NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor doesn’t need a merger, they need a coach that will bring players with him. They should have hired Steve krestevski. He could bring seconds players from bundy.

You need more than a coach bringing in a few fringe players. Good bloke Stevie but from experience, had trouble galvanising the player group and lacked that presence that a coach needs to be successful.

Lalor signals interest to join forces with Mill Park Junior Football Club by Tim Michell
A ‘SUPER Club’ known as Mill Park Bloods will compete in the Northern Football League from next year if Lalor president Ben Charles has his way.

Charles has proposed Lalor Football Club and Mill Park Junior Football Club join forces from 2018, a move he believes would benefit both clubs.

The Bloods president revealed his vision at the club’s AGM and won “unanimous” support from life members, sponsors and his committee.

“We are trying to push a few things together and make it work and trying to make the place thrive rather than survive,” Charles said.

Meetings have taken place between Mill Park and Lalor officials, with the Northern Football League aware of Lalor’s proposal.

A jumper design has been developed which features blue and white stripes, a red chest and red and white back, while a new logo was released last week which incorporated navy blue.

The club would change its name but continue to play out of Lalor’s Sydney Crescent base.

Charles said the “dramatic” plans would include the introduction of a women’s side to provide a pathway for Mill Park’s youth girls footballers to progress to.

The plans have been met with caution by Mill Park, which has an existing memorandum of understanding in place with Watsonia.

“We have got no plans in the short term to be a senior club,” president Paul Annetta said.

“It is not on any of the current committee’s radar at all.

“That’s probably where this Lalor proposal, (there is) one of the sticking points.”

Charles remains optimistic he can successfully sell his vision to Mill Park despite its reservations.

“We talked about sharing sponsorship opportunities, funding opportunities, costs that are associated with running a club (and) functions,” he said.

“A whole heap of stuff that would support their club on so many levels.”

Mill Park boasts a membership base of about 300 junior players and Annetta said any plans to amalgamate with a senior club were unlikely “in the foreseeable future”.

“Like any of the senior clubs, they need juniors to draw on so they see it as an opportunity to be able to hand over their club without removing a lot of their history which I understand fully,” he said.

“But at the end of the day Mill Park is a junior football club and a junior football club for a particular reason.”

Charles said the partnership would have significant off-field benefits, helping Lalor attract coaches and committee members.

“It’s been a battle over the last three years,” he said.

“That’s not a case of people not trying hard enough.”

Dean Grainger has taken over from Jarrod King as senior coach at Lalor after the club finished seventh with three wins in Division 2 this year.

https://lalorbloodsfootballclub.teamapp.com/articles/1949287

Sounds a little pray and hope from Lalor.

Lalor signals interest to join forces with Mill Park Junior Football Club by Tim Michell
A ‘SUPER Club’ known as Mill Park Bloods will compete in the Northern Football League from next year if Lalor president Ben Charles has his way.

Charles has proposed Lalor Football Club and Mill Park Junior Football Club join forces from 2018, a move he believes would benefit both clubs.

The Bloods president revealed his vision at the club’s AGM and won “unanimous” support from life members, sponsors and his committee.

“We are trying to push a few things together and make it work and trying to make the place thrive rather than survive,” Charles said.

Meetings have taken place between Mill Park and Lalor officials, with the Northern Football League aware of Lalor’s proposal.

A jumper design has been developed which features blue and white stripes, a red chest and red and white back, while a new logo was released last week which incorporated navy blue.

The club would change its name but continue to play out of Lalor’s Sydney Crescent base.

Charles said the “dramatic” plans would include the introduction of a women’s side to provide a pathway for Mill Park’s youth girls footballers to progress to.

The plans have been met with caution by Mill Park, which has an existing memorandum of understanding in place with Watsonia.

“We have got no plans in the short term to be a senior club,” president Paul Annetta said.

“It is not on any of the current committee’s radar at all.

