NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'Day Albert

We have a dedicated bunch of players and individuals re-ignited by the shake-up and new direction... 2018 signs are positive from the group, even this early into the year... still lots of work ahead.

The commitment from some of the younger guys around the club and on the track has been outstanding, even inspiring at times.
Integrity just oozes out of this group regardless of their age, rumour or experience... They just wanna play footy at Sydney Cres and I'll keep helping them.

30 for the first night at training on Wednesday (with no 19's) 6 new players and the clubs re-branding will continue along with structure.

Coaching department is very happy with the lads.

New Jumper design to be finalised and released before the end of January.

5 new MAJOR sponsors coming on-board with youth opportunities the focus over the next 8 weeks.

Plenty of bricks have been laid in a very short time and we'll keep pushing the positive momentum in order to re-build this once mighty club.

Lots of opportunity ahead.

Good to hear. Wishing you and your boy the best of luck for the season. Great club with great history.

Who's panthers biggest competition. There list improvements look like the could be challenging for a div 1 flag this year let alone a div 2.

That maybe stretching it. I would say Eltham, Diamond Creek, Lower Plenty, Banyule, Fitzroy Stars and Thomastown will all be competitive in a even season. Watsonia are young and will get a few scalps and Lalor have pride on the line in a rebuilding stage. To even suggest this is a cakewalk for Eltham is very naïve I reckon.

That maybe stretching it. I would say Eltham, Diamond Creek, Lower Plenty, Banyule, Fitzroy Stars and Thomastown will all be competitive in a even season. Watsonia are young and will get a few scalps and Lalor have pride on the line in a rebuilding stage. To even suggest this is a cakewalk for Eltham is very naïve I reckon.
Tongue in cheek Denny

Lalor has 4 clearances in and a whopping 20 out ! can it seriously be sustainable, makes it extremely hard on volunteer's. Ageing area and wont be the last club to struggle for numbers. New prez will definitely be the right man for job but will still need an army behind him.

Lalor has 4 clearances in and a whopping 20 out ! can it seriously be sustainable, makes it extremely hard on volunteer's. Ageing area and wont be the last club to struggle for numbers. New prez will definitely be the right man for job but will still need an army behind him.
What is happening with "EGM or Supporters BBQ?" I genuinely plead with the NFL to help them out and relegate them to div 3. Push PH back up, they were unlucky to be relegated and have assembled a list that will be more than competitive in div 2. Lalor facing the prospect of 200 point smashings and a committee struggling for support will see them battle to survive the year.

What is happening with "EGM or Supporters BBQ?" I genuinely plead with the NFL to help them out and relegate them to div 3. Push PH back up, they were unlucky to be relegated and have assembled a list that will be more than competitive in div 2. Lalor facing the prospect of 200 point smashings and a committee struggling for support will see them battle to survive the year.
sounds logical but knowing the nfl it won’t even be considered, I feel for Lalor and all the efforts they are making only to go out and get pumped every week

Can't imagine it's very appealing for panton hill who would fancy their flag chances this year

Not sure a club that won a combined total of 2 games and a combined percentage in the low seventies is unlucky. On last years showing they deserve to be in Div 3.

Not sure a club that won a combined total of 2 games and a combined percentage in the low seventies is unlucky. On last years showing they deserve to be in Div 3.

Agreed. It's certainly a tough one. PH clearly needed to go back to Division 3 and have done a good job recruiting under the presumption that they will be competing in Division 3 in 2018. They shouldn't be forced to move, perhaps the league could offer them the chance to stay in Division 2 if they want to? You could argue they could promote last years runner up South Morang, but again their planning and recruitment etc. has been for Division 3 in 2018. Coincidentally they appear to have lost a number of senior players and would likely struggle badly in Division 2.

If it will help the survival and re-build of Lalor FC I would certainly be in favour of dropping them to Division 3 and making it a 10-team competition. There will be a bye round in at least one of Division 2 and 3 anyway, and whilst Division 2 clubs may not like losing 3 games, it will make the competition much stronger. All clubs will know that they're safe from relegation and whilst playing Lalor may mean a heavy victory, I think we can all agree that hugely lopsided games in local footy are not beneficial for anyone. Players, coaches and spectators get nothing out of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Banyule be the first team to be promoted from div 3 to make div 2 finals the following year?

Big chance in my opinion
They've played it pretty well, same core of blokes for a few years, sprinkle a bit of genuine A-Grade talent over the pats 2 years to compliment the young boys. I agree I think they'll go well and surprise a few.

Can't imagine it's very appealing for panton hill who would fancy their flag chances this year
The NNFL and AFL Victoria will not support grass roots football. When is the last time either organization helped anyone. Local football is purely a cash cow.

The NNFL and AFL Victoria will not support grass roots football. When is the last time either organization helped anyone. Local football is purely a cash cow.
Can defend both parties at the moment... I'd say it how they are approached but both have been fantatstic to deal with through the last 5 months

Last edited:
I think I saw something on Facebook about him re-signing at West. How is ressa looking?
Not sure roasted I’m a jacana supporter just like to keep up to date on all the young fellas from jacana that went on to ressa
Very interested in the chance banyule have to do the double would be great to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back