Next big rivalry in footy

Remove this Banner Ad

(I am hoping) Collingwood Versus the Hawks.

They would not be happy about the other week, and with the Hawks seemingly on a good trajectory, we can potentially start clashing in H&A and finals in years to come. The silky Skills of the Pies, up against the blue collar grunt of the Hawks.

Also, 2011 Still hurts like a bitch. I reckon that was our strongest side. (Fk You Luke Ball!)

Melbourne vs Brisbane has been intensifying in recent years. A few finals matches, the blackout at the Gabba and Brisbane's near comeback at the MCG this season.

Won't be surprised if they meet in the grand final after 2 finals meetings this decade with the score 1-1.

Adelaide v Sydney is shaping up to be potentially very tasty ! Hope the AFL schedules Crows v Swans rnd 1 next year on prime time national tv 7 PM Friday or Saturday Night (at Adelaide Oval naturally)
It used to be the opposite of an attractive rivalry. Crows were typically a foil who tended to frustratingly edge the Swans. H2H shifted about a decade ago around the time of Sanderson/Walsh, but fairly nid before then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies Hawks isn't a rivalry Hawks are a bogey club for us.

Giants Pies could be. They're gonna be on top in the next few years I think. Hope we are there to challenge them.
West Coast-Sydney 2000s vibes

2019 Prelim - GWS by 4 points
2023 Prelim - COLL by 1 point

5 points the total each prelim has been decided by with the leger 1-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Next big rivalry in footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back