NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know why he played bottom of the table Carlton yesterday, seemed to be an obvious one to send him back to the Bergs for a game.
Richmond's VFL team are also in a hunt for the finals and with the amount of injuries they have in their AFL side, i'm not sure they can have some of their best VFL players not playing. He will qualify though.
Richmond VFL have a bye in NFNL R15 when Hberg vs Gborough.
Then, if Richmond VFL do not make finals he can play final round of NFNL H&A season against Hursty.
If they do look like playing finals I'm sure they will find another game for him to go back to Hberg.

Richmond's VFL team are also in a hunt for the finals and with the amount of injuries they have in their AFL side, i'm not sure they can have some of their best VFL players not playing. He will qualify though.
Then, if Richmond VFL do not make finals he can play final round of NFNL H&A season against Hursty.
If they do look like playing finals I'm sure they will find another game for him to go back to Hberg.
He will still need to qualify.

From memory, the player needs to be at the ground as well.
Can't be at a VFL game and an NFNL game at the same time.
Nothing to do with that.

It’s quite simple..

• 12.1.13 If a player plays an NFNL match and a State league Under-18 or VFL match on the same weekend, the NFNL match does not count towards finals eligibility.

Have you seen Carlton’s VFL team..that was a game where he wasn’t req.

Why would a VFL club do that.
They wouldn’t, I was referring to the “handshake” comment in a previous post meaning if that was the case there was the perfect opportunity. I can tell you if you knock back a VFL. game to play local league, you are unlikely to get recalled to,VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As if Heid need Lachie to help them win a flag.
Seem to be going ok without him.
Everyone just playing for 2nd by the looks of it.
Seems to be more excitement in the relegation race.
even that looks done…..

even that looks done…..
Yes, is this one of the most boring years in a while - leaguewide?
D1 premier (Hberg) and relegation (Macleod) pretty much confirmed.

D2 - One of Whit, DC, SM to win and Laurimar relegation pretty much confirmed.

D3 - The only interesting one... Doesn't look like the Turtles can win it anymore... one of Mernda, Stars, Epping for me.

Yes, is this one of the most boring years in a while - leaguewide?
D1 premier (Hberg) and relegation (Macleod) pretty much confirmed.

D2 - One of Whit, DC, SM to win and Laurimar relegation pretty much confirmed.

D3 - The only interesting one... Doesn't look like the Turtles can win it anymore... one of Mernda, Stars, Epping for me.
Only boring until something amazing happens. Seen it before. Imagine Heidelberg getting rolled on the last day?

From HS

Banyule defeats Hurstbridge to cement itself as the top challenger to Heidelberg’s crown

Banyule surged past Hurstbridge to cement itself as the No.1 premiership challenger and the Bears won’t have to wait long to test themselves against Heidelberg.

Banyule has cemented itself as Heidelberg’s No.1 premiership challenger.

The Bears launched a last-quarter comeback to defeat Hurstbridge by 18 points in a battle of NFNL Division 1 top-three teams at Beverley Oval on Saturday.

Trailing by 10 points at three-quarter-time, the home team booted 4.5 while holding the Bridges to a single behind, to win 9.13 (67) to 7.7 (49) and move a game clear in second.

Banyule won’t have to wait long to test itself against the undefeated Tigers either with a top-of-the-table blockbuster at Warringal Park this weekend.

Bears co-coach Ricky Dyson said the team’s fierce pressure showed in last quarter.

“Going into the game we knew it was going to be a good one, knowing we were both sitting in the top few,” Dyson said.

“It was nice to get away with a win, it was one of those games where both teams owned different patches of the game.

“At half-time we were disappointed because we thought we could have gone up three or four goals but they did really well to peg it back.

“They owned the third quarter and probably the same thing, they missed opportunities that would have put them further in front.

“We were really impressed with our last quarter, it was a tough team effort.

“We knew we were going to create opportunities it was just a matter of taking them and credit to the boys they converted, especially after a first half where we left a few out there.”

Just one point separated the two high-flyers at half-time before Hurstbridge took control in the third term.

Banyule was held goalless, left to rue a wasteful 0.4, as the Bridges built a 10-point lead at the final break.

However, the Bears dominated play in the last hardly allowing the visitors any attacking forays and kicking away to a critical win.

Jack Langford played a significant role in the last quarter comeback and finished the match with three goals.

Bailey Nielson was named best-on-ground for his second-half stopping role on Kye Agosta, while Kye Yodgee, Kurt Aylett and Devin McDonald also impressed.

“Bailey was brilliant, we felt Agosta was dominant early,” Dyson said.

“We put Bailey to him and while Kye is a super player and still had an impact, we felt Bailey’s toughness inside was really important for us in the second half.

“He’s a really selfless player, really team orientated, and that’s why we rewarded him with best-on-ground.

“We had a really even spread (in the midfield), Kye Yodgee, Adam Carafa, Max Jones and Tim Martin, but the last quarter was were the boys stood up.

“Jack Langford was a big one too, he was solid all day, but he was great in the last quarter.”

For Hurstbridge, Agosta also kicked three goals in an all-round display, while Liam Middleton, Jake Richards and Will Cookson stood tall.

Key forward Joel Naylor was a late out but is expected to return for Saturday’s match against Bundoora.

Banyule’s win was soured by a hamstring injury to big man Darcy Bennett and he is expected to miss the Heidelberg clash.

After facing the Tigers, the Bears then tackle top-five rivals Montmorency (away) and Greensborough (home).

“We’ve got a really challenging three weeks leading into the bye but it’s come at a good time for us,” Dyson said.

“Heidelberg, we really respect and love the way they go about it, they’re the benchmark and it’s good to challenge yourself.

“We’re really looking forward to playing on the new ground and test ourselves against what everyone knows is the best team in the competition.”

Elsewhere, West Preston-Lakeside upset North Heidelberg by five points, Greensborough eased past Bundoora by 16 points and Eltham was too strong for Macleod in a 36-point victory.

Heidelberg made it 28 matches without defeat in a 28-point win over Montmorency.

He will still need to qualify.
-Needs 3 games
-Played 1 already
-Richmond still has 1 more bye to come so will play for heidelberg then I’d say
- Then either Richmond miss finals and he qualifies in the last Heidelberg game of the year or would have to sneak another game in, which is doubtful in his form.
Richmond also have a pretty good run home in the VFL. So I think he may kiss by 1 game.

-Needs 3 games
-Played 1 already
-Richmond still has 1 more bye to come so will play for heidelberg then I’d say
- Then either Richmond miss finals and he qualifies in the last Heidelberg game of the year or would have to sneak another game in, which is doubtful in his form.
Richmond also have a pretty good run home in the VFL. So I think he may kiss by 1 game.
I don't think he will miss out on playing in another D1 flag because of 1 game, they will find a way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back