NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a look at the McLeod and Nth Heidelberg game on the weekend and thought that Nth used the ball much better for most of the game and was possibly the difference between the two sides.
Also if you get a chance to watch some of the vision on the web page , look just before the final siren for a Nth player who takes a mark running with the flight of the ball and collides at full pace with the point post. How he is not seriously injured is beyond me, I hope the lad is ok !!

Had a look at the McLeod and Nth Heidelberg game on the weekend and thought that Nth used the ball much better for most of the game and was possibly the difference between the two sides.
Also if you get a chance to watch some of the vision on the web page , look just before the final siren for a Nth player who takes a mark running with the flight of the ball and collides at full pace with the point post. How he is not seriously injured is beyond me, I hope the lad is ok !!

Yeh had a look myself. May take a few weeks for Macleod to fine tune the new game plan. Looked sloppy at times. North will be thereabouts come the business end.

Would be Nick Matthews who crashed into the post. He’s fine & will play this weekend.
Good to hear Dubai Man, it was a sensational effort just to get back up on his feet . I don't think I have seen anyone hit the post as hard as he did !.

Must admit I was sad to hear that the NFNL haven't continued with the record. However I must say credit where it's due, with weekly podcasts, photos from NWM Sports, replays, plays of the week, match reports and team announcements across the board, Sam Zito and co. must be commended, the coverage of the competition is first class, truly professional.

Last edited:
Anyone provide info on the early stops to games due to ambulances last week? I know one was at Para Rd but heard there was another?

Anyone provide info on the early stops to games due to ambulances last week? I know one was at Para Rd but heard there was another?

Boro v Bridges game was off early. Was told Monday at work by a Boro fan that it was Brayden Shaw but not sure of any detail as to why. Walton was the player from Mont. Hope whatever the injuries were they're both ok.

Boro v Bridges game was off early. Was told Monday at work by a Boro fan that it was Brayden Shaw but not sure of any detail as to why. Walton was the player from Mont. Hope whatever the injuries were they're both ok.

Leader Local Footy article said Shaw was inadvertently knocked out and required an ambulance. Game was called off after that. Shaw apparently stayed in hospital overnight but is okay - could be the end of his career, however, unfortunately

Leader Local Footy article said Shaw was inadvertently knocked out and required an ambulance. Game was called off after that. Shaw apparently stayed in hospital overnight but is okay - could be the end of his career, however, unfortunately
Any news on Shaw?
Good Fella hope he’s ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit I was sad to hear that the NFNL haven't continued with the record. However I must say credit where it's due, with weekly podcasts, photos from NWM Sports, replays, plays of the week, match reports and team announcements across the board, Sam Zito and co. must be commended, the coverage of the competition is first class, truly professional.

BRING BACK THE FOOTY RECORD. Just want to know the names of the opposition players.

WPL season could not have started any worse. Two losses and big Kova carried off with another knee injury.

Though the nfl record doesn’t sell as much as once was, how much would the league lose in a year producing the record

Though the nfl record doesn’t sell as much as once was, how much would the league lose in a year producing the record
Think there was a fair push from the clubs.. After home games, they ended up with boxes and boxes of unsold records. Maybe they should have reduced the amount produced and if there was still leftovers, pull the pin. Seems like they could have had a trial run with less records first before cutting completely.

A
Think there was a fair push from the clubs.. After home games, they ended up with boxes and boxes of unsold records. Maybe they should have reduced the amount produced and if there was still leftovers, pull the pin. Seems like they could have had a trial run with less records first before cutting completely.

Yeah I know their was plenty left each week,
Though I do know their is a small percentage of supporters that enjoy buying a record to read articles team lists etc

Watched the Bulls vs Doggies game on Saturday and what a cracking last quarter from the doggies. Bulls had the game in there control for 3 quarters. Moorecroft hard as nails at the contest and I seriously believe the bloke could play for years to come. Well done to both sides and a great crowd as well. Diamond Valley at its best

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It essentially doesn't cost the league anything, the clubs would be happy with the savings though... The money has been diverted into increased digital media as i understand... Same with SFNL, EDFL, AFL SE and quite a few other leagues around.

Costs are only one factor as you need to get them picked up on Fridays, produce content, edit, manufacture, distribute all for the sake of 15 records sold for the season... Information is in the palm of 90% of peoples hands.

I'll get back to my D3 thread now. wink

It essentially doesn't cost the league anything, the clubs would be happy with the savings though... The money has been diverted into increased digital media as i understand... Same with SFNL, EDFL, AFL SE and quite a few other leagues around.

Costs are only one factor as you need to get them picked up on Fridays, produce content, edit, manufacture, distribute all for the sake of 15 records sold for the season... Information is in the palm of 90% of peoples hands.

I'll get back to my D3 thread now. wink

Nailed it Ben. Whilst I was one of the few that got one the fact that Clubs where forced to buy boxes of them and sold SFA meant all Clubs comfortably voted to boot the record. If they used the sponsors properly and gave them away then maybe they would still have a use.

BRING BACK THE FOOTY RECORD. Just want to know the names of the opposition players.

WPL season could not have started any worse. Two losses and big Kova carried off with another knee injury.

Hey mate, I’ve noticed on the EDFL web site they have ins & outs each week and include a PDF version team list you can print out. Great idea and think home clubs should print these out and have them at the canteen or bar. Does the NFL provide these.
D29A355E-BCCC-45C3-A6F5-0B17E7397F59.png

Hey mate, I’ve noticed on the EDFL web site they have ins & outs each week and include a PDF version team list you can print out. Great idea and think home clubs should print these out and have them at the canteen or bar. Does the NFL provide these.

That's a great idea! Perhaps some of our influencial social media people should canvas that with the NFL & clubs. I cannot see any option there on the NFL website now, but surely they could do same as EDFL and put a pdf export option on the Match Centre team lists.
I use the TeamApp for player lists (number and who), but a printed copy would be much handier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back