NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, whatever. Double standards here are hilarious.
He is a 1pt player, so clearly a Heidelberg person having played there since 2016, not double standards from what i see, just smart from HFC. He has been a loyal player for them so why not return the favour and strengthen the team??
Very different scenario than a 4-5pt VFL player coming in and playing then leaving when it suits them, eg Bundoora last few years.

real short and sweet.

Bergs

In the best the most- Bunker 14 times

Leading goal kicker- Barzen- 36

North

In the best the most- Hunt, White- 9 times

Leading goal - Heatley- 52

Mont- In the best most- Uzelac- 12 times. Goals - Fitzgerald- 36

Bridges- in the best most - Fitzgerald 9 times. Goals- 26 Naylor

Borough- in the best most- Howard 8 times

Goals- Glenn - 31

Banyule- in the best most- Yodgee-9 times

Goals- 25 Langford

West- In the best most- Belbasis- 8

Goals- Colosimo- 45

Bundoora- in the best most- East 14

Goals - Mcevoy-34

Eltham- in the best most- Bellchambers- 10

Goals-Mccormik- 13

Macleod- in the best - Barden- 13

Goals- Barden - 20
was more looking for total players used by each club, which I will look up myself, but thanks for this anyway!

He is a 1pt player, so clearly a Heidelberg person having played there since 2016, not double standards from what i see, just smart from HFC. He has been a loyal player for them so why not return the favour and strengthen the team??
Very different scenario than a 4-5pt VFL player coming in and playing then leaving when it suits them, eg Bundoora last few years.
Wonder if the bloke who misses out feels the same way.

You can turn it up and down any way you like, pretty hollow move from Wilson to come in and play or a flag he has had no part in, strengthen the team lol, a flag they will win with or without him, and cost someone who deserves to run out and get the reward that player earnt, not a bloke who wants his cake and eat it too. Heidelberg should be better.

It’s exactly the thing many here argue against, and now are saying it’s all kosher because he is a one pointer. It is absolutely no different.

Looks like Heidelberg are no different to any other side in these stakes.

You can turn it up and down any way you like, pretty hollow move from Wilson to come in and play or a flag he has had no part in, strengthen the team lol, a flag they will win with or without him, and cost someone who deserves to run out and get the reward that player earnt, not a bloke who wants his cake and eat it too. Heidelberg should be better.

It’s exactly the thing many here argue against, and now are saying it’s all kosher because he is a one pointer. It is absolutely no different.

You done yet? The only thing hollow is what’s between your ears

You done yet? The only thing hollow is what’s between your ears
Not the first to say that. I think the idea of a forum is to reply to people who respond to you, but if I’m wrong, well so be it.

All this talk about players missing out on the finals for players qualifying is crap. Players have all year to secure their spot and if you are not good enough the bad luck. Finals is the only time when all players are available due to work, holidays etc. The responsibility of the coach at this point of the season is to pick the best team of qualified players.

Players used in seniors this year Div 1

Greensy 38
Bundy 39
North 42
Berg 46
Panthers 41
Hursty 37
Macleod 41
Banyule 40
West 43
Mont 48

Are these numbers going up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t agree with this. You pick your best team available to win a flag. Nothing is guaranteed so if Wilson is available, you play him.
Nearly all levels of senior footy/sport are like this and it’s just the way it is.

Can someone let anti Lach Wilson man know that another bloke who isn't fully committed is getting a game
You clowns deliberately missed the point, it’s not about anti Lachie Wilson, it’s about the hypocrisy of the board around the very issue that has historically been complained about now all good because its Heidelberg doing it.

You clowns deliberately missed the point, it’s not about anti Lachie Wilson, it’s about the hypocrisy of the board around the very issue that has historically been complained about now all good because its Heidelberg doing it.
As a neutral supporter who doesn’t follow Eltham I agree him not playing this week is the right call.

Every club is welcome to have their own culture and standards in this regards.

Personally come finals most sides will opt to play their best possible side and generally VFL players go in. If your club believes that’ll upset the team then so be it. I wouldn’t sign VFL players if that’s the case.

Every club is welcome to have their own culture and standards in this regards.

Personally come finals most sides will opt to play their best possible side and generally VFL players go in. If your club believes that’ll upset the team then so be it. I wouldn’t sign VFL players if that’s the case.
I agree. I don’t argue with doing it and would be annoyed if my club did not do it…..always play the best 22 available regardless. What my issue is you don’t selectively slag off other clubs when they do it saying it ruins culture etc etc …. Whether a player is there in his first season or 6th, the club recruits him for this purpose. Those trying to differentiate why it’s rubbish for Bundoora to do it, as someone posted and Ok in this instance because the player has been there for 6 years is simply talking crap. It is absolutely irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back