NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour I have now heard twice in two different locations.

Bundoora have been taken to task, asked to provide evidence by a certain date later this year to ensure they can comfortably field reserves next year and not embarrass themselves and the league like the last two years and forfeiting. Been told they will be relegated if they cannot meet standards expected of a top division club.

To be honest it's actually a fair question to ask.
The “evidence” is always a crock… usually consisting of retired players claiming they are playing.

I believe other rules have auto relegation for 2 forfeited games.

Have they only had the one? If so probably not a huge issue imo.

Are there any precedents?

No idea don't think so but was told that many years ago maybe North Heid were warned they needed 3 teams to remain in Div 1, back in the days all 3 teams played on same day, was told that was a criteria for a Div 1 side. Not sure on this was just told as part of the discussion.

The “evidence” is always a crock… usually consisting of retired players claiming they are playing.

I believe other rules have auto relegation for 2 forfeited games.

Have they only had the one? If so probably not a huge issue imo.

One this year and two last year and play on 46 points so showing no transition plan just clear recruitment for seniors. Spoke to a mate at Heid and they said they whole Sat was just weird, rock up for footy and nothing happening until 2, there is clear costs involved as who is eating and drinking at 12 when the magoos are on when all you can watch is grass grow. Do opposition clubs just have to cop that?

I do see it an issue. To be honest I would be embarrassed.

I am sure there is decent people working hard there to make sure, as a proud club the last two years are a glitch but rumour suggests NFNL are going to make sure.

I highly doubt they would be relegated, if the rumour is true it would be a clear warning to get their ducks in a row and make sure it does not happen again but like was mentioned earlier if there is no precedence or rules in constitution (which I am not looking up after happy hour on a Friday night) maybe they cannot do anything....

But who knows.

One this year and two last year and play on 46 points so showing no transition plan just clear recruitment for seniors. Spoke to a mate at Heid and they said they whole Sat was just weird, rock up for footy and nothing happening until 2, there is clear costs involved as who is eating and drinking at 12 when the magoos are on when all you can watch is grass grow. Do opposition clubs just have to cop that?

I am sure there is decent people working hard there to make sure, as a proud club the last two years are a glitch but rumour suggests NFNL are going to make sure.

I highly doubt they would be relegated, if the rumour is true it would be a clear warning to get their ducks in a row and make sure it does not happen again but like was mentioned earlier if there is no precedence or rules in constitution (which I am not looking up after happy hour on a Friday night) maybe they cannot do anything....

But who knows.
Yep fair, a club as proud and success as Bundoora should be given every chance.
It’s definitely an issue if it happens next year. I think the league should say 1 forfeit next year and you’ll be relegated regardless.

The premier comp should be teams who can field 2 sides.

U obviously know all about it, please share....or me thinks just a tool with big fingers on the keys

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cmon I'm sure mums has fed u, put ur flanny jarmies on, rubbed Vicks on ur chest and tucked u in hard in ur in ur single bed. Please explain

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But who knows.
Geez bit of an over reaction here… people are forgetting that Bundoora had won 3 straight reserves premierships before their 2’s got pillaged by Div 2 & Div 3 clubs throwing bullshit money and seconds players.

Not going to get much support with this view but points cap is not going to help local footy in years to come. Not every demographic has ability to have big strong junior clubs. So clubs who can generate money through running good business and have good networks can’t recruit. Whole points cap is an over reaction by unsuccessful clubs whinging about losing players for being rubbish on field

what a great season.
It will come down to the last round to see who finishes top 5.
Hurstbridge are extraordinary, two months ago they were gone but somehow they are still in the hunt.
Greensborough not as good as I thought.
Eltham & Bundoora all safe now but McCleoud look done.

Geez bit of an over reaction here… people are forgetting that Bundoora had won 3 straight reserves premierships before their 2’s got pillaged by Div 2 & Div 3 clubs throwing bullshit money and seconds players.

Not going to get much support with this view but points cap is not going to help local footy in years to come. Not every demographic has ability to have big strong junior clubs. So clubs who can generate money through running good business and have good networks can’t recruit. Whole points cap is an over reaction by unsuccessful clubs whinging about losing players for being rubbish on field
The powerhouse of the comp is on 46 most weeks, the team getting relegated is mid 30s.

Only team full of home grown talent is Eltham and they are lucky Macleod have crumbled or they may be back in Div 2 again.

It’s not really evening the competition out.

what a great season.
It will come down to the last round to see who finishes top 5.
Hurstbridge are extraordinary, two months ago they were gone but somehow they are still in the hunt.
Greensborough not as good as I thought.
Eltham & Bundoora all safe now but McCleoud look done.
Lol

I mean you can mount that argument and it’s fair enough in a way. But that’s the rules.

Unfortunately Bundoora let their junior pathways disappear and are now only focusing on that again.

D1 reserves players being poached has always happened, especially when seniors are so strong

So Bundoora can throw bullshit money at VFL players who come and go like the wind, but when other clubs offer good reserves players an opportunity to earn some decent money you want to have a whinge about it?
Give me a spell mate.
Those so called Reserves players won you those 3 flags playing for nothing!
It’s called culture and now the Bulls are suffering for it.
And seriously, who gives a toss about Reserves Premierships anyway!!!
You reap what you sow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Bundoora can throw bullshit money at VFL players who come and go like the wind, but when other clubs offer good reserves players an opportunity to earn some decent money you want to have a whinge about it?
Give me a spell mate.
Those so called Reserves players won you those 3 flags playing for nothing!
It’s called culture and now the Bulls are suffering for it.
And seriously, who gives a toss about Reserves Premierships anyway!!!
You reap what you sow!
100% when you stack your side with vfl players who just qualify for finals and end up dropping young talented footballers to the reserves for finals then you will always lose those 'reserve' players. Mismanaged the list for years and now paying the price.

100% when you stack your side with vfl players who just qualify for finals and end up dropping young talented footballers to the reserves for finals then you will always lose those 'reserve' players. Mismanaged the list for years and now paying the price.
And the previous cos h has gone into the wilderness after stuffing them up big time and ruining the culture and great depth they once had due to these ring ins who didn't give a toss about results just the $$$

If Macleod can knock off Bundoora Eltham will be very very nervous. Elthamspercentage should take a fair whack this Saturday against Heidelberg allowing a passage for Macleod.

Macleod get Hurley this week. How many players do Boro get from VFL in the last round when they play Macleod as the season is over ?

Interesting to see that Wilson got dropped after having 18 possessions and 13 tackles.

Amazing that he has now qualified for Finals

Interesting to see that Wilson got dropped after having 18 possessions and 13 tackles.

Amazing that he has now qualified for Finals
Lucky Heidelberg.

Personally I think the VFL rules need a change . Should be simply the same as Reserves qualifying. Plays 50% of VFL games above and you can’t play finals in the level below.

Lucky Heidelberg.

Personally I think the VFL rules need a change . Should be simply the same as Reserves qualifying. Plays 50% of VFL games above and you can’t play finals in the level below.
VAFA rules are pretty good.
Play 8 local gamesand automatically qualify
Or
Play 5 local games with 2 after 30 June.

Qualifying is way harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back