raikkonen64

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Next week could be a huge game, it could be the grand final preview. U guy(the eagels) are baically there, just waiting to see who ur opponent will be, as a demons fan i would love it to be us.
So bring on next week at the G, win lose or draw it should be a classic.

and well done against the bombers, u did it the hard way, but shame there were no big injuries ;)

Should be a good game, but given its at the MCG, we'd have to play at our very best and hope Melbourne are somewhat off theirs to get the win.
I think the Melb forward line could cause us some worries..

The Eagles have an 8 day break whilst The Dess only have a 5 day break. Hopefully will make up for the Eagles heavy slog in the wet against the Dons.

Melbourne's defensive posts are not very strong so if we can get it down there quickly with our big marking forwards I think we will win.We need to put a lot of pressure of them when they have the ball as well.

raikkonen64 said:
Next week could be a huge game, it could be the grand final preview. U guy(the eagels) are baically there, just waiting to see who ur opponent will be, as a demons fan i would love it to be us.
Another trained monkey finds his way to a keyboard.

Do people actually read what they've typed before submitting posts?

Facts WCE vs Melbourne.

Record
- Last 5 Games - WCE 3, Melbourne 2
- WCE beat them by 33 points in 2003 at the MCG
- Last year at the MCG (when Sampi took Mark of the Year), we were only 11 points down at half time, despite being in crap form (Melbourne were 2nd with 5-1 and we were 9th with 2-4)
- WCE beat them by 40 points in Round 22 of 2004 (at Subi)

List comparison to last time vs Melbourne at MCG
When we last played them at the MCG we had:
- Only Cox in the Ruck, no Seaby for backup and Gardi was out
- No Hansen playing at CHF
- No Banfield
- No Chick
- No Fletcher
- Green, Chambers and Humm playing in place

PS Lynch kicked 5.1 against them in 2002

Notes
1) We have the pace and form to match them in the middle of the ground and a far better defence than last year.
2) WCE are a more committed side with confidence and proven performance under pressure this year.
3) We've beaten all of the sides that have beaten or come close to Melbourne this year - Dockers, Crows, Saints, Hawks.
4) We have confidence in tight contests and from the win last week against Richmond.

Lets go West Coast !!! :D

Ruddiger said:
Facts WCE vs Melbourne.

Record
- Last 5 Games - WCE 3, Melbourne 2
- WCE beat them by 33 points in 2003 at the MCG
- Last year at the MCG (when Sampi took Mark of the Year), we were only 11 points down at half time, despite being in crap form (Melbourne were 2nd with 5-1 and we were 9th with 2-4)
- WCE beat them by 40 points in Round 22 of 2004 (at Subi)

List comparison to last time vs Melbourne at MCG
When we last played them at the MCG we had:
- Only Cox in the Ruck, no Seaby for backup and Gardi was out
- No Hansen playing at CHF
- No Banfield
- No Chick
- No Fletcher
- Green, Chambers and Humm playing in place

PS Lynch kicked 5.1 against them in 2002

Notes
1) We have the pace and form to match them in the middle of the ground and a far better defence than last year.
2) WCE are a more committed side with confidence and proven performance under pressure this year.
3) We've beaten all of the sides that have beaten or come close to Melbourne this year - Dockers, Crows, Saints, Hawks.
4) We have confidence in tight contests and from the win last week against Richmond.

Lets go West Coast !!! :D
Thanks for the inventory, champ.

I totally agree that this could be the GRAND FINAL REVIEW and possibly the best game of the year to date.

Hopefully that heavy wet night doesn't take it to much out of us no excuse because we have a couple more days to recover.

C'MON WEST COAST LETS KICK ASS!!!!!!

weagles_fan said:
Melbourne's defensive posts are not very strong so if we can get it down there quickly with our big marking forwards I think we will win.We need to put a lot of pressure of them when they have the ball as well.
Everything is about pressure. Players are only as good as you let them look. Shut Melbourne's front runners down, kick it long, direct whilst moving the ball quickly and it should be a good game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Weeks Grand Final Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Back