NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any feedback from the website regarding training / playing in the NFNL

Just been given some info that NFNL have training is still banned until further notice. Lets see how lon this takes for them to announce. Also are they dragging the chain ( NFNL ) so that they still have a job unlike a lot of unlucky other people. If they say season done they will be out of a job too wouldnt they? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Madness....
95% of local footballers are already doing some form of training & since the 10 people group allowance at parks & PT sessions , why wouldn’t you start football training in groups of 10?
Must if not all clubs out there who have given their players a training plan for the last 10 weeks..
So let’s get out there & have a kick with our mates & whatever happens with the actual competition , we’ll cross that bridge in the future..
salary caps slashed , so all clubs affected by that..
Imagine come July all the ‘social distancing’ laws are dropped , well its business as usual - crowds , bars , canteens = Play on...

Wo
Madness....
95% of local footballers are already doing some form of training & since the 10 people group allowance at parks & PT sessions , why wouldn’t you start football training in groups of 10?
Must if not all clubs out there who have given their players a training plan for the last 10 weeks..
So let’s get out there & have a kick with our mates & whatever happens with the actual competition , we’ll cross that bridge in the future..
salary caps slashed , so all clubs affected by that..
Imagine come July all the ‘social distancing’ laws are dropped , well its business as usual - crowds , bars , canteens = Play on...
unfortunately social distancing will be with us for quite a while

Clubs can train on the 25th, in 2 x groups of 10. That was announced over the weekend, I’d imagine most clubs are working their way around the numbers on how to manage it. Clubs also need a covid officer, so the information is there if you want to read it.

Dan Andrews announcement around cafes and restaurants opening up in June and increasing over the proceeding 4 weeks is a good sign for clubs. If an indoor cafe can have 100 people inside by mid July why can’t we have atleast 100 outside watching footy, maybe more.

Clubs can train on the 25th, in 2 x groups of 10. That was announced over the weekend, I’d imagine most clubs are working their way around the numbers on how to manage it. Clubs also need a covid officer, so the information is there if you want to read it.

Dan Andrews announcement around cafes and restaurants opening up in June and increasing over the proceeding 4 weeks is a good sign for clubs. If an indoor cafe can have 100 people inside by mid July why can’t we have atleast 100 outside watching footy, maybe more.
Feel for the poor buggers who miss the cut for training ha ha :D
A Covid19 officer?
Jesus Christ you’d wanna background to be all over the compliance stuff or will the leagues actually do the leg work and this officer simply has to overlook according to what’s rolled down to the volunteers?

Think you will find as of tonight clubs are still banned until further notice , correct me if I’m wrong

Dooes anyone actually need a league or club's approval to do anything right now?

Can't we all be adults about all this - take it upon ourselves to seek the connections we require, be it physically, socially or more importantly mentally.

Same as parents of junior participants.
Don't be lazy, we can organise amongst fellow sporting parents a "play date" type scenario at the local oval, park or what not for your kids to exercise and intereact - and give all our club volunteer's the breathing space they need to digest the information as it comes in, and then be ready should an actual date present.

Some of the return to play stuff may in fact be conditional ... based on how we all approach this current "groups of 10" phase.

Believe it or not, without a date to play, all you'd all be doing anyway is what is suggested above so for the time being surely everyone can take it upon themselves and just all improvise a little bit.

It's really not that hard is it, it is OK to train in groups of 10, nothing dangerous or illegal about it. If you so desired, amongst the playing group/coaches, arrange training between 9 players and 1 coach, don't wear any club tops and away you go. Arrange groups in the areas that your players/coaches live in to reduce all meeting at the club base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really not that hard is it, it is OK to train in groups of 10, nothing dangerous or illegal about it. If you so desired, amongst the playing group/coaches, arrange training between 9 players and 1 coach, don't wear any club tops and away you go. Arrange groups in the areas that your players/coaches live in to reduce all meeting at the club base.

I'm hearing mo footy but amos this season they have start date already i strongly believe that's why transfers have opened

Lol, good North Heidelberg. Publicly sooking their was some miscommunication in regards to training returning and how much of a blight it was on their poor club being pushed back a week.

