NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who make comparisons to the Reservoir and Lalor situation are idiots. Reservoir won a grand final, no players wanted to go up to div 2 and would have stayed if they played in div 3.
Lalor have been struggling and wanting to start fresh by building from the ground up. Lalor tried everything they could to stay in div 2, Reservoir took the easy option.
Jeez if every club won a flag and said 'we cant compete in div 2 we want to stay down and play in the same division again' the league would be an absolute mess.
Completely different situations that cant be compared.

Right decision RE Lalor, will give them the best opportunity to rebuild.

Interesting about Epping. Props to them I guess, as they’ll now be in Division 2 for at least the next two seasons and haven’t had to do so by way of winning a flag. Definitely makes the fixturing a lot easier.

I wonder how competitive they will be.

Smart move by Epping, the League will be indebted to them and will help them out however they can. Probably a tough season this year, but with the guaranteed 2nd season in Div 2 could be the start of them returning to be a solid club in the NFL.

Starz 4 the flag is my pik
Eltham for me easily.

Maccaffer
Currie
Still (for whole season)
O'Sullivan

They would be good pick ups for any top level div 1 side let alone a division 2 NFL side. Clearly Massive depth with huge numbers. Return of Glasgow im guessing? While not losing anyone from what i can see.

Eltham for me easily.

Maccaffer
Currie
Still (for whole season)
O'Sullivan

They would be good pick ups for any top level div 1 side let alone a division 2 NFL side. Clearly Massive depth with huge numbers. Return of Glasgow im guessing? While not losing anyone from what i can see.

Billy sadly can most likely never play again although brothers Lewis and Bronson will be regulars in the seniors and are flying. No real losses you are right.
Midfield will be elite with Macaffer, Taglieri, Connelly, Woods and Glasgow

Those who make comparisons to the Reservoir and Lalor situation are idiots. Reservoir won a grand final, no players wanted to go up to div 2 and would have stayed if they played in div 3.
Lalor have been struggling and wanting to start fresh by building from the ground up. Lalor tried everything they could to stay in div 2, Reservoir took the easy option.
Jeez if every club won a flag and said 'we cant compete in div 2 we want to stay down and play in the same division again' the league would be an absolute mess.

Great post and very true..

Thats why the nfl are considered unprofessional . A team to drop a division dosent happen in any other sport. You don't or can't compete in that division because of the way the club was run , bad luck and fight .
Isn' that the old fashion way. Watch how other clubs use this now. This is absolute bullshit. How many times did St Kilda finish last in the old vfl.
NFL watch out this is going to spread that clubs will demand demotion to win a premiership in a lower division to boost revenue.

Also the NFL say NO MORE EXEMPTIONS for juniors.
So there' kids playing under 14's and there born 1 month after the cut off date. They are in there first season of footy, undersized and no experience.
But for these kids there's NO EXEMPTIONS, so they play in the age group no matter what.
NFL gave a whole senior club AN EXEMPTION to drop divisions. This will be sent to the NFL soon.
What you think guys?

how will watsy do this year? will they improve or go backwards under a new coach intriguing match up round 1 v banyule

"Reservoir took the easy option." mate thats way off the mark the people in charge at Reservoir tried evrything they could to field a side right up to the cut off time dictated by the NFL. They where left with no other option to go into resess.These same people worked tirerlessly to get the club back on the field the next year which they have done . not everything is black or white

"Reservoir took the easy option." mate thats way off the mark the people in charge at Reservoir tried evrything they could to field a side right up to the cut off time dictated by the NFL. They where left with no other option to go into resess.These same people worked tirerlessly to get the club back on the field the next year which they have done . not everything is black or white

But my question to this is how do you win a GF, celebrate and all that then all of a sudden bang to nothing. Must be something wrong mate..No vision beyond just winning a flag? No planning on signing players up for the next season? I just find it hard to believe with success and momentum you all of a sudden have nothing..But on the flip side it’s great to see them back..

Lalor totally different situation..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But my question to this is how do you win a GF, celebrate and all that then all of a sudden bang to nothing. Must be something wrong mate..No vision beyond just winning a flag? No planning on signing players up for the next season? I just find it hard to believe with success and momentum you all of a sudden have nothing..But on the flip side it’s great to see them back..

Lalor totally different situation..
Turbo you are one hundred % correct the old commity and coach hung all their hopes on a premiership and once done did a runner leaving the new commity little time to pick up the peices and try to right a sinking ship.All connected with thw club should be congatulated on getting the team back on the park.Considering I heard that a Div 1 club was hovering near by licking it lips about getting another ground, As for Lalor too much was left to too few to run the show from everything I have heard there was less than ten people who put their hands up to do a roll at the club

Pending clearance for Robin Nahas to north Heidelberg, surely the league has to start looking in the books and make sure north haven’t blown the salary cap

Pending clearance for Robin Nahas to north Heidelberg, surely the league has to start looking in the books and make sure north haven’t blown the salary cap
Another 6 pointer. At this rate there’ll be some blokes playing ones not on ability but due to being 1 pointers.

Anyone in the know at Epping?
Heard Digby Morrell looking at a playing/coaching role down there. My source is reliable, would be a great asset for on field leadership for such a young side. Thoughts?

Can only commend Epping for giving promotion a go. With their ground to go under maintenance in the next off season they are in good stead to become a division 1 club again. A very young team, with the possibility to add some key mature players over the next 2 seasons. Reminds myself of a young Macleod winning squad a couple years back.

Can only commend Epping for giving promotion a go. With their ground to go under maintenance in the next off season they are in good stead to become a division 1 club again. A very young team, with the possibility to add some key mature players over the next 2 seasons. Reminds myself of a young Macleod winning squad a couple years back.
Obvious affliction with Epping then...word on Morrell?

C
Anyone in the know at Epping?
Heard Digby Morrell looking at a playing/coaching role down there. My source is reliable, would be a great asset for on field leadership for such a young side. Thoughts?
Can confirm Digby has been down a few times, not sure what role he will be taking on if he does sign but he does look interested in helping develop the young squad they have there.

C

Can confirm Digby has been down a few times, not sure what role he will be taking on if he does sign but he does look interested in helping develop the young squad they have there.
Just on here to expell all rumours, mate told me a few boys are taken the piss on this, saying I'm down at Epping. More likely then not former students of mine. My heart lies
at West Coburg. Saints 18.

What are people’s ladder predictions this year? Mines

Eltham
Diamo
Banyule
Lower plenty
Fitzroy
Thomo
Epping
Watsy

Bottom 4 to be very close and very competitive amoungst each other I would think

Early days, and first few round will reveal a lot, but i think Eltham and Diamo will be a cut above the rest. The next four will compete for the 3rd & 4th finals spots and Pingers & Saints will be last & second last, with final positions depending on the results of their 2 encounters. My ladder as follows -

Eltham
Diamo
Thommo
Stars
Lower
Banyule
Epping
Wats

Looking forward to the big opener on Good Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back