NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right.......you are biased. Not even close. If you asked clubs if they could pick any 5 players in the comp for their club i doubt anyone would have him in their picks.
I can’t even begin to even explain how much I disagree with the fact you’ve just tried to claim he’s not even in the top 5 players in the comp, wait until someone in his forward line kicks more than 30 goals and try to tell me who you’d rather than him

6 Players from Port Melbourne en route to Warringal Park, including 3 premiership players from last year.
So is the rest of there team worth 1 point or are they going to play with 15 players every week? And yes Jack Grimes is a very good player. But I’m thinking every team in the comp would take the big fella from Bundoora over him.

So is the rest of there team worth 1 point or are they going to play with 15 players every week? And yes Jack Grimes is a very good player. But I’m thinking every team in the comp would take the big fella from Bundoora over him.

Cameron Cloke would be my first pick every day of the week

Liam goes well, although I doubt he will play many games. Coburg have been very reluctant to let their players play on byes in recent history

New coach at Coburg so might see a change in allowing players to fall back to local if they wanted to. I guess always a risk of injury or the player needing a rest..

Serves themselves right for paying 190 odd thousand to compete in div 2.
I've said since day one, only foolproof way to ensure level playing field is to lower the points. Should be closer to 30 than 40. Even allowing for no vfl development leauge, 47 far too many IMO. After 3 years of implementation no reason you can not achieve 15 one pointers, 5 two pointers and still have the scope to recruit some top end talent (35 point limit). Then you can let clubs pay whatever they feel the players deserve. If "club A" have the required funds and their members are supportive of paying their loyal players reasonable coin good luck to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the easy way around it would be when you announce a big name signing on just claim they are paying for free, for the love of the club or "just want to play with my brother", that should hold off the pesky league while you pay cash under the table.
Not that i can think of anyone who would try this.....
Are you just assuming no AFL player would play for free? or you have heard something?

To be fair he will be paid by the bulldogs this year so i dont find it that crazy he is helping out his new community.

Are you just assuming no AFL player would play for free? or you have heard something?

To be fair he will be paid by the bulldogs this year so i dont find it that crazy he is helping out his new community.

I may be wrong here but I think he is referring to the Cloke bros.

Yep, 10571z was talking about Trav Cloke. Will be paid by the Bulldogs as still had a year of his contract remaining.
Didn’t he retire? I thought once you retire, you make the contract null and void.

He will make more money
Long term view staying in community and contributing means imo they will reward over time
Business interests require goodwill
Example Kyle Martin plumber at noble park

I have heard that Cam Cloke has a third party payment arrangement. Can anyone from Hurstbridge confirm or deny this. No doubt you’d deny this publicly, but my mail is strong.

I have heard that Cam Cloke has a third party payment arrangement. Can anyone from Hurstbridge confirm or deny this. No doubt you’d deny this publicly, but my mail is strong.
All agreements have to be declared, I don't rate your chances someone from
Hurstbridge is going to come on and say "yeah his building the president a 2x2m deck for 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back