NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke if that is the case. Havent got the players or resources to match the AFL Clubs. Again People that run these clubs need to be realistic if this is true.
Coaching can still be ineffectual where those impediments don’t impact. It does seem harsh. Would think the Coburg coaching role will be interesting as well next season to see if the lock in current again……even with the challenges of standalone, Burgers should not be winless and a number of the players he plays don’t repay his blind faith in them.

People having a crack a Garry Ramsay's creds. It's a good appointment for Whittlesea .
They have div 1 winning premiership coach. Not many of them going around are there. Good luck to all concerned
People around here boo Santa Claus….wouldn’t take it too seriously. It’s a great get for Whitt as they will want to bounce back quickly

People having a crack a Garry Ramsay's creds. It's a good appointment for Whittlesea .
They have div 1 winning premiership coach. Not many of them going around are there. Good luck to all concerned
Yep a great appointment that sells hope.

Most players love him and he clearly is capable of coaching at D1 and D2 level. He made an environment players wanted to be part of and bought in.

Any who thinks they can fit them all in does not understand the system. McKernan I think is straight back if fit...maybe this week. McNeice as well, though not sure on his return date and the rest no guarantee imo but I would do what I can to get Fitzgerald in. A pretty good dilemma to have.
Not really a great dilemma to have. They are going to have to drop players on points, to play players with points. So how much stronger are you making your side if you are going to have to drop players who are in your best 22

Not really a great dilemma to have. They are going to have to drop players on points, to play players with points. So how much stronger are you making your side if you are going to have to drop players who are in your best 22
Looking at each side each round, they have never had all of these platers in the same team, and who is to say they are best 22 because of that. The problem of having which player in out is not a bad dilemma. They can rest some up to finals as they settle on the squad for September. It is a team of grown men, I am sure they have their eyes wide open.

I think it’s a great appointment for a DIV 2 club. As I said his greatest strength is bringing a club together and he’s a good fit there. I just think he gets outcoached when he comes up against other more capable Div 1 coaches that know what they’re doing. That shortfall is a big reason why he and Mont parted ways.

He will do well at Whittlesea, and best of luck to him. Will be a good watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s also problematic that the 2s won’t be playing finals. Could have a situation where they are bringing in players who haven’t played a game in a fortnight +

Round 17 tips, short summary this week

Banyule Vs Montmorency. Monty too good. Montmorency by 37 points

Macleod vs Bundoora. Big win for the bulls. Bundoora by 81 points

Greensborough vs Hurstbridge
Bowed and Haynes are big ins for the Boro. Agosta out for the Bridges. I think at home the Boro lock up 5th spot. Greensborough by 9 points

West Preston vs Heidelberg. Another tough day for WPL. Heidelberg by 74 points

Nth Heidelberg Vs Whittlesea. Even without Daw and Murphy the Dogs will win convincingly. Nth Heidelberg by 93 points

It’s also problematic that the 2s won’t be playing finals. Could have a situation where they are bringing in players who haven’t played a game in a fortnight +
They are 46/46 this week with numerous players who are on points that wont be able to play in 2 weeks.
The only issue I have is that I guarantee the players that miss out will be the younger players like Fitzgerald, Longmire etc. The exact same scenario they were in last year when they left out the younger players and they left.

I think Bundooras issue against Heidelberg is there leg speed. They are too quick for them. I'd play the Longmires and the Fitgeralds. But will he drop a couple of older recruits to get them in. I doubt it.

Has west preston locked in Giles as coach next year? Unless they recruit they could seriosuly be in relegation discussions next year and not good if Saad is leaving too

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back