NFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is hes going across Rosanna Rd????
I recall having a chat with Gaz a couple of years ago and he mentioned when he thought his time may come to a conclusion at Macleod. It’s pretty much spot on with the timing and at the time he mentioned a desire to do some coaching in Queensland. Don’t know what his current plans are but a better bloke in football, you’d be struggling to meet and know. Wish him all the best.

Gee hurstbridge were stiff. Does anyone know why the hb player got red carded in the last quarter and why 2 50 meter penalties were paid? Gifted mont a goal.
Is Rodwell still an assistant coach at hursty or did he move on?

I recall having a chat with Gaz a couple of years ago and he mentioned when he thought his time may come to a conclusion at Macleod. It’s pretty much spot on with the timing and at the time he mentioned a desire to do some coaching in Queensland. Don’t know what his current plans are but a better bloke in football, you’d be struggling to meet and know. Wish him all the best.
If a neafl club looks at his record and in need of a coach he’ll be snapped up quick

Gee hurstbridge were stiff. Does anyone know why the hb player got red carded in the last quarter and why 2 50 meter penalties were paid? Gifted mont a goal.
Is Rodwell still an assistant coach at hursty or did he move on?
They would be spewing. 2pts from avoiding relegation. Makes for a juicy do or die game next week though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After a big weekend the interest this week is on the fight to avoid relegation. Apart from that it looks unlikely the positions 1 to 5 will change.
Macleod - its theirs to loose. Have been the best side all year but going in with a lot of pressure on and 4 even teams hunting them.
Nth Heid - the surprise packet must be given a chance
West P - with their full team have a lot of scoring power and will be suited by the big ground.
Slime - coming off a few losses at the wrong time of the year.
Bundoora - Coming at the right time if the year and look like the are getting to full strength at the right time.
Granny Macleod - Bundoora.

Yeah what was his record like at Panton Hill and Watsonia?? ;);)

Might be a long bow but Pete Davey at Banyule has moved to Geelong and is ex-Panton Hill. Yarwood went there last year 100% because of the Gaz connection. Surely Gaz wouldn't consider Div 2 but it's not a huge stretch to think that there might be a plan being hatched...

Whatever happens, I reckon Bundoora, Borough, North and West Preston would be loving the distraction at Macleod right now.

With the top 5 teams playing dead rubbers this week will any sides risk form by resting players? I think Greensborough and Bundoora are the only 2 that should consider it, because they would have to play 4 finals on the trot to win it.

Watch this space.....
Jason Heatley to be very soon appointed coach of Macleod for 2019/2020
Already been speaking to them before Ramsey's announcement to move on.

Watch this space.....
Jason Heatley to be very soon appointed coach of Macleod for 2019/2020
Already been speaking to them before Ramsey's announcement to move on.

Now you’ve just gone and made this up.

If you asked Jason he would laugh and tell you at the minute he’s coaching 10 clubs. Jason is to busy with work to commit to a job and will be taking an assistants role at best next year. That’s straight from the horses mouth!

Back to drawing board....

Matt White to coach Mont?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was betting, I’d have some money on Jon Manzoney or Justin Whitcher.

I believe Garry is looking outside the league at a more full time position. Doesn't mean he won't be applying locally though as he will need to cover all bases. Macleod needed an answer on his future so mutual agreement was made.

Nick Lynch with Jason Heatley as his mentor is something I have heard.

I believe Garry is looking outside the league at a more full time position. Doesn't mean he won't be applying locally though as he will need to cover all bases. Macleod needed an answer on his future so mutual agreement was made.

This is what I have also heard......so there must be some truth to it

Would be the 2nd time he's jumped on with a club after he's coached against them in a flag.

NP - HEID 2012
HEID - MAC 2016

Last edited:
Gonna be a very interesting finals series.
Macleod- red hot favourites, something has to go very badly for them not to win it. All the pressure on them!
North Heidelberg- brilliant year no matter what happens from now on, I didn’t believe they could get this far, so wouldn’t surprise me now if they made a prelim or even a granny.
West Preston- I think the main danger to Macleod. Has a lot of firepower and can put a big score on the board.
Greensborough- up and down year, can turn it on at times and can also be very poor. Second week of finals at best I think.
Bundoora- may have left there run a little late, takes a lot out of sides playing catch up footy all year as it showed with Greensy last year. But can do some damage if all there big guns fire. Fair effort for a 19th consecutive finals series.

Macleod vs West granny for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back