NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100%. I don't see the point in just playing a Grand Final in front of no crowds and can't go back to your club to celebrate

Local footy is not just about playing the game. But a massive part is letting your supporters and family and friends go and watch. Go back to the rooms and celebrate or drown your sorrows with them. Playing a granny then going home after it is just ridiculous. What do players get out of that? Great they win and then what? Go home and sit on teh couch.

Sorry that's not local footy or any sport for that matter

If it is no crowds surely grand finals are not on.Impossible to police.

That's all she wrote.

Feel sorry for WPL, they've had 2 seasons in their prime cut off and could have really given the famous Heidelberg team a run for their money with a stretch of consecutive flags.

Was great to have local footy back in stages this year, really hope we can go back to normal next year. Let the silly season beign!

That's all she wrote.

Feel sorry for WPL, they've had 2 seasons in their prime cut off and could have really given the famous Heidelberg team a run for their money with a stretch of consecutive flags.

Was great to have local footy back in stages this year, really hope we can go back to normal next year. Let the silly season beign!

Eddie Betts to WPL I have heard.

If so, I am throwing his badge in the bin :)

Eddie Betts to WPL I have heard.

If so, I am throwing his badge in the bin :)
Big get if true. But if it is, it could be at the expense of some quality. I know all players were told to take a big pay cut to keep them right on the salary cap. You bring him in, then something has to give. Cant see them all taking more of a cut

Fingers crossed this happens. Exactly what the league needs.

Certainly falling behind other local leagues when it comes to recruiting high profile ex-AFL players.

Come on Heidelberg, wind back the clock and gets some bums on seats next year.

Agree, how good would it be to see Eddie running around.

Personally I hate the salary cap. Easily exploited and could be costing us getting AFL players like you say (at a guess, I have no evidence of this) . Points system is all we need IMO.

That's all she wrote.

If no GF is possible, surely WPL would be awarded the premiership based on being the minor premiers.

We need some sort of result and closure for 2021. Especially on the back of no result last year.

Probably not the way they would want to win it, but still reward and acknowledgement for their season.

Last edited:
If no GF is possible, surely WPL would be awarded the premiership based on being dominant minor premiers.

We need some sort of result and closure for 2021. Especially on the back of no result last year.

Probably not the way they would want to win it, but still reward and acknowledgement for their season.

That’s ridiculous

Ridiculous? Common sense.

You can’t get that far through a season and not have a result.

When you play a game that is called off after half time (for whatever reason) you get a result don’t you? The team in front is awarded the game. Same principle?

Doesn’t pass the pub test mate.
I’d be shocked if many people agree with you on this

Doesn’t pass the pub test mate.
I’d be shocked if many people agree with you on this
Agree to disagree on that. It’s not perfect, it’s not ideal, but either is Covid. They’ve made other big calls like relegation and changing the finals system, so this is another one based on the crazy world we live in.

They are doing the right thing to try and play finals, but if we get to a point where it’s just not possible, then that’s the last resort and right call in my mind. Have a result one way or the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If no GF is possible, surely WPL would be awarded the premiership based on being the minor premiers.

Great idea, and maybe the NFNL recoup some cash by auctioning the league medal.

Ridiculous? Common sense.

You can’t get that far through a season and not have a result.

When you play a game that is called off after half time (for whatever reason) you get a result don’t you? The team in front is awarded the game. Same principle?
Agree to disagree on that. It’s not perfect, it’s not ideal, but either is Covid. They’ve made other big calls like relegation and changing the finals system, so this is another one based on the crazy world we live in.

They are doing the right thing to try and play finals, but if we get to a point where it’s just not possible, then that’s the last resort and right call in my mind. Have a result one way or the other.
Did you back WPL on Sportsbet mate? Fair suck of the sauce bottle

The blokes spent anyway if he came back he wouldn’t be anywhere near his best had far to many operations on his body over the years for him to cause any divi one side great concern
Was in the best players in his AFL last game today at age 30
Clearly not up to NFNL standard eh 👍😂

Not whilst Draconian Dan is calling the shots. Unless we get to at least 70% vaccination, we ain't going nowhere. We are only at 31% at the moment, growing by less than 1% per day. No chance of achieving that until November. Forget it, the season is done
Agree, but with most now taking Pz, this will see everyone Vaxxed today re vaxxed in 3 weeks. Too late for footy, total %ages will skyrocket in coming months.🤞🤞

Another 80 cases today, the league should just come out and declare the season done.
Tear up that roadmap, we are done.

Of the 888 confirmed coronavirus cases in Victoria between June 1 and August 23, 37 per cent were aged under 20 – including 132 cases among those aged 0-9 and another 152 cases for those aged 10-19
With a further 164 cases detected among Victorians in their 20s, a whopping 58 per cent of the state’s recent cases have been under 30

And that’s why community sport won’t go ahead.

1629936427254.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back