NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. I don’t argue with doing it and would be annoyed if my club did not do it…..always play the best 22 available regardless. What my issue is you don’t selectively slag off other clubs when they do it saying it ruins culture etc etc …. Whether a player is there in his first season or 6th, the club recruits him for this purpose. Those trying to differentiate why it’s rubbish for Bundoora to do it, as someone posted and Ok in this instance because the player has been there for 6 years is simply talking crap. It is absolutely irrelevant.
Your not comparing apples with apples!

A Lachie Wilson who is a long time champ of the club who attends every game when it doesn’t clash vs a player you see 3 times for the year

Your not comparing apples with apples!

A Lachie Wilson who is a long time champ of the club who attends every game when it doesn’t clash vs a player you see 3 times for the year
You are making assumptions to validate your view. Basic premise does not change.

As a Nth supporter can I just say how much I love Heidelberg..
Not really, I just hope they beat Hurstbridge next week lol.
Though given Nth's result today, they are no certainity to beat Banyule.

6 points the difference between Eltham and Heidelberg at the 11 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

75 points final margin.

They are extraordinary when they get going, Heidelberg.
Yeah Heidelberg are unbelievable no doubt about that.. but let’s be honest here it was against Eltham, if it was against a contender this post might be worthy

Yeah Heidelberg are unbelievable no doubt about that.. but let’s be honest here it was against Eltham, if it was against a contender this post might be worthy

Yeah i was more referring to how Heidelberg can just switch gears and steam roll teams. They just take control, and have been doing it all year. Gun players everywhere.

Fully expected Heidelberg to win and win well against Eltham, which they ended up doing. I'm sure you were hoping for that result too.

Well that’s all she wrote. Macleod gone. Well done to Bundoora and Eltham surviving.
It matters nothing but Bundoora v Eltham next week - Everyone tipped Macleod to be the worst in Div1 but I thought they would show a bit more yesterday. Bigger concern for Macleod is the age of their good players as there is not much else.
Hope they recover and return to Div1 as they are a good club with good facilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i was more referring to how Heidelberg can just switch gears and steam roll teams. They just take control, and have been doing it all year. Gun players everywhere.

Fully expected Heidelberg to win and win well against Eltham, which they ended up doing. I'm sure you were hoping for that result too.
Bit of self preservation you would reckon - Go through the motions until finals, especially against the bottom sides where there is nothing to gain. Still won by a casual 75 points LOL

It matters nothing but Bundoora v Eltham next week - Everyone tipped Macleod to be the worst in Div1 but I thought they would show a bit more yesterday. Bigger concern for Macleod is the age of their good players as there is not much else.
Hope they recover and return to Div1 as they are a good club with good facilities.

Can’t see Barden playing against Lower. Not sure how much truth to it but have heard he could be at Heidelberg next year.

With the AFL we read deep analysis in the papers from experts getting close to finals so here is a non-expert with shallow analysis of what can happen this week.....yeah I was bored this morning......I think I am reading all this correct.....

Heidelberg v Hurstbridge

Heidelberg, as we have known for a long time will finish top win lose or draw.

Hurstbridge is not so comfortable. Win and they get double chance. Lose and they can drop to 4th. They are playing finals its just if its Sat or Sun next week.

Macleod v Greensborough

Macleod are off to Div 2. They have pride and will not throw in the towel but cannot stop the drop.

Greensborough have to win. They can go from 6th to 5th but will need the Banyule result to go their way. A win and a Banyule win they hit mad Monday early.

West Preston Lakeside v Montmorency

Roosters are heading for mad Monday however will want to hold onto 7th. If Bundoora win and they lose they can drop down to 8th and probably not a reflection on their year.

Monty needs the win to secure double chance, but a loss and it could still happen. Win and they are 2nd with home rooms. Lose and they could drop to 4th if Bridges and Dogs win.

Banyule v North Heidelberg

With Bridges playing the flag favorites Dogs need a win and they could take the double chance. Lose they will play Elimination final.

Banyule need to win with Greensborough playing Macleod. Win and they are in the elimination final possibly against same opponent, percentage is against them sneaking into double chance. Lose and it could be over with a Boro win.

Bundoora v Eltham

The Dan Andrews get on the beers game. Yeah, some will say there is pride, and I have no doubt both want to win but a mostly insignificant game regarding ladder.

Exciting end to the season. Few supporters will be refreshing the app to check scores. Lets hope Clubs keep them updated.

Predictor - Finals Week 1

Qualifying Final
Montmorency v North Heidelberg

Elimination Final
Hurstbridge v Greensborough

With the AFL we read deep analysis in the papers from experts getting close to finals so here is a non-expert with shallow analysis of what can happen this week.....yeah I was bored this morning......I think I am reading all this correct.....

Heidelberg v Hurstbridge

Hurstbridge is not so comfortable. Win and they get double chance. Lose and they can drop to 4th. They are playing finals its just if its Sat or Sun next week.

Macleod v Greensborough

Macleod are off to Div 2. They have pride and will not throw in the towel but cannot stop the drop.

Greensborough have to win. They can go from 6th to 5th but will need the Banyule result to go their way. A win and a Banyule win they hit mad Monday early.

Roosters are heading for mad Monday however will want to hold onto 7th. If Bundoora win and they lose they can drop down to 8th and probably not a reflection on their year.

Monty needs the win to secure double chance, but a loss and it could still happen. Win and they are 2nd with home rooms. Lose and they could drop to 4th if Bridges and Dogs win.

With Bridges playing the flag favorites Dogs need a win and they could take the double chance. Lose they will play Elimination final.

Banyule need to win with Greensborough playing Macleod. Win and they are in the elimination final possibly against same opponent, percentage is against them sneaking into double chance. Lose and it could be over with a Boro win.

Bundoora v Eltham

The Dan Andrews get on the beers game. Yeah, some will say there is pride, and I have no doubt both want to win but a mostly insignificant game regarding ladder.

Exciting end to the season. Few supporters will be refreshing the app to check scores. Lets hope Clubs keep them updated.

Qualifying Final

Elimination Final
How good would that first week be.

What happened to Callum brown? Hasn’t played vfl since round 10.

Heidelberg v Hurstbridge

Macleod v Greensborough

Bundoora v Eltham

Qualifying Final

Elimination Final

Great finish to the year coming up. I suspected it might go to the last round. Credit Bridges, they were clinical on the weekend. I am very interested to see how they adopt that style to Preston.
The rematch too should north and bridges meet again will be fiery. There was lots of chat Saturday.

Dogs need to bounce back emphatically, they were in a good patch before Saturday. Heidelberg will load up. Imagine the website crashes at 4pm live scores Saturday!

Great finish to the year coming up. I suspected it might go to the last round. Credit Bridges, they were clinical on the weekend. I am very interested to see how they adopt that style to Preston.
The rematch too should north and bridges meet again will be fiery. There was lots of chat Saturday.

Dogs need to bounce back emphatically, they were in a good patch before Saturday. Heidelberg will load up. Imagine the website crashes at 4pm live scores Saturday!
Will north be getting all there players in many top players still out

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back