - I go for Perth), but I got used to 'the dockers'.

All in all I don't mind the changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back