NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez my head hurts from all that ha ha!!!

Lot of opinion, passion, personal side of arguments which is cool, but no matter what happens the world keeps spinning and we choose what role we can, can’t or want to play.

I know the stipulations I’ve been told I can and can’t do re: football right now, and that’s as a two bob part timer, so unless we 100% know the message and constraints our administrators are under I think a few deep breathes are required.
Looking at everything thru our own needs and wants will not solve a once in a lifetime scenario.

Juniors still no certainty for all the reasons highlighted and argued in the previous pages, and if as parents and mentors we fear “losing” kids then did we really have them?

Parenting, putting life into perspective and balance should have all the little Johnnys fully aware of life’s shitstorm right now, and that when footy returns and if you wanna play .... you’ll be able to.

The underlying issue here is how many clubs were really financial before all this. Clearly there is a big problem in local footy around the financial management of Leagues and individual clubs.

SA approved to play competition football in front of crowds of 500. Disappointing that the league and clubs didn’t have the desire to see wait.
Just posted this on the EDFL page in regards to this same statement. Hopefully by months end we are in a similar position too make the same call, for community level sport.

They have done well over there in SA, but they have also had 25+ days of zero reporter cases, and are hoping to restart in a months times, when potentially they could have had over 50 days by then of zero cases, unfortunately in Victoria we haven’t had those results yet and need to be careful on what we do in regards to crowds and lifting restrictions too early. I would love for footy to be back at a community level with crowds etc, but I’m also aware, we aren’t at that stage yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have unknown community transmission still popping up. That’s not happening in SA.

I think footy may get going in the VAFA, Outer East and a few other comps though.

Victoria has conducted 547,000 tests for a positive test rate of 0.3 SA 116,000 tests for a positive test rate of 0.4......it’s no more prevelant in Vic than it is in SA. We have a bigger population and have conducted far more tests for that reason. 2 of the last 3 days we’ve had 0 cases.

Victoria has conducted 547,000 tests for a positive test rate of 0.3 SA 116,000 tests for a positive test rate of 0.4......it’s no more prevelant in Vic than it is in SA. We have a bigger population and have conducted far more tests for that reason. 2 of the last 3 days we’ve had 0 cases.
Yes and today we have 3 random cases connected to nothing at this stage... SA again has a zero.

We have unknown community transmission still popping up. That’s not happening in SA.

I think footy may get going in the VAFA, Outer East and a few other comps though.
According to https://covidlive.com.au/ no community transmissions in Vic for the past 3 days. In any case, we are in a position to handle them (we only have 9 people in hospital w Covid.....9) The restrictions are destined to reduce and are likely to do so relatively quickly. I don't think the restrictions per se are what will deny local leagues getting started. Footy will be most likely to get going in comps that are financially secure and don't have the financial worries of a Northern League..there is not an argument around health concerns, even less so if there is no spike following the protests of last weekend (if there is a spike, well all bets are definitely off). Perhaps the NFL could have waited for the 22nd like everyone else seems to be and then be able to make such a final decision with more information to justify it......unless of course the $$$$ are in such a way that it is now financially impossible to get the league up. I really do have concerns for next season if the dollars are as scarce as they appear to be. The competition will be looking very different in 12 months time I think.

At least we can see some NAB league footy and VFL footy this season, albeit greatly reduced. The AFL pledge to get those seasons going are an important aspect of the game and the boys in the NAB League will at least get some chance to push a claim for a draft spot, however scarce they may be this year. Anyone needing a fix might be able to get one there...it will be September and they might have a game or two at Preston so it will be just like every other year in September where we can have a whinge about the cold gale force wind that blows down the ground, the crap beer and rubbish amenities.!!

According to https://covidlive.com.au/ no community transmissions in Vic for the past 3 days. In any case, we are in a position to handle them (we only have 9 people in hospital w Covid.....9) The restrictions are destined to reduce and are likely to do so relatively quickly. I don't think the restrictions per se are what will deny local leagues getting started. Footy will be most likely to get going in comps that are financially secure and don't have the financial worries of a Northern League..there is not an argument around health concerns, even less so if there is no spike following the protests of last weekend (if there is a spike, well all bets are definitely off). Perhaps the NFL could have waited for the 22nd like everyone else seems to be and then be able to make such a final decision with more information to justify it......unless of course the $$$$ are in such a way that it is now financially impossible to get the league up. I really do have concerns for next season if the dollars are as scarce as they appear to be. The competition will be looking very different in 12 months time I think.

At least we can see some NAB league footy and VFL footy this season, albeit greatly reduced. The AFL pledge to get those seasons going are an important aspect of the game and the boys in the NAB League will at least get some chance to push a claim for a draft spot, however scarce they may be this year. Anyone needing a fix might be able to get one there...it will be September and they might have a game or two at Preston so it will be just like every other year in September where we can have a whinge about the cold gale force wind that blows down the ground, the crap beer and rubbish amenities.!!
[/You seem to have information on the financial position of the NFNL. Could you please supply more detail ?

You seem to have information on the financial position of the NFNL ( implying its not that good ). Could you please provide more detail ?
No....just reading the tea leaves

Yeh going to play 9 games. Made a deal with both clubs to go back to Bundoora!
Regardless of what’s gone I’m just shows I was right months ago hes all about $$$$$$$$ and don’t be surprised if he does not go back to bundoora . Anyway league will be having a good hard think about their decision. Good luck to all clubs .

Regardless of what’s gone I’m just shows I was right months ago hes all about $$$$$$$$ and don’t be surprised if he does not go back to bundoora . Anyway league will be having a good hard think about their decision. Good luck to all clubs .
How were you right? He’s been offered a hell of a lot more money to leave Bundoora on numerous occasions and stayed and has been there 10+ years

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back