NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours going around that Epping will not be able to get relegated for 2 years if promoted this year. If that was the case how would the NFL manage it IF Epping did finish last would that mean no one comes up or does second last go down?? Sounds like a nightmare for them.
Rumours going around that Epping will not be able to get relegated for 2 years if promoted this year. If that was the case how would the NFL manage it IF Epping did finish last would that mean no one comes up or does second last go down?? Sounds like a nightmare for them.

In 2019 there will be 10 teams in Division 2. The 2 teams that make the grand final in 2018 both will go up. That's why it makes sense for Epping to go up now with a safety net in place. Forward thinking by the Epping Committee.

It will be 8 teams with Epping replacing Lalor this year. Both grand finalists from div 3 go up, grand finalist from div 2 upto div 1, div 1 spoon relegated. Makes it 10
Sorry I was looking at the round 1 fixture where Eltham and Diamond Creek have doubled up

It will be 8 teams with Epping replacing Lalor this year. Both grand finalists from div 3 go up, grand finalist from div 2 upto div 1, div 1 spoon relegated. Makes it 10
NFNL are off their head.. So 3 Div 3 teams will be in Div 2 next yr.potentially lalor who caused this .... with the worst place div 2 team staying... going to create top six bottom 4 for a while....

If and when a team gets promoted this year it will need to win games or it runs the risk of supporters and sponsorship dropping off so 2019 the could find themselves in the Lalor boat, no money and no players.
Good luck to them

you would hate to be the team that loses the granny and goes up anyway

You would be very dirty if you are a player in the twilight of his career, 1-2 years of good senior footy left in the legs, haven't won a flag ever or in a long time and want to go out on a big finish, only to be promoted off a grand final loss and spend your last season getting thumped again..
St.marys yet to win a flag since inception, West haven't won anything in recent memory, those two would be very dirty if they made it to the bid dance then for promoted (or should I say the players as the club's will want to go up)

You would be very dirty if you are a player in the twilight of his career, 1-2 years of good senior footy left in the legs, haven't won a flag ever or in a long time and want to go out on a big finish, only to be promoted off a grand final loss and spend your last season getting thumped again..
St.marys yet to win a flag since inception, West haven't won anything in recent memory, those two would be very dirty if they made it to the bid dance then for promoted (or should I say the players as the club's will want to go up)
Bad luck for them, work harder and be smarter with team choices if that's what the mercenary wants to do, there's the problem with so many local players, no loyalty

The ammos havd had a two up two down systemm for years and there is not the certainty that the team that wins is the stronger club the next year ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck for them, work harder and be smarter with team choices if that's what the mercenary wants to do, there's the problem with so many local players, no loyalty

I wasn't talking about mercenaries leaving I was talking about the loyal players who have been slugging it out for a long time and are finally close to some success and are robbed of it because the league just does what the **** it wants

Not sure where people got this idea of 2-up from Division 3 at the end of 2018.

Article clearly states that the Division 3 premier will be promoted and that Epping will stay in Division 2, so that in 2019 Division 2 will have 9 teams and Division 3 will have 8.

Seems logical.

Epping up. Div 3 premier will go up and no relegation in div 2. 9 team div 2 in 2019. Nfnl are a joke.

Epping have made the right choice with the way their club is situated it was going to be a long time before they went to div 2 the legit way(winning a flag) just feel for players like Hughes, Judd,Kearney and Stavley for being loyal in tough times

Not sure where people got this idea of 2-up from Division 3 at the end of 2018.

Article clearly states that the Division 3 premier will be promoted and that Epping will stay in Division 2, so that in 2019 Division 2 will have 9 teams and Division 3 will have 8.

Seems logical.

I think it will be a "watch this space" scenario at the end of the season. The structure of both divisions will be dependent on club movements. Lalor hopefully stabalise this season and begin a rebuild back to the strong competitive club they once were. And the unofficial discussions the NFL had with some clubs in last couple of weeks indicated a new club is keen and been offered a place in NFL from 2019, all depending on their current league and AFL Vic approving the move. If this all goes through, I would expect the NFL to push for 10 teams in div 2 (ie. both grand finalists go up, or if runner up not prepared to then an offer to other stronger Div 3 club) and leaves 8 in div 3 for 2019.
Remember this post in August this year and everyone can either give kudos or bag me... :D

I think it will be a "watch this space" scenario at the end of the season. The structure of both divisions will be dependent on club movements. Lalor hopefully stabalise this season and begin a rebuild back to the strong competitive club they once were. And the unofficial discussions the NFL had with some clubs in last couple of weeks indicated a new club is keen and been offered a place in NFL from 2019, all depending on their current league and AFL Vic approving the move. If this all goes through, I would expect the NFL to push for 10 teams in div 2 (ie. both grand finalists go up, or if runner up not prepared to then an offer to other stronger Div 3 club) and leaves 8 in div 3 for 2019.
Remember this post in August this year and everyone can either give kudos or bag me... :D

Yeah good call. If that's the case about a new club joining the league (which would be great) then the two up at the end of the year to create a 10-team Division 2 and 8-team Division 3 makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back