This situation is constantly changing and leagues and governing bodies are simply trying their best.

Lol, good North Heidelberg. Publicly sooking their was some miscommunication in regards to training returning and how much of a blight it was on their poor club being pushed back a week.

This situation is constantly changing and leagues and governing bodies are simply trying their best.
Wonder how long it will be till it gets taken down?

From their Facebook -

AFL Victoria you need a foot up the rear end.
Complete muck up & mixed messages on return to training dates are frustrating us all.

We spent countless hours over a weekend advising our coaches, playing group, sponsors & members that training albeit heavily restricted will return week commencing Monday May 25.

We are up & running & fantastic only to be advised 24 hours later that all bets are off & the release from AFL Victoria was incorrect.
A plea to stakeholders of community football - AFL Victoria & the NFNL please make sure you are all on the same page before releasing information. The hours of key committee personnel at our clubs are already stretched, football or no football & yes we are still very busy to ensure our club is prepared if/when we make a return.
The events over the last 2-3 days & the subsequent lack of communication between our peak bodies is extremely disappointing, please get your act together.
Regards
Warren Haysom
President
North Heidelberg Sporting Club

I be
Local soccer have communicated a starting date of June 28, with their equivalent VFL competitions (NPL) starting early July.

Probably the clearest indication that playing is every chance now.
Playing is no chance in the NFNL. Some sort of training, yes.

So if there is no chance of playing, why don't they just tell people now.
Can’t answer that, clubs were supposed to get a response off the league last week, but they are sitting on there hands for some reason. Can’t see community soccer starting in 4 weeks either, not sure how the government will allow that.

Can’t answer that, clubs were supposed to get a response off the league last week, but they are sitting on there hands for some reason. Can’t see community soccer starting in 4 weeks either, not sure how the government will allow that.
Soccer is lucky as they can extend the season with many clubs not sharing facilities with others however footy clubs usually share the oval with cricket during the summer so we have that issue.

If I was independent I would say that Cricket was lucky that they missed most of the hit. Footy has copped it bad so if I was cricket I would say we got lucky so lets do the good thing and delay our season for a little bit- they can always start back earlier in January to add the game in if they wish.

Wonder how long it will be till it gets taken down?

From their Facebook -

AFL Victoria you need a foot up the rear end.
Complete muck up & mixed messages on return to training dates are frustrating us all.

We spent countless hours over a weekend advising our coaches, playing group, sponsors & members that training albeit heavily restricted will return week commencing Monday May 25.

We are up & running & fantastic only to be advised 24 hours later that all bets are off & the release from AFL Victoria was incorrect.
A plea to stakeholders of community football - AFL Victoria & the NFNL please make sure you are all on the same page before releasing information. The hours of key committee personnel at our clubs are already stretched, football or no football & yes we are still very busy to ensure our club is prepared if/when we make a return.
The events over the last 2-3 days & the subsequent lack of communication between our peak bodies is extremely disappointing, please get your act together.
Regards
Warren Haysom
President
North Heidelberg Sporting Club
Lol who writes this garage! They pushed training a week ffs

Soccer is lucky as they can extend the season with many clubs not sharing facilities with others however footy clubs usually share the oval with cricket during the summer so we have that issue.

If I was independent I would say that Cricket was lucky that they missed most of the hit. Footy has copped it bad so if I was cricket I would say we got lucky so lets do the good thing and delay our season for a little bit- they can always start back earlier in January to add the game in if they wish.
Yeh I agree with you. Give everyone a start date in September and play til December. Both cricket and footy only play a 3 month season and back to normal next year. And just pray restrictions are lifted by September!

The government is planning to have 100 people sit inside a restaurant together by Mid July. Sure people in a cafe can sit a part, but they are inside touching the same tables/chairs and door handles. Footy is played outside, contact is the issue right now but no more a less of risk than sitting in a cafe and touching the same door handle as someone.

Money will cancel the season before anything else, the easy option is just to cancel it. I doubt the leagues are all seeing eye to eye on this and will keep pushing ahead to play even if they don't believe at this stage it is likely. Things have improved significantly in the last 5 weeks, who knows where we will be at in 6-8 more weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back