NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if they are, hence the question. They lost to WPL red 1 and the two Heidelberg games where they were not really in any of those contests. I would like to see them a little more competitive against the best myself. I don’t think they have really hit their straps in any game this season, maybe WPL second time around. They have another level at least, it will be good if they can find it over the remaining home and away games.
Will beat the burgers, when it matters.

Time will tell I guess. Personally I don't think they're playing anywhere near their best. Still 5-6 blokes in their best 22 to come back in I think they'll be primed come September.

Time will tell I guess. Personally I don't think they're playing anywhere near their best. Still 5-6 blokes in their best 22 to come back in I think they'll be primed come September.

Maybe 5-6 of their best but unfortunately will never be able to field their best team - too many points

interesting that its announced the same day as a VAFA club gets found to have breached points all year.

Fair play to Heidelberg. Only playing within rules. Opens up points for them to use next year

interesting that its announced the same day as a VAFA club gets found to have breached points all year.

Fair play to Heidelberg. Only playing within rules. Opens up points for them to use next year
Is this actually true?

If there isn’t a current MOU in place then what relevance does an old agreement have now?

Regardless why would Banyule ever have a deal with Heidelberg for them to pinch their players?

I guess we will see once Sier is selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final preview this week IMO. I think anything other than a Mont/Heidelberg decider is highly unlikely, which brings me to the elephant in the room; the dreaded top spot. History says you probably won't win it if you finish on top (unless you drop the 2nd semi like the Tigers did in 2016). I'd be pretty happy as a Heidelberg supporter to drop this week and let the Magpies finish on top. Don't think Heidelberg will be too phased if they finish second and take on Bundoora in week 1, Tigers have them well and truly covered. Make no mistake, finishing on top and playing 2 games in a month is an absolute curse and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Very interesting times ahead. My prediction: The loser of this week's game (Mont/Heid) are in the box seat. Could this be the year the drought is broken or will it be #20 for the mighty HFC?
When has Heidelberg and Heidelberg Juniours been the same club?
Heidelberg left DVFL for those seasons 1928 and 1929, why is Heidelberg claiming these flags?

So why did Heid win the 1923 flag, then change their name to Heid juniors , then revert back to win 1937 flag
what other comp did Heid move to in those years?
Heidelberg has been around since 1876

Copied from Wikipedia

Heidelberg's dominance of the DVFL led to the club moving temporarily to VFL Sub-Districts League in 1925 whilst still successfully fielding a second team in the DVFL (known as Heidelberg Juniors at the time). The club returned exclusively to the DVFL in 1930

Heidelberg has been around since 1876

Copied from Wikipedia

Heidelberg's dominance of the DVFL led to the club moving temporarily to VFL Sub-Districts League in 1925 whilst still successfully fielding a second team in the DVFL (known as Heidelberg Juniors at the time). The club returned exclusively to the DVFL in 1930
Mmmm dominance??
1922 to 1925 , Heid and Creek won 1 flag each, and Boro 2
hardly dominance !!
so which team was Heid , the one you moved to VFL sub or DVFL?
or an each way bet?
think you might be 17 , and Heid Jnr 2

Mmmm dominance??
1922 to 1925 , Heid and Creek won 1 flag each, and Boro 2
hardly dominance !!
so which team was Heid , the one you moved to VFL sub or DVFL?
or an each way bet?
think you might be 17 , and Heid Jnr 2

I think you’re clutching at straws. The DVFL officially awarded those Premierships to Heidelberg many years ago after a pretty thorough investigation. Anyway, even if you did take those two off we would still have twice as many as anyone else (apart from the Slime).

Whoever did the voting yesterday at North VS NP must have money on Jessie Tardio finishing in the top 2 in the B&F. He had 5 kicks in the first quarter with 4 if them turn overs. During the first quarter he played the first 24 minutes solid in the middle before having a rest. Got absolutely schooled by number 17 from NP for 4 quarters. Didn't like the close checking.

Got 8 coaches votes this week so could not have been as bad as you say.

Is this actually true?

If there isn’t a current MOU in place then what relevance does an old agreement have now?

Regardless why would Banyule ever have a deal with Heidelberg for them to pinch their players?

I guess we will see once Sier is selected.

Fishing seems to have caught a few today

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back