Next flag - Carlton, Essendon or Richmond?

Who will win their next flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddard retires then they will quickly stumble back down to the pack.
What attributes does Goddard have that make him a good player, that deteriorate with age? He will play until his mid 30's.
He just turned 29, and when he finally does retire, Essendon have the youngsters to cover him.

Seriously, this sounds like Richmond are paying $1.01 for the spoon and Dons are $1.01 for the flag. I don't think Richmond are better than Essendon, but it is much closer than you suggest. I like the idea and set up of the comparisons, but lets not be so biased.

I stand by everything I have said. Richmond's Midfield depth is just terrible. 10 players had 10 or fewer touches tonight

Richmond.

Sack Hardwick. Tank like a mutha f-er

Keep Rance, Maric, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin, Ellis etc.

Get a few good draft picks this year and do a Freo rebuild.

You add Fyfe and Hill to this lot you've got a hell of a team. Even if it's the young and the old.

Richmond.

You add Fyfe and Hill to this lot you've got a hell of a team. Even if it's the young and the old.
its a mammoth rebuild job....again.
From a team that has made so many draft mistakes going after similar players every year.
On top of that, there is little development in players

Ellis has been a rare win with their early picks.
but the rest of the squad just doesn't balance out to form a team with even strengths.

Its an interesting question. The current lists say Richmond and Carlton with their current lists are no chance. Essendon on the other hand have a bit more going for them. Is Essendons list good enough to win a flag in the next 5 or 6 years?- I doubt it but I may be wrong, I think they will play finals but just be making up the numbers.
If thats the case, Just maybe if Carlton hangs near the bottom for the next two or three years, it may pick up some meaningful talent. Who knows the answer to this just may be Carlton.

Last edited:
Its an interesting question. The current list say Richmond and Carlton with their current lists are no chance. Essendon on the other hand have a bit more going for them. Is Essendons list good enough to win a flag in the next 5 or 6 years?- I doubt it but I may be wrong, I think they will play finals but just be making up the numbers.
If thats the case, Just maybe if Carlton hangs near the bottom for the next two or three years, it may pick up some meaningful talent. Who knows the answer to this just may be Carlton.

I agree with that, Essendon could be around the top 4 for a couple of years but are unlikely to win a flag. Richmond still think they are a top 4 team going by Hardwick's comments last night, so they are in no mans land until they actually except they aren't very good and make a heap of changes. Carlton have realised where they are at and have started a rebuild, so yes it could very well be them.

Its an interesting question. The current lists say Richmond and Carlton with their current lists are no chance. Essendon on the other hand have a bit more going for them. Is Essendons list good enough to win a flag in the next 5 or 6 years?- I doubt it but I may be wrong, I think they will play finals but just be making up the numbers.
Didn't Carlton hang 'round the bottom of the ladder for the better part of a decade recently? That's clearly not how you go about building a premiership team...

I tried to tell you guys the Tigers are in a world of pain.
They, like us, have overestimated their list but unlike us still don't see it.

Sorry Tigers fans, you are at least a season behind us in the rebuild IF you start today, but they won't.

Enjoy mediocrity because there's more to come if you don't make the call.

Didn't Carlton hang 'round the bottom of the ladder for the better part of a decade recently? That's clearly not how you go about building a premiership team...

Bottoming out only works if you get your recruiting right.

We ****ed it last time. Hoping we do a better job this time.

Richmond.

Can't see Rance or Martin hanging around during a rebuild. Not sure Reidwoldt would stay either if an offer comes in.

That said can't see any of the 3 being in a GF anytime soon but Bombers have the best chance short term.

I tried to tell you guys the Tigers are in a world of pain.
They, like us, have overestimated their list but unlike us still don't see it.

Sorry Tigers fans, you are at least a season behind us in the rebuild IF you start today, but they won't.

Enjoy mediocrity because there's more to come if you don't make the call.

I am watching the dross your club is currently dishing up. Carlton is an OLD team. You have NOT started to rebuild.

We might be stagnating, but you don't even have a coach for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond.

They've done this already..

Essendon easy. Richmond and Carlton are lightyears away from winning a premiership, St Kilda will win a flag before those two sides do.

Seriously, this sounds like Richmond are paying $1.01 for the spoon and Dons are $1.01 for the flag. I don't think Richmond are better than Essendon, but it is much closer than you suggest. I like the idea and set up of the comparisons, but lets not be so biased.

I stand by everything I have said. Richmond's Midfield depth is just terrible. 10 players had 10 or fewer touches tonight

Interesting dennis kermit

Not sure either side would think they are close to flag after tonight.
Well, we did beat the self proclaimed flag favourites last week, but I do see where you're coming from, good game for suppotters of the clubs not so much for everyone else, some terrible kicking at goal.

Congratulations to the old man Dustin Fletcher, cant believe you can still play AFL at 40, well done, hope he can keep going:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back