NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tooleybuc Managatang in the Central Murray have signed Kai Kearns and Jesse Kane from Heidelberg for 2024. How good are these two players and what positions do they play?

Kearns is a gun, and Kane will be very good at that level. Must be a bit of cash floating around!

Seems like H-Berg has lost a lot of talent and depth this off-season for a team coming off 2 flags.

A few gone from Macleod announced on their Facebook. Along with their transfers they are in for a tough year
Big trouble for them it seems heard white and Doherty still not locked in either tho that was just a pub whisper and Reid Brandt confirmed moving to QLD

Posar good captain choice by Berg still think they are the team to beat

Big trouble for them it seems heard white and Doherty still not locked in either tho that was just a pub whisper and Reid Brandt confirmed moving to QLD

Posar good captain choice by Berg still think they are the team to beat
Unless bergs have some sneaky recruits going on they aren’t going to be close to the same side.

North Heidelberg might have just timed it perfectly for mine. Yes lost a couple but recruited well and built solid depth.

Mont look to be a decent chance but lost a few so who knows

Unless bergs have some sneaky recruits going on they aren’t going to be close to the same side.

North Heidelberg might have just timed it perfectly for mine. Yes lost a couple but recruited well and built solid depth.

I think Nth will be the best contender for sure but I rate what berg have created, even with their losses.

Mont are always hard to read, but just don’t trust their constant turnover.

Looking forward to watching the Yulers, I think they’ll go well and will be the biggest improvers.

I think Nth will be the best contender for sure but I rate what berg have created, even with their losses.

Mont are always hard to read, but just don’t trust their constant turnover.

Looking forward to watching the Yulers, I think they’ll go well and will be the biggest improvers.
Yulers might no go as well as we think. Owen did a serious knee injury first night and Noah Wheeler did his ACL last season in the finals so wont play a game for them.

Haven't announced a single recruit yet. I don't know, but I would be shocked if there isn't some announcements forthcoming.

Still the team to beat. North lost a prelim by 80 points and two of their best five departed

They will be up there, but still some ground to make up

Haven't announced a single recruit yet. I don't know, but I would be shocked if there isn't some announcements forthcoming.

Still the team to beat. North lost a prelim by 80 points and two of their best five departed

They will be up there, but still some ground to make up
Berg still the clubhouse leader pending a mass walk out, they have enough depth and runs on the board to be early favourites still

Kearns is a gun, and Kane will be very good at that level. Must be a bit of cash floating around!

Seems like H-Berg has lost a lot of talent and depth this off-season for a team coming off 2 flags.
Appears there is quite a bit of cash about up that way, Rumours are that Nullawil in the North Central threw 75K per year at Matthew WADE from Swan Hill if you listen to the rumours.

Bundoora have picked up another player in Sam Green who was in the team of the year for Clarence. Not sure of his quality.

There best 22 will still be a decent side. When you have the likes of Collins, mcevoy, Thomas, Younan, bowne, Davies, sturgess and a few recruits running around, it's not going to be a poor side. The problem is going to come if they happen to get 5-6 injuries. Then it's trouble.

Bundoora have picked up another player in Sam Green who was in the team of the year for Clarence. Not sure of his quality.

There best 22 will still be a decent side. When you have the likes of Collins, mcevoy, Thomas, Younan, bowne, Davies, sturgess and a few recruits running around, it's not going to be a poor side. The problem is going to come if they happen to get 5-6 injuries. Then it's trouble.
Could be the closest year we’ve had in a fair while.
I think the relegation battle will come down to Eltham, Macleod and West Preston. The other 7 teams will fight for 5 spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be the closest year we’ve had in a fair while.
I think the relegation battle will come down to Eltham, Macleod and West Preston. The other 7 teams will fight for 5 spots.
My early guess would be Heidelberg, North, Montmorency, Hutsbridge and Babyule to finish in the finals. But wouldnt surprise me if Greensborough or Bundoora sneak in.

My early guess would be Heidelberg, North, Montmorency, Hutsbridge and Babyule to finish in the finals. But wouldnt surprise me if Greensborough or Bundoora sneak in.

My guess would be similar, with Bundy being tested if injuries occur, as roosterslife mentioned above.

I think North's ins/outs keep them level with last year. Baddeley-Kelly & Hogan are big outs, and not sure how good Wallis, etc. are yet.

Called north the flag winners in December, lots doubted. Plenty seem to be jumping on board now.

I think it's an absolute lock they win it. And happy to cop it if they don't get it done.

JBK a solid contributor up forward but still a very ominous forward line

Hogan while definitely an X factor, was always one brain fade from getting rubbed out most weeks.

All the respect in the world to the Bergs and what they have done ( its been incredible ) but a few of the departures will just be too much to cover

Called north the flag winners in December, lots doubted. Plenty seem to be jumping on board now.

I think it's an absolute lock they win it. And happy to cop it if they don't get it done.

JBK a solid contributor up forward but still a very ominous forward line

Hogan while definitely an X factor, was always one brain fade from getting rubbed out most weeks.

All the respect in the world to the Bergs and what they have done ( its been incredible ) but a few of the departures will just be too much to cover

Love someone willing to stick their neck out.

I am sure their odds have shortened but being an absolute lock is an awesomely early and confident call.

Hopefully makes for a great season watching it all unfold.

My understanding is the bigger issue than senior success is if they can convince those eligible for the under 19s to hang around and play reserves if they drop the 19s side. After last season with their 2s they have an even harder task to attract players with the inclusion of Parade up the road.

Last edited:
My understanding is the bigger issue than senior success is if they can convince those eligible for the under 19s to hang around and play reserves if they drop the 19s side. After last season with their 2s they have an even harder task to attract players with the inclusion of Parade up the road.
Good luck with that. Most kids have their eyes on 19s not getting belted in the reserves.

Won’t have 19s, so won’t be an issue

Pretty sure he left Bundoora
He did, however I have heard due to the VFL move he may have gone back? Either way you would think he would be best 22 at Preston so you are only talk 3/4 games max at local footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back