NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair enough, from what I saw last year I thought they held their own first up with seniors so you would think that might attract a few players wanting senior footy without being smashed every week like St Mary's for their first 3-4 years and look where they're at now

St.marys played senior finals in year two and year three when the core u19 group came up which are the main senior core now... so that's not really 3-4 years of getting flogged, then they dropped back again due to not enough players filtering through

Who else would you say? Don’t think anyone else would be near the cap, definitely not Morang anymore and you’d think epping have cut the spending too

All footy departments would have been told you have this much to spend over 16 games and planned it that way.
Not to many good players walk into a D3 club for nothing anymore and that's why you have to pay over the odds to get them to replace the ones who leave.
Sometimes its cheaper to pay your good players a bit more than to replace them.

Both Buckley’s and Johnston transfers to warrandyte and mitch Andrews to whittlesea another 4 senior type players off from Morang. Aaryn Gibson also leaving epping. Will these 2 teams be able to stay the div 3 powerhouses that they’ve been over the last couple years?

An ongoing saga in Kilmore sadly. I've always felt a good junior program can only be judged by the amount of eligible kids who turn up the following year, and Importantly (in time) how many roll thru to the senior club.

For what it's worth the decision to request division 2 for the 17s team last year was the beginning of it. Kilmore JFC had always strived to play the highest level available and that squad (from the Div.1 games I watched) plays finals no worries.

Neighbouring Broadford has had a fair nibble at a number of the graduating kids also I'm told. A lot of talented kids haven't flowed thru from the junior club in recent times more because mum and dad believe they may be above the local club, yet have never stepped foot in the joint or attended a game.

Perception is the killer in any local community unfortunately, and yet again those who choose to drive out of town for their footy are having more impact on the club than they even realise .....

So to say Kilmore's been a successful junior club is ok if you wanna look at pure results over time - but in terms of the big scheme of things and the local community as a whole it fails massively quite often.
At the end of the day kids are just doing what kids developing do - playing sport or being involved in community activity with their mates.

All I wanted to do as a lad growing up in Broadford was play open age sport in town. Cricket, footy, golf I followed my dad everywhere, knew all the players, hung around the rooms, fetched balls, ran water, scoreboard, carried the raffle results board around after half time because that's how I was brought up.

As I became an adult I've tried to do it all again, my kids are being brought up the same way. We get involevd, we help when asked or we offer if we see something needs doing. So much can be taught (and learnt) in local community groups, for me growing up is a time I'll cherish forever as it helped mould the person I am today.
Great post

Both Buckley’s and Johnston transfers to warrandyte and mitch Andrews to whittlesea another 4 senior type players off from Morang. Aaryn Gibson also leaving epping. Will these 2 teams be able to stay the div 3 powerhouses that they’ve been over the last couple years?
Its amazing the amount of transfers !!!!! In 9 and out 76. I understand its seniors, girls and the junior club combined but things seem to be broken big time at that joint.

Apprently it wnt be up to dem
They hve asked those 3 teams
Meetin 2nite about the situation
My mail is yr on the money. league givin them til next fri to have the numbers. league will put them where they want regardless of other clubs......

So they put a D3 side into D2 and expect it to be competitive ?
Even if the club has the cash where will they find any good players now play ?
Surely they cant be guaranteed not to be relegated at seasons end ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For any Club to be penalised due to the previous incompetence of the committees of the Lalor FC by allowing them to go down and forcing a team up is plain wrong.

I actually support Ben and Lalor in their rebuild but do not accept that another Club should be forced into a unplanned season to satisfy them getting what they want. They are in a terrible spot due to past incompetence but that must not effect other Clubs.

I don't have a 100% answer, I think Lalor being granted permission to go down by request will set a poor precedence where teams in the future that are poorly managed and sick of being beaten and instead of doing hard yards find a simple solution to appease by winning games in a grade they are not suitable for as a result of the previous season.

I am sure the NFNL brains trust will completely screw the pooch on this anyway.

For any Club to be penalised due to the previous incompetence of the committees of the Lalor FC by allowing them to go down and forcing a team up is plain wrong.

I actually support Ben and Lalor in their rebuild but do not accept that another Club should be forced into a unplanned season to satisfy them getting what they want. They are in a terrible spot due to past incompetence but that must not effect other Clubs.

I don't have a 100% answer, I think Lalor being granted permission to go down by request will set a poor precedence where teams in the future that are poorly managed and sick of being beaten and instead of doing hard yards find a simple solution to appease by winning games in a grade they are not suitable for as a result of the previous season.

Agreed. As unfortunate as the situation is for Lalor it may as well now have year off to rebuild and plan for 2019 by seeking sponsorships and etc from early on,so they are sorted.

If them coming down is at the expense of another team moving up unwillingly then it shouldn’t be granted. This does set a precedence for future episodes of this and Lalor have only been in a position where they have been losing games frequently over the past 2 years. Reservoir had to suck up their pride and do it and start from scratch so Lalor might have to as well.

I think the resilience from clubs such as Hberg West who have copped beltings year after year and not folded once nor looked to move to an alternative league such as vafa as the easy way out should be commended when you look at at this situation with Lalor where they will only attract players if they play div 3 supposedly.

Not digging Lalor just pointing out some common sense the league should take into account

Clearly the team that will be pressured into going up is Panton Hill, they have the money and have recruited strongly with a host of div1 quality players and potential returns from injury. They will be just fine and will have a healthier chance the rest.

What do people think about Laurimar getting Justin Sherman as their coach? Is it a benefit that he played AFL?

What do people think about Laurimar getting Justin Sherman as their coach? Is it a benefit that he played AFL?
Terrific player but that doesn’t always equate to terrific coach, don’t have first hand knowledge of his style. Regardless he was coaxed into the role by large $$ and there will be pressure for him to play at least 6 games despite him previously saying he won’t play ever again after leaving Whittlesea.

Terrific player but that doesn’t always equate to terrific coach, don’t have first hand knowledge of his style. Regardless he was coaxed into the role by large $$ and there will be pressure for him to play at least 6 games despite him previously saying he won’t play ever again after leaving Whittlesea.
Big money hey and would have to play at least 6 games, sorry mate but you're mail is off the mark

Where do u get ur mail Rustednuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back