NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said many Clubs have hotel sponsorships and find them invaluable. Do not read anything I said that I personally wish ill on NP. I feel you guys have done a great job and if pokies is the way to go then great. I would love my Club to have access to them, geez would love them in my clubrooms who wouldn't but it is a fine line (or maybe not) drawing a hotel sponsorship that generates money many ways to pokie ownership. Getting sponsorship dollars is hard and having beauracrates with an agenda and no knowledge of what local Clubs can do for the local community is frustrating I would imagine.

I just know the way ahead that the 'Green' world is leaning. That being absolute control of things like pokies and gambling as people do not have a mind of their own. I do hope you guys can sort it out.
Thanks Denny
I have no doubt we will sort it out. We just would prefer to have spent the hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars on something more enjoyable and rewarding...

I think the only issue is with Council help isn’t it?

If you are having pokies as a revenue raiser, you then cant turn around and ask for new rooms or lights or anything that is funded by the council?

I may be wrong

I think the only issue is with Council help isn’t it?

If you are having pokies as a revenue raiser, you then cant turn around and ask for new rooms or lights or anything that is funded by the council?

I may be wrong
No it’s a complete withdraw from the council to allow NP to use any council facility. Darebin Falcons would become soul winter tenant of Bill Lawry Oval.

No it’s a complete withdraw from the council to allow NP to use any council facility. Darebin Falcons would become soul winter tenant of Bill Lawry Oval.
Wow ok, that’s a bit harsh!

How hard would that hit Northcote financially? I know they don’t have many supporters. Would be said to see them go backyards badly

Wow ok, that’s a bit harsh!

How hard would that hit Northcote financially? I know they don’t have many supporters. Would be said to see them go backyards badly
Terribly bad but I’d say they’d need to lift their sponsors game. Plenty of local business in Northcote?

maybe the venue could sponsor them like any pub? How do you directly attribute pokies money?

Terribly bad but I’d say they’d need to lift their sponsors game. Plenty of local business in Northcote?

maybe the venue could sponsor them like any pub? How do you directly attribute pokies money?
Your probably right. Maybe they have just relied on them for too long!

Hard to generate big sponsors when you have never really needed them and after a year skit if small businesses have had.

Gona be hard to get out of this big whole they are in on and off the field

Banyule beat Bundoora by a goal or 2.
Bundoora has heaps out. Not sure why they play a decent side last week and then kids this week?
Avoid injuries I presume. Speaking to someone there most of them are good to go round 1

Speaking to a source at Balwyn who has watched both practice matches and he said the difference between Greensborough and Macleod was almost divisional standard gap. Not sure if that makes Greensborough look in tip top shape or Macleod look poor, however Good signs for Greensborough if this is the evaluation based on a side wanting redemption. Believe they played an under 21 side yesterday against MacLeod who looked a lot older and the tigers still managed to get the job done against a seasonal outfit.

Speaking to a source at Balwyn who has watched both practice matches and he said the difference between Greensborough and Macleod was almost divisional standard gap. Not sure if that makes Greensborough look in tip top shape or Macleod look poor, however Good signs for Greensborough if this is the evaluation based on a side wanting redemption. Believe they played an under 21 side yesterday against MacLeod who looked a lot older and the tigers still managed to get the job done against a seasonal outfit.
They filled a 19s (who best Macleod by 100 points) and an under 21s side who beat a division 1 side? Surely can’t be right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by Nth Heidelberg Facebook page they won against Doutta Stars. By about 7 goals it said, but dont quote me on that because it is never accurate lol.
Think Strathmore beat West Preston by a point. Very.low scoring.

I wouldn’t read into practice matches too much, actually they mean nothing

Actually have read all the related documents. So I’ll explain it to you...
NP have been running a completely legal business for almost 25 years. 3 years ago a local council led by politicians with their own political aspirations and biased positions (Mayor Rennie, at the time was chair of the anti gambling legislation) decided to make an example of Northcote Park who had defeated them at VCAT for moving some of their gaming machines into Darebin and so concocted the Darebin Gaming Policy. The club is now being forced to sell their venue or vacate the ground.
So when you say breaking council by laws please understand they have never done so.
Consider if the club were to sell the machines, the venue would role on as it previously had before. There would be no change to the gaming effects at local area. Additio the venue is in the City of Moreland, Darebin Council are really overstepping here.
You must also consider if this stand over and bullying tactic is successful it will put pressure on all local councils to follow suit. This will have an enormous impact on a huge amount of sporting clubs across the state.
Remember these clubs are not for profit organizations.
Darebin Council recently closed the almost 100 year old Faircote Bowls club due to their link with gaming, are trying to take away the local 9 hole golf course and now the Cougars.
The greens are definitely anti sport and it’s not right.

Tough call for those in charge, financial viability (I'm sure there'll be continued calls for the club to relinquish the machines) or find a new home. Disappointing that people that ultimately call for these moves would have no idea what a local sporting club provides for the community, both participants and supporters. Not doing anything illegal and pay your rates. Surely that means "play on".

Tough call for those in charge, financial viability (I'm sure there'll be continued calls for the club to relinquish the machines) or find a new home. Disappointing that people that ultimately call for these moves would have no idea what a local sporting club provides for the community, both participants and supporters. Not doing anything illegal and pay your rates. Surely that means "play on".
How can you say a clubs directly got pokies money compared to Panther for example being sponsored by the Harp!? Surely they can restructure the sponsorship

10-12 of their best 18. Really? Can you name them? Excluding VFL aligned players I could only name Marshall, Thomas, Collins and Shepherd that would be automatic selections. Then maybe Evans and Proctor.
The 6 you just said all start

Then include Keating, Burns, Davies,
Lloyd only played 1 quarter (not sure why)

Then you do have VFL players Younan, Sturgess, Young

I may be missing a couple. But a decent list not to be playing

Anyway we will see where they are at round 1. Although I think a few that didn’t play , won’t be playing then either

Seen Sam Lloyd has put in for a clearance out of Bundoora! Is it for a one off game in the Murray league or is he moving on already?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back