NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance Clubs would consider a standalone game on the Kings' Birthday long weekend?

I know we all need a break, but I reckon something like the North Heidelberg v Banyule or Hurstbridge v Heidelberg top of the table game would have got a huge crowd.

Country competitions do it as obviously there is a lot of tourists so they capitlise on that, but many don't go away.

Maybe it would work maybe not but it's strange it has not been looked at.

Any chance Clubs would consider a standalone game on the Kings' Birthday long weekend?

I know we all need a break, but I reckon something like the North Heidelberg v Banyule or Hurstbridge v Heidelberg top of the table game would have got a huge crowd.

Country competitions do it as obviously there is a lot of tourists so they capitlise on that, but many don't go away.

EFL has Noble Park vs Balwyn

EDFL has Aberfeldie vs Strathmore

Both standalone games on the Sat.

Last edited:
Relegation battle is alive with Macleod's win over Bundoora today. Massive game next week between Eltham vs Bundoora
Doggies bounce back with a hard fought win over Hurstbridge
And a very disappointing loss for Banyule at home

Huge game Eltham vs Bundoora next round.

Eltham depleted with injury and VFL at the moment I've been told, so the bye might help.

It would be fantastic even the Friday night before people go away. But you need to find a club to do it

Didn't we have a go at this a couple of years ago with Macleod v North Heidelberg on the QB weekend Saturday? Can't recall if it was considered successful or not?

Can see the benefit of a full weekend off though for all involved at clubs to have a spell and recharge before the 2nd half of the season

Who’s out for Eltham? I wouldn’t have risked anyone against bergs before a bye knowing Bundoora was too follow. Massive match.

When my mate told me I believe he meant for the game against Heidelberg. Mccormick, Donaldson, Dahms and Montanaro weren't on their team list and have played this year. I dont know if they are back soon or not.

Didn't we have a go at this a couple of years ago with Macleod v North Heidelberg on the QB weekend Saturday? Can't recall if it was considered successful or not?

Can see the benefit of a full weekend off though for all involved at clubs to have a spell and recharge before the 2nd half of the season

Agree, it may not work as people love the long weekend, I know I do and actually will be away and actually at a country game which is a top of the table game and sure to attract heaps of people.

I do sort of recollect a game but was not 100% sure. You would think a Macleod v North game would always be huge so surprised if it did not work.

Just throwing it out for discussion in an off week. Personally, I see great benefit, especially if the ladder suits to a good game.

When my mate told me I believe he meant for the game against Heidelberg. Mccormick, Donaldson, Dahms and Montanaro weren't on their team list and have played this year. I dont know if they are back soon or not.

They’ve also got Liam McMahon from Carlton VFL. Hasn’t played for Eltham yet this year. Strong possibility to play next week given Carlton VFL have a bye.

Players, coaches, volunteers etc all welcome the break I reckon. Nice mid-season reset to switch off for a week.

Apparently Scotland walked out after the game and said he’d had enough of the group and was out.
I presume it was heat of the moment and didn’t mean he was leaving.

Not a great look from him no matter the circumstances. He has to realise he not coaching a Bundoora team of previous years. It’s a very ordinary list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Scotland walked out after the game and said he’d had enough of the group and was out.

Not a great look from him no matter the circumstances. He has to realise he not coaching a Bundoora team of previous years. It’s a very ordinary list.
Apparently….so you don’t know but are commenting on it as fact?

Just out of curiosity, how many players came across with Scotland?

SWOOPINGTIME

Just out of curiosity, how many players came across with Scotland?

SWOOPINGTIME

Sam Philp was aligned (assume he still is?), but is playing at Port Melb. Not sure if he will play for Bundy at some point, unless I missed it and he already has. Not sure if Scotland brought him along from a previous club though...

Sam Philp was aligned (assume he still is?), but is playing at Port Melb. Not sure if he will play for Bundy at some point, unless I missed it and he already has. Not sure if Scotland brought him along from a previous club though...
Yes, Philp is there, just came back from injury and played for PM on the weekend.
Not a connection to Scotland though.

How do you come back from that as a coach of group.

How do you come back from that as a coach of group.
Sounds like standard behaviour, Bundoora hierarchy should have been waiting for this to happen, based on previous clubs he had been to.. Bundoora’s position on the ladder will be destroying his “brand”.
Scotland rarely brings players with him. If I was on the Exec at Bundoora, I would accept his resignation , cut your losses, and start rebuilding for 2025.

Sounds like standard behaviour, Bundoora hierarchy should have been waiting for this to happen, based on previous clubs he had been to.. Bundoora’s position on the ladder will be destroying his “brand”.
Scotland rarely brings players with him. If I was on the Exec at Bundoora, I would accept his resignation , cut your losses, and start rebuilding for 2025.
It’s not the coaches job to bring players. They leave when he moves on and creates a mess.

I see bundoora trying to relaunch their juniors.. something they should have done years ago.

It’s not the coaches job to bring players. They leave when he moves on and creates a mess.

I see bundoora trying to relaunch their juniors.. something they should have done years ago.
I know it's not his role to bring players, but if he was an outstanding coach with an unbelievable BRAND, you'd think he would have players follow him. As a Deer Park supporter, i was happy he coached the unlosable flag in 2023, but shattered knowing what was going to happen to a club i was lucky enough to play at in Bundoora.

Fingers crossed they can avoid dropping down a Division.

SWOOPINGTIME

Long long way off getting anything from Juniors, if it even happens at all.
From what I read a while ago they have a couple of under 9 teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back