“That’s probably where this Lalor proposal, (there is) one of the sticking points.”

Charles remains optimistic he can successfully sell his vision to Mill Park despite its reservations.

“We talked about sharing sponsorship opportunities, funding opportunities, costs that are associated with running a club (and) functions,” he said.

“A whole heap of stuff that would support their club on so many levels.”

Mill Park boasts a membership base of about 300 junior players and Annetta said any plans to amalgamate with a senior club were unlikely “in the foreseeable future”.

“Like any of the senior clubs, they need juniors to draw on so they see it as an opportunity to be able to hand over their club without removing a lot of their history which I understand fully,” he said.

“But at the end of the day Mill Park is a junior football club and a junior football club for a particular reason.”

Charles said the partnership would have significant off-field benefits, helping Lalor attract coaches and committee members.

“It’s been a battle over the last three years,” he said.

“That’s not a case of people not trying hard enough.”

Dean Grainger has taken over from Jarrod King as senior coach at Lalor after the club finished seventh with three wins in Division 2 this year.

https://lalorbloodsfootballclub.teamapp.com/articles/1949287

Sounds a little pray and hope from Lalor.

Lalor is doomed. Couple good signings for stars after losing a couple. From all reports, big numbers at diamo pre season, could it be there year finally ?

Drove past Susan Street on the way home from work the other day, Eltham had strong numbers. With the guys they've picked up + retaining majority of the list they definitely deserve to be early favourites.

Lower Plenty have lost Barden too, puts them back in the pack.

Caught up with a good mate of mine from Thomastown today, as we got chatting, he was telling me that with no under 19’s at the club they have got 50 odd on the track, both Monday and Wednesday. I was gob smacked, sensational numbers for November.

Caught up with a good mate of mine from Thomastown today, as we got chatting, he was telling me that with no under 19’s at the club they have got 50 odd on the track, both Monday and Wednesday. I was gob smacked, sensational numbers for November.

Look like taking out the pre Xmas cup again for the 5th year running ! Well done !

What’s happening down at the stars. Clinton Edwards leaving too? With him bamblett and hood leaving that’s some serious players gone and with lack of reserves depth things may go down hill quick if not replaced. Not to mention proctor retiring as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s happening down at the stars. Clinton Edwards leaving too? With him bamblett and hood leaving that’s some serious players gone and with lack of reserves depth things may go down hill quick if not replaced. Not to mention proctor retiring as well

Heard on the weekend there will be a few more on the way out.

Sounds like they may go backwards in a hurry. Hopefully they dont go the fist/dirty if they start losing like they did in their first few years (especially the reserves)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sounds like they may go backwards in a hurry. Hopefully they dont go the fist/dirty if they start losing like they did in their first few years (especially the reserves)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thugs they were. And always complaining about getting the short straw with the umpires .

So how many at lalor training ?
Poor buggers couldn't have picked a worse night to go back to training 35 degrees,
Iam going to assume most clubs numbers would've been down ,

So how many at lalor training ?
Poor buggers couldn't have picked a worse night to go back to training 35 degrees,
Iam going to assume most clubs numbers would've been down ,

Facebook post said they had 45 on the track.

Not bad numbers considering the heat and I would say a lot more then most people would have anticipated.

Be interesting to see the numbers next week with cooler weather predicted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously Mike , if you are as good as your ALIAS you would know that after seeing their Facebook page there is more than 20 players there. But it sounds to me as though you ar a very jealous or disgruntled EX PLAYER why dont you put some effort into joining a good Div 1 Club and you will be happy to jump on the back of success, come and join me in Div 1 MIke.

Seriously Mike , if you are as good as your ALIAS you would know that after seeing their Facebook page there is more than 20 players there. But it sounds to me as though you ar a very jealous or disgruntled EX PLAYER why dont you put some effort into joining a good Div 1 Club and you will be happy to jump on the back of success, come and join me in Div 1 MIke.

Must be counting the witches hats pal ?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back