NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Bundoora or Macleod get up this week. Could be a very interesting relegation battle.

Bundoora has so much on the line. They’ll struggle big time as a D2 club. Macleod alway has juniors coming through and suspect will be able to rebuild.
10571z wouldn't pump up Macleod juniors, a youth or under 17 team in division 2 and a very poor under 16 team
Yes much more than Bundoora but if they get a couple of seniors players in next 3-4 years from these two teams they would be very happy

Moschetti from Bridge got 3 for rough conduct, seems harsh for a young vfl bloke, anyone know time on the replay?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not talking about players taking a year off. That’s fine
Im talking about a group of players who take 10 weeks off in the middle of the season
Success is achieved by a group with a collective mindset working towards a common goal on a daily basis
That how you get long term success
Let's agree to disagree about how clubs can achieve 'long term' success. I'm happy with the way our club has handled it this year for the future of our club. Others will have a different view, especially on forums like this.

10571z wouldn't pump up Macleod juniors, a youth or under 17 team in division 2 and a very poor under 16 team
Yes much more than Bundoora but if they get a couple of seniors players in next 3-4 years from these two teams they would be very happy
Your half right.
The YJFL is a mammoth league and once you get to under 16 levels many of the teams in div one are mergers. Therefore a stand alone club like a McLeod or Heidelberg is doing well to be competitive in division 2.
Also Macleod do not actively go out and recruit or poach from surrounding junior teams like St Mary's whose under 16s are awesome due to the attraction of players who have made the Vic team and on several cases will be drafted.
The vast majority of the Macleod kids will join the 19s going fwd which is all you can ask for.

like it rugby. sadly parents and or adult egos kick in and form super sides or align where they best think or hope little johnny might manage an opportunity somewhere. if it wasnt st marys it then became i think kew and so on. how many 16yo drive themselves to training and games ha ha. parents can say yes or no create conversations and regardless kids win at life no matter where they play junior community sport.

Boomer will play the last two games mate.
I presume Fraser playing because Port Melb have the bye in the VFL.
A few of the Port boys are playing elsewhere this weekend.
Tom Hird playing a Hurstbridge also. I cant believe he didn't get in the best when he played reserves for them a few weeks ago. Must have had a quite day????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell what?

You said the penalty seemed harsh but haven’t seen it. What let you to believe the penalty was harsh

U obviously know all about it, please share....or me thinks just a tool with big fingers on the keys

U obviously know all about it, please share....or me thinks just a tool with big fingers on the keys

Ok and "seems" harsh because:

Nothing mentioned on BF
Not sent to tribunal
2 other same week same charge, 1 & 2 weeks
Nil if any history
Young guy
Quality higher level player, gets heavy tags always
No injury noted

So tag the video for us and we can give final judgement u so badly want, I just said "seems"
Over to u now

Ok and "seems" harsh because:

Nothing mentioned on BF
Not sent to tribunal
2 other same week same charge, 1 & 2 weeks
Nil if any history
Young guy
Quality higher level player, gets heavy tags always
No injury noted

So tag the video for us and we can give final judgement u so badly want, I just said "seems"
Over to u now

Sorry but how can you possibly judge a punishment as harsh when you haven’t seen it? Odd choice of words.

Does anyone else want to see Bundoora lose and Macleod win so the next week when they play each other is HUGE.....
Probably a chance the opposite happ3ns and it’s all over red rover

Sorry but how can you possibly judge a punishment as harsh when you haven’t seen it? Odd choice of words.

Sorry didn't realise so many English professors on here, let's continue to debate the words, cos that's wot I'm on here for, might wanna review a few of ur posts but

Sorry didn't realise so many English professors on here, let's continue to debate the words, cos that's wot I'm on here for, might wanna review a few of ur posts but

Shouldn’t end a sentence with a preposition.

Rumour I have now heard twice in two different locations.

Bundoora have been taken to task, asked to provide evidence by a certain date later this year to ensure they can comfortably field reserves next year and not embarrass themselves and the league like the last two years and forfeiting. Been told they will be relegated if they cannot meet standards expected of a top division club.

To be honest it's actually a fair question to ask.

Rumour I have now heard twice in two different locations.

Bundoora have been taken to task, asked to provide evidence by a certain date later this year to ensure they can comfortably field reserves next year and not embarrass themselves and the league like the last two years and forfeiting. Been told they will be relegated if they cannot meet standards expected of a top division club.

To be honest it's actually a fair question to ask.
Are there any precedents?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back