NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously wont be playing them all at the same time. They can manage the points if they have 3 or 4 playing on a weekly basis.
The major concern is the salary cap. Prime candidate for an audit and hopefully AFL Vic will do their due diligence on this particular club

It did stat that Walker has his kids playing Auskick there and lives close, so I'm guessing his playing for less than what some other clubs would have offered him. Personally think it's great that his kids can come down and watch him play and have friends around where they feel safe at. Yes totally agree the $$ is ruining local footy but this situation (as well as others) is not necessarily about the money.

Walker and Stokes are 6 points.

Karnezis is 5 at the most, Saad is 5 at the most and Rodan would be down to about 2 or 3.

If its 25 points for these 5, they will be fine.

Very unlikely they will all play together in the same side, with Rodan being an AFL goal umpire, and karnezis and Stokes coaching commitments.

Not to mention the 3 blokes who followed their coach from the Northern blues. West will improve dramatically this year

Karnezis is 5 at the most, Saad is 5 at the most and Rodan would be down to about 2 or 3.

Very unlikely they will all play together in the same side, with Rodan being an AFL goal umpire, and karnezis and Stokes coaching commitments.

Not to mention the 3 blokes who followed their coach from the Northern blues. West will improve dramatically this year
Saad would be a 6. If you have played 1 AFL game in the last 3 years you area 6 He played 4 in 2015.
Still makes it hard with 26 points out of 45 going to 5 players.
17 players sharing 19 points cant happen.
I agree they probably wont all play on the same day. But if they made finals and all wher available you would have to leavea couple out.
Thats not taking into account any othr recruits.
You said 3 players following from Northern Blues. VFL players start on 5 points.
Its going to be a juggling act

Ash Close was on 6 points last year at Northcote and it was his second season there.

Saad would be a 6. If you have played 1 AFL game in the last 3 years you area 6 He played 4 in 2015.
I agree they probably wont all play on the same day. But if they made finals and all wher available you would have to leavea couple out.
You said 3 players following from Northern Blues. VFL players start on 5 points.
If you're ex AFL but returning to your junior club, how many points is it?

Bizarre setup by Rodan, pretty nifty on the tiles, wouldn't of picked that.

The VFL players are returning players who played juniors, so would only be 1 Point im led to believe.

The points system for those who don't know how to Google it.....

Category 6 – AFL Player – 6 Points
Player who has played a minimum of one AFL game in any of the current or previous three (3) Seasons.

Category 5 – State League Tier One – 5 Points
Player who has played a minimum 5 senior games of VFL, WAFL or SANFL in any of the current or previous three (3) seasons. For example a player would not qualify in this category for the 2017 Season if that player has played as follows in the previous three (3) Seasons: Season 2016 – 4 games Season 2015 – 3 games Season 2014 – 2 games However, a player would qualify in this category for the 2017 Season if that player had played as follows in the previous three (3) Seasons: Season 2016 – 0 games Season 2015 – 6 games Season 2014 – 2 games; or Season 2016 – 5 games Season 2015 – 0 games Season 2014 – 0 games. NOTE: where a Category refers to “a minimum of 5 games in any of the previous 3 Seasons”, the above calculation example will apply.

Category 4 – TAC Cup, State League Tier Two, and Premium Community Player – 4 Points
a) TAC Cup player - who has played a minimum 5 TAC Cup games in any of the current or previous three (3) Seasons; or
b) State League Tier Two player – who has played a minimum of 5 senior games in any of the current or previous three (3) seasons at NEAFL or TSL level; or
c) Premium Community player – who has achieved a club senior best and fairest top 5 finish, in senior Competitions only, in the previous Season. Note: VAFA Senior Representative Team players from the current Season or the Season immediately prior also fall under this Category.

Category 3 – Senior Community Player and Transferred Junior Player – 3 Points
a) Senior Community player – who has played the same number or more senior games than reserves games in any of the previous three (3) Seasons at community football level; This includes: - VFL development league players who do not meet Category 5 eligibility (i.e. who haven’t played the minimum of 5 senior VFL games in any of the current or previous 3 Seasons); or - A player from any of the interstate community league Competitions including the Northern Territory Football League.
b) Transferred Junior – a player who was recruited from an U19’s (or younger) Competition and who does not meet Category 1 eligibility.

Category 2 – Development Community Player – 2 Points
A player who has played more reserves games than senior games in the preceding Season at community football level.

Category 1 – Home Player – 1 Point
a) Player who has played 40 or more games at the aligned junior club up to and including U17 Competition; or
b) A player who has played only at that Community Club or an aligned junior club, and for no other Community Club; or
c) A player who has not played Competitive Football in the previous 36 months.
NOTE: Under the Category 1 definition, a player may be categorised as a ‘home player’ at more than one Community Club. 5.3. If a player does not meet the Category 1 ‘home player’ eligibility above, their points Category will be assessed based on the highest playing level achieved prior to the player joining the current club in the following Categories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rodan unlikely to play many due to goal umpiring and the other blokes arent on anywhere near as much as people think so cap is not a problem. Nearly all work with ALi Fahour at the AFL. West got away like thieves with all of them.

Do West Preston's recently retired AFL contingent need to declare their AFL multi culture wage into their total player payments? Sounds like a rort to me

Do West Preston's recently retired AFL contingent need to declare their AFL multi culture wage into their total player payments? Sounds like a rort to me

Hand shake agreements and brown paper bags will always be a side issue apart from the player contracts which make up TPP. We all know it happens but unless there is written evidence, no one in the league will have the balls to prove otherwise.

Hey guys I'm new here but am a paid up member of my local NFL club who is currently in first division. Was just wondering if anyone else thinks the league should look at changing the finals venue? It has been 10 years of finals at Preston and during that time the ground or facilities haven't changed one bit. Obviously everyone talks about the wind but I just think as a whole the Preston oval is not up to scratch. Thoughts ?

Hey guys I'm new here but am a paid up member of my local NFL club who is currently in first division. Was just wondering if anyone else thinks the league should look at changing the finals venue? It has been 10 years of finals at Preston and during that time the ground or facilities haven't changed one bit. Obviously everyone talks about the wind but I just think as a whole the Preston oval is not up to scratch. Thoughts ?

It's windy everywhere in Melbourne in September, unfortunately I don't believe we have another option. Epping was tried and found wanting and the others are just not up to it. Preston for mine.

It's windy everywhere in Melbourne in September, unfortunately I don't believe we have another option. Epping was tried and found wanting and the others are just not up to it. Preston for mine.
VAFA uses optus oval possible for the league to go for some vfl grounds.

Although I hear he was playing VFL this year, a huge loss either way for Mont with Ben Fennell being ruled out for the year with a torn ACL.

How is Northcote tracking? Not a lot of news other than a few outs and the normal VFL part time signing ?
Confident that we will be thereabouts come finals time, Dirago a big signing, Morris if injury free will be a big signing, Carter and Mills back from injury and just a better feel around the place this year.

Confident that we will be thereabouts come finals time, Dirago a big signing, Morris if injury free will be a big signing, Carter and Mills back from injury and just a better feel around the place this year.
Amazing the difference a good coach makes to a place. Carter back is big.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back