NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Lower, didn't play well by all reports but missing Patty Flynn, Tom Keys, Nolan and 3-4 others. I'd list the other 4, but don't have the names. Obviously not 20 goals worth but I'd think getting through without injuries would be the main priority, as opposed to winning the last practice match.

Re Lower, didn't play well by all reports but missing Patty Flynn, Tom Keys, Nolan and 3-4 others. I'd list the other 4, but don't have the names. Obviously not 20 goals worth but I'd think getting through without injuries would be the main priority, as opposed to winning the last practice match.
Fair enough I can understand that perspective. I would have a slightly different perspective in that I'd aiming to schedule opponents that are going to be as close to what you would come up against in season proper.

Ah well Drainbead those that sit on their arse as a club & do nothing will suffer the consequences. Nothing wrong with getting a bit of business support now & then & we reciprocate & support our sponsors. Easy really.
Well done, glad the clubs finally being proactive and trying to shake the stigma that was attached of yesteryear. Any reason why you blokes have changed the home and away rooms around?

Well done, glad the clubs finally being proactive and trying to shake the stigma that was attached of yesteryear. Any reason why you blokes have changed the home and away rooms around?
The stigma can't deny is still there with many but gradually changing & those that don't fit the mould will quietly move on or have already done so. New support as in membership & business is testament to that. We have a long way to go but new committee up for the challenge. The change rooms setup now was similar to many years back, did substantial renovations internally over summer of 2016 to the bigger area so I suppose as a home club we are getting the benefit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please remember I won last years tipping comp by the length of Flemington straight, however didn't tip Hbridge to win the flag..

Round 1 - 2017

Watsonia 29 points
Thomastown 11 points
Lower Plenty 19 points
North Hberg 39 points

Some very close games, All eyes will be on Boomer Harvey.

Went down to watch Boomer play on Saturday, dominated. Diamo will be hard to beat this year. They have topped up with some handy players.

Congratulations to Watsonia, always a great effort coming up a division and getting a win on the board first up. I know it's still early days but is pantin hill in trouble ?

By all reports lower and stars was a bit of a arm wrestle. Despite age, Nolan still might have plenty to offer, booting a bag ?

Looks like Thomastown done it easy against lalor after half time? Matthew Vasilevski was a class above been told. Will be interesting to see if Thomastown can take the next step this year.

Not sure if there's any truth to it but have heard he will play only 5 games to qualify for finals.

4 home games + the away game against Stars in around 8.
Yeah I'd heard that to, but some at Nth Heid stated that he was available every game except for one where he had a commitment to Nth Melb.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back