News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

What's all this Purple Haze jumper? Sounds like some Freo fans have got sucked in by some hype marketing!

Anyway, I would think that taking an anchor from around your neck is symbolically a very positive move, the weight of failure, the Daniel Bandy's, Norish's, CLive etc. is now done away with, and you've got a traditional, YET unique footy jumper!! Over here in Vic, might start taking you guys seriously.

Good seperation now from the atrocious EAGLES All-American franchise over there, you guys have got a proper jumper!!!

THe logo's neither here nor there, but there's worse.

Maybe you could keep that Shaun McManus mascot you guys seem to have over there, it's a historical link with the club!

BTW-the Richmond colours are far and away the most striking, but I think purple has been underused, Oakleigh in the VFA used it and i think it looks great!

Why the f(*& would we care about wanting to use the word Dockers? Its a shithouse kind of slogan, and NOBODY I know who supports the club ever refers to the team as the Dockers. Its just Freo or Fremantle.

Changing something good (jumpers) so we can use something comparatively shit (Dockers) is something I am not happy about. I wouldn't mind ditching the red and green, but to go to the Vs ... don't mind the jumpers but don't like the thinking/reasoning behind it.

Your right it doesnt really matter to 'us'. But perhaps the club cares about who they are.

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Brisbane Lions
GC Suns
Sydney Swans
Carlton Blues
Richmond Tigers
Geelong Cats
Melbourne Demons
NM Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs
Essendon Bombers
West Coast Eagles
Collingwood Magpies
ST Kilda Saints
Hawthorn Hawks

To a club each and every can be, and is, referred to OFFICIALLY by either region/locality or 'mascot'. Us? Well, while we are 'called' either, the club couldn't actually officially call ourselves anything but Fremantle Football Club. Change = Identity. A football club is more than the fabric it wears.

Fremantle Dockers - learn it, love it

you have two decent looking jumpers and the logo can be lived with, altho' i'd change the font. That's better than our white horror of an away jumper and hideous logo.

So your doing OK. Its certainly miles better than the Adelaide and Brisbane re-workings. :thumbsu:

you have two decent looking jumpers and the logo can be lived with, altho' i'd change the font. That's better than our white horror of an away jumper and hideous logo.

So your doing OK. Its certainly miles better than the Adelaide and Brisbane re-workings. :thumbsu:

Well... nothing is as bad as the Brisbane's paddlepop Lion..

haha indeed Brisbane's re-working of their logo and guernsey is by far worse than Adelaides

I not against the new home jumper but I hate all these bland clash jumpers that every team is rolling out, put a bit of color back in them.

clashf.jpg

I not against the new home jumper but I hate all these bland clash jumpers that every team is rolling out, put a bit of color back in them.

clashf.jpg

Don't mind it but really like the one we have currently introduced, maybe if the whole back was purple

clashf.jpg

Then that defeats the purpose because the dark back will clash with the opposition.

Like Hawthorn's stupid 'clash' jumper that has a white front and a dark back. Is it meant to avoid clashes with light teams or dark teams? Idiots have created more clashes than their original jumper had.

I don't expect you guys to care what a Bomber fan reckons, but I'm disappointed that you lost the Red and Green. At Essendon our club colours are under threat by the AFL constantly demanding a light 'clash' strip and a lot of the guys are very angsty that they'd never want our players out wearing anything other than Black and Red..
To me the Green Red Purple and White represented Fremantle and I thought your recent colourful jumpers with the anchor was pretty impressive and unique.
But as long as you guys are happy with the new jumper and colours that's the main thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most are happy red an green r gone
but alot of us would of preferred this
Fremantle-Haze-2010.gif

as much as i was against the purple an 3vs at first it is growing on me but still looks far too common an plain from a distance
and i absolutely hate the away version, so plain an boring looks almost like an umpire from the good old days when they didnt change colours ever game an wear green to blend in with the grass.
think i can guess our new nickname from opp fans white m******
909454-dockers-new.jpg

thats a bloody tall umpire wonder if he can play.

I wonder if Levi said you can use the word Dockers as long as your anchor is reduced. If you want the big anchor on the front then it is "no deal". If that is the case they could come out with it at least.

Not really related to uniform or logo but I was wondering if the team Slogan? of Proud Loyal and Passionate had been replaced with An Exciting Future, A Bold New Look?

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Uniform and Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back