NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

They had a WAFL club try that trick a couple of years ago in the Reserves. I think it was Peel Thunder trying to do that with a Dockers senior player who was coming back from injury (might have been Harley Bennell). IIRC he was sitting in the stands with a cast or had a sling around his neck.

They changed the rule the next week to say that the player must be at the ground in full playing gear to be recorded as playing a game.

Also, the Omeo league had a case a couple of years ago when a guy was in Bali and put on the team sheet late in the season which gave him enough games to qualify and the other clubs kicked up a stink. The league decided that he wasn't at the ground so he became ineligible to play finals.

They had a WAFL club try that trick a couple of years ago in the Reserves. I think it was Peel Thunder trying to do that with a Dockers senior player who was coming back from injury (might have been Harley Bennell). IIRC he was sitting in the stands with a cast or had a sling around his neck.

They changed the rule the next week to say that the player must be at the ground in full playing gear to be recorded as playing a game.

Also, the Omeo league had a case a couple of years ago when a guy was in Bali and put on the team sheet late in the season which gave him enough games to qualify and the other clubs kicked up a stink. The league decided that he wasn't at the ground so he became ineligible to play finals.
Its a hard one to police. You can't have officials at every reserves game to make sure every player is there. So unless they get caught out or the rules change, it will continue to happen.

Stagers me how clubs can still put VFL players down on the reserves team sheet, so they qualify for finals.

Not sure how you fix the problem though.

Maybe if you have played a certain amount of VFL games that year, you actually have to play 3 senior games at your affiliated club. Not just named on the reserves sheet
It’s pretty easy. Have reserves games not count for VFL listed players.

There is no reason a VFL listed player would be named legitimately in the reserves. The whole thing is a farce and has been exploited by so many sides along the way.

Not a king hit but what a stupid rush of blood. Was he carded and offered weeks? It is a wack to the face. Surprised he got 4 but does he have priors in other comps?
Gotta disagree with you here Denny, the WP player has his back turned and is hit from behind.
I class that as a king hit and there was no need for it, there was nothing leading up to the round arm either.
If his record is as bad as is being suggested on here, I think he's copped his right whack.

Gotta disagree with you here Denny, the WP player has his back turned and is hit from behind.
I class that as a king hit and there was no need for it, there was nothing leading up to the round arm either.
If his record is as bad as is being suggested on here, I think he's copped his right whack.
I believe he has had 1 week prior. No poor record at all.

Tips for tomorrow
Bundoora have been playing some good footy while Monty have been up and down for the last few weeks. Without Wale-Buxton, Bundoora now look to have the end with Howard and Shepheard both playing. Bundoora by 21 points

West Preston have found some form and last weeks away win over Monty was full of merit. Greensborough won their pre-elimination final last week over Macleod. They get Tynan Smith back from VFL as well as Caddy back from suspension. Hard one to pick, but will go with the Roosters by 4 points

NFL got their wish...too expensive to go 2 days ...
There was a pretty good crowd, was a stop start game I thought, Bundoora took control early, Sheppherd very good, Jorgensen good up forward, then in the 3rd w Bundy up by nearly 40 Monty kicked 5 in a row and I think they may have got 6 of the last 7 goals..

Umpires too many frees blowed, and really killed 5he flow of the game with very iffy calls that could be let call, didn’t favour either, they just got in the way of a good game.

Mont had Lentini, Fitzgerald and Dalgleish were good, Fitzgerald pulled the back into it. Bundy will be happy with Davies and Sturgess down back, they held the fort really well.

Was a rip ping mark on the far wing in t he fourth, I think it was Jordan Steele but don’t quote me on it, he fell really awkwardly and it was amazing he got back up so quick.

There was a pretty good crowd, was a stop start game I thought, Bundoora took control early, Sheppherd very good, Jorgensen good up forward, then in the 3rd w Bundy up by nearly 40 Monty kicked 5 in a row and I think they may have got 6 of the last 7 goals..

Umpires too many frees blowed, and really killed 5he flow of the game with very iffy calls that could be let call, didn’t favour either, they just got in the way of a good game.

Mont had Lentini, Fitzgerald and Dalgleish were good, Fitzgerald pulled the back into it. Bundy will be happy with Davies and Sturgess down back, they held the fort really well.

Was a rip ping mark on the far wing in t he fourth, I think it was Jordan Steele but don’t quote me on it, he fell really awkwardly and it was amazing he got back up so quick.
Can't see either of those teams worrying Heidelberg if they dish that up. Yes Grand Finals can throw up funny results. But they would have to improve a hell of alot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West looked very very sharp today. Controlled the game start to finish.

Totally outclassed Boro. Anyone there would be thinking history could repeat.
We left half way through the last but WP were in total control and looked very good - I thought Saad going down would be the end of them but they are not a one man team at all!!
The slime must be very happy paying Caddy $3K per week LOL

We left half way through the last but WP were in total control and looked very good - I thought Saad going down would be the end of them but they are not a one man team at all!!
Nup certainly not a one man team. Their skills were fantastic and controlled the air.

Caddy was a complete bust, no doubt about it

once again ill informed rubbish on this site about Caddy ... where do you get this information??
It is laughable and makes you look like a clown. He has relations at the club . Not money like other clubs pay

Why arent there questions about the 3 WP players who were put on reserves teamsheets that played today ???
First time at the club today

Is this why WP are so good that they do routing the system ??

stupid comment with no background
Heidelberg need to worry about paying their 19s
Heard league will investigate

stupid comment with no background
Heidelberg need to worry about paying their 19s
Heard league will investigate
Nothing will happen to Heidelberg they have the NFNL in their hands. They played over qualified players years ago in the 19s and when the NFNL were notified they said nothing to see here.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back