NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

But while your on it what a complete joke that boomer is 6 points, anyone with any knowledge of the valley knows that rsl were a feeder club to the doggies but these dipshits in charge can't confirm it.

I think it's unfair to label the officials as dipshits. The responsibility is on North Heidelberg to produce formal paperwork of the partnership. That's IF a formal document was ever created.

In today's way of business we can't operate on perceived 'common knowledge'. The league are protecting the credibility of their player points system in creating a more even competition.

I think it's unfair to label the officials as dipshits. The responsibility is on North Heidelberg to produce formal paperwork of the partnership. That's IF a formal document was ever created.

In today's way of business we can't operate on perceived 'common knowledge'. The league are protecting the credibility of their player points system in creating a more even competition.
Didn't the northern league destroy a fair bit of paperwork when they took over? Pretty hard to get that info back. His dad played at the club most of his career his brother has played most of his career, boomer played an under 19s game for north as well as the fact everyone knows that rsl was a feeder club to north & some stage common sense must prevail unfortunately it's not the case we move on.

Is it North Heidelberg's fault that the previous administration was corrupt and ran like a backyard business?

If North were not obliged to lodge formal paperwork by the governing body at the time, then it is unfair that they should be punished 30yrs later by the current administration. And given the state of the DVFL's records, who knows what went missing over the years.

There would be a number of former RSL kids out there that could attest to RSL being a part of North Heidelberg, because they hated us and didn't want to play 19's with us. However, due to the agreement in place between the two clubs they were obliged to, and they couldn't get a clearance. A lot of those ex RSL kids that hated North are still there 20yrs later.

I don't think any club would be dirty that Boomer would be treated as a former junior under the points system, and if it went to a vote by the club presidents then surely it would pass.

I agree that there's strong argument for it but also acknowledge the league's difficulty to allow any concessions where this paperwork isn't available.

On the plus side, dominating as we all knew he would. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

Anyone think any of the bottom 4 teams are a chance to challenge for a finals spot? I see Thomastown having a slim chance to sneak in over Lower Plenty owing to a softer draw. Could come down to the Round 18 game between the teams.

I agree that there's strong argument for it but also acknowledge the league's difficulty to allow any concessions where this paperwork isn't available.

On the plus side, dominating as we all knew he would. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

Anyone think any of the bottom 4 teams are a chance to challenge for a finals spot? I see Thomastown having a slim chance to sneak in over Lower Plenty owing to a softer draw. Could come down to the Round 18 game between the teams.

Not after Saturday, Thomastown didn't fire a shot and were quite disappointing.

RSL finished life with an affiliation with the Fitzroy Stars. Maybe the Stars get access to RSL past players?

I know it isn't the most logical link as it wasn't the affiliation of the time period that we're discussing but an interesting thought

6pts or 1pt won't matter come finals, that list seems pretty competent either way so I'm sure come the start of 2018 if they rejoin Div.1 all will be amended.

Bit hard to move the goalposts in season, I'm sure North knew his allocation prior to Rd.1

If only there was a way for North to make a buck out of it
Boomer not available for interleague selection on the count of the NFL not changing their decision on the points issue. The club was advised by a NFL current staff member in late 2016 that he would be a 1 point player this based on a present North player with former RSL connections who is regarded as a 1 pointer. NFL does backflip so Boomer & bro say no interleague. Fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomer not available for interleague selection on the count of the NFL not changing their decision on the points issue. The club was advised by a NFL current staff member in late 2016 that he would be a 1 point player this based on a present North player with former RSL connections who is regarded as a 1 pointer. NFL does backflip so Boomer & bro say no interleague. Fact.

Good story if that's what he is telling everyone now, but he declined the offer to play NFL prior to the season starting claiming prior booking.

Dust up at Creek function Saturday night, players and coaches involved. things not going as well down at Coventry as it seems
Creek played at home Saturday vs Lower so no club function, just two blokes involved in a push and shove no one else involved, not a big drama or "all in" as your alluding too, thanks for your concern but things are going very well down at the creek

Creek played at home Saturday vs Lower so no club function, just two blokes involved in a push and shove no one else involved, not a big drama or "all in" as your alluding too, thanks for your concern but things are going very well down at the creek
Never let facts get in the way of a good story

What is the impact on North with the decision from the NFL to keep Boomer at 6 points rather than change it to 1? Any at all?

Wont change anything from what they've already been doing this year.

If he was 1 point player they could have recruited another handy player or 2 to give them another boost.

It would have to be a pretty extreme broken foot to be upwards of 12 weeks. If there's no complicating factors I don't see why we wouldn't see him back and getting in 3-4 games before finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back