NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can take a bit from these first two rounds. I know it's only early but.....

Diamond Creek are very tough to beat at home and may not lose a game their all season. At this stage flag favourites.
Epping may slip under the radar a bit with all the hype being about the boys by the creek, watch out because this a very good team.
Are Fitzroy Stars the real deal in 2012?
North Heidelberg can't drop home games to teams like FS if they want to be considered a flag threat. At full strength and all guns firing, they will be a dangerous team come September.
South Morang have made quite the impression in the first two rounds and it looks like they are here to stay.
Lalor won't be happy with an 0-2 start but they have a good enough squad that they should make a decent run in finals. It's all up to the Bloods boys who may find it difficult to crack top 4 yet alone top 2!
Hurstbridge and Thomastown will not want to lose the season series against eachother (Round 6 and Round 13) because the loser will be packing their bags for Division 3.

Games to look forward to next week -
Diamond Creek vs Epping @ Coventry - Winner could almost claim flag favourites tag.
Lalor vs Fitzroy Stars @ Lalor Reserve - A crucial game for Lalor. A loss could see them slip right off the radar while a win for Fitzroy Stars would see them sit firmly in the top 2.
South Morang vs Thomastown @ Mill Park Lakes - South Morang have a chance to secure a win at home to nestle themselves firmly in Division while Thommo need to win to get off the bottom.
North Heidelberg vs Hurstbridge @ The Kennel - A chance for the doggys to flex their muscles with a dominant performance while the Bridges need to show that they deserve to stay in Division 2.

Well already it's looking like a three horse race with Diamo still my Favorite followed by Epping & Stars.
This week Diamo V Epping will be a cracker and both teams will know a lot more about how they are traveling after Saturday's game.
For those who arn't sure Go Epping :thumbsu:

They Say - Epping is a serious contender for the flag after beating up on a full strength Lalor outfit
They Say - Diamond Creek will be without Luke Simpson for quite awhile after a nasty fall in the shower
They Say - Epping will be without Moore for the next 3 or 4 weeks resting a hammy which evens the scales this week
They Say - Fitzroy jumped a all little too confident Bulldog side who got a little ahead of themselves
They Say - North had 5 out on the fulls on top of the 19 behinds.
They Say - Diamond Creek may have a slight false confidence leading into this weeks Epping match (Hurstbridge, Thomastown lets not secure them as flag fav just yet.)
They Say - South Morang will trouble quite a few this year and McGregor has them ramping just nicely

They Say - Hurstbridge do not have a forward line so it may be hard to kick a score to beat South Morang...?
They Say - Lalor are without a Full Forward again and a few players to miss the rounds following. Could be a long year for the bloods Epping by 12 goals
They Say - North are very pumped after a long spell between wins, North by 8 goals
They Say - Diamond Creek were not that impressive last week up till half time until Hurstbridge ran out of steam with no pre-season, Diamo by 3 goals

They say you were dramatically wrong

Whether "they say" is right or wrong, it makes interesting reading, it provokes replies, all good. And it's even better when people correct him, so we get the facts,( hopefully).

Round 3

Doggie's at home should account for Hurstbridge by 3 Goals
South Morang Should be able to hold of Thomo by 2 Goals
Diamo are the flag favorites & should win but Epping will by 1 Goal
Stars will be to strong for the Bloods by 4 Goals
Go Pingers

Big game down at Diamo this weekend.... hard to pick this one, but going with the Pingers. Think its time they show the comp what they can do with a full 4 Qtr performance.

Lalor to bounce back and get the points over the stars....

Down at South Morang i think is a fifty fifty contest, will be a tight game.... but gonna tip Thomo to get their first win on the board.

And finally North has to win this one to steady the ship and and gain some momentum.

Diamond Creek vs Epping The two form teams clash in what could potentially be the first of many. Still think the Blues are the premiership favourites.
Lalor vs Fitzroy All Stars A crucial game for the Bloods as the Stars come full of confidence and think they can make misery for the home team.
South Morang vs Thomastown The Lions just got back on track last week and can continue this week with a win over the Bears.
North Heidelberg vs Hurstbridge The Doggies were surprised last week and will be keen to move into the positive against the 'Bridges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They Say - The Creek fans are the best in the business in hindsight tipping competions. I Say they'll get a wake up call today.
They Say - Epping by 8 goals
They Say - Lalor is not the best place to be today with 3 or 4 of there stars missing
They Say - The new coach at the stars has them reaching for top two this year
They Say - Lalor wil go down at home by 4 - 5 goals and next week will finish their year and finals hopes
They Say - Thomastown had a long wait for the teams to be read out on Thursday as they see this game as a season/club defining match
They Say - Finally South Morang have realsied the gold mine they have with their juniors and have made moves to have a better connection through the year.
They Say - South Morang by 8 (I Say that as well)
They Say - North v Hurstbridge might get messy - 20 goals to the dogs
They Say - Hurstbridge will be watching the STH V TOMO game very closely

Could the Stars be the real deal this year ?

Toss up between epping and stars for 1 & 2 this season, If fitzroy stars keep their momentum going they could very well be the real deal. They certainly have the skill, but its whether they continue to keep the application going. With Diamond Creek on your tail, it's going to be an interesting season. :footy:

So glad SM have a couple of wins on the board, keep those mockers off our backs. If we keep 5/6th spot all season we will be stoked.

Stars will be to good for Bridges by 6 goals
Epping at home will take care of Morang by 4 goals
Creek will keep Lalor's horror season going Demons by 6 goals
Upset of the round will see Thomo rackup a win over the Doggies by 2 goals
Good luck and go Pingers

They Say - The stars have cleaned out a lot of bullshit from the playing department and it has really resulted in some progress. Stars by 10
They Say - South Morang will be pushing for that 4th spot this year
They Say - Epping should win by 7 goals
They Say - There is trouble at Lalor and a few players are ready to walk
They Say - The coaching department is far from impressive and is the reason behind the demise
They Say - Dimo let their chances slip last week against Epping but will make a mess of the bloods
They Say - North will take care of the bears but a few injuries might see the margin come back a little
They Say - Stude is anti bulldogs this season

They Say - The stars have cleaned out a lot of bullshit from the playing department and it has really resulted in some progress. Stars by 10

They Say - Stude is anti bulldogs this season

What makes you say that ? I've picked 11 out of 12 winners so far.
I call it as I see it, except for Lalor
I think you talk a lot but Say very little !

They Say - There is trouble at Lalor and a few players are ready to walk
They Say - The coaching department is far from impressive and is the reason behind the demise

Think there might be a few other circumstances behind there ordinary start. Was down there last Saturday and although they don't look like the Lalor of last year they were still very competative. Apparently they are struggling to find a suitable training venue at present due to new lighting being installed, there captain is o/s for a few weeks and they have a few more out atm. I think it's also well known they had a below average pre season.
As far as the coaching department goes have heard similar things, although no problems at the top or with the 19's is my info.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back