NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I spoke to my Physio friend and said it’s been unbelievable the amount of people they have coming in. Obviously a year off has had a large effect

what kind of injuries are most players getting? is it more the tweaks of hammys, groins, calf’s etc?

i feel a lot of the older blokes would be feeling pretty tender at the moment with the cold weather and having a year off!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct the boys love having Mario around and has been great for the club. Don't know why he is continually questioned by people who don't know what is going on in the club. Hopefully a few injuries back this week but still a number of long term & season ending injuries that are hampering a bit of consistency
I continue to read about the Thomastown coach - he is this and that - 95% negative about him

I decided to go and watch thegame on the weekend - I thought he was brilliant -articulate- inspiring and motivating-

not certain what the issue is with this guy and what he gets so much hate

I continue to read about the Thomastown coach - he is this and that - 95% negative about him

I decided to go and watch thegame on the weekend - I thought he was brilliant -articulate- inspiring and motivating-

People on here are either perfect or have agendas. Its the usual suspects as well. Gotta love bigfooty.

Ask your self what kind of person gets 12 weeks for abusing a girl during a under 14s junior game. Now if he is willing to lose control of his behaviour in that scenario then imagine what would happen in a senior environment with full grown men.

Maybe he has worked on his issues and if so fantastic.

Ask your self what kind of person gets 12 weeks for abusing a girl during a under 14s junior game. Now if he is willing to lose control of his behaviour in that scenario then imagine what would happen in a senior environment with full grown men.

All that aside would he be Panthers most successful coach this millennium?

I dont condone abuse at all.

But never seen a parent yell out crap over the fence? I bet my life if it wasn't him it never would have got the attention it got. In fact I know of 3 clubs who had parents abusing other junior players already this season, I was at one of the games myself. Where is it on Bigfooty? Move on champ.

But never seen a parent yell out crap over the fence? I bet my life if it wasn't him it never would have got the attention it got. In fact I know of 3 clubs who had parents abusing other junior players already this season, I was at one of the games myself. Where is it on Bigfooty? Move on champ.
You may not be condoning it, but you are trying to deflect from it.

The question was "why does he get so much hate" and a perfectly valid reason was given (being suspended for abusing a junior female player)

The fact that other parents do it is completely irrelevant.

Games to be cancelled rather than postponed.

The draw again becomes compromised. If it’s more than one week of games being cancelled it’s understandable, however right now with it only being one week the games should absolutely be made up especially considering theres a bye.

This weeks games would’ve had a large bearing on the competitions make up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Games to be cancelled rather than postponed.

The draw again becomes compromised. If it’s more than one week of games being cancelled it’s understandable, however right now with it only being one week the games should absolutely be made up especially considering theres a bye.

This weeks games would’ve had a large bearing on the competitions make up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would have to be two rounds given that training cannot commence again until next Friday at the earliest - Two rounds cancelled means no points for the next 2 rounds

Nice in theory but if players can only train together from next Friday how could you hold games the next day??
Nothing stopping players from training in pairs, no one is being forced to sit on their ass. Physios are still open for treatment etc. All clubs would have whatsapps and facebook groups for communicating programs and the like. No reason games can't be played next weekend if we are out of lockdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing stopping players from training in pairs, no one is being forced to sit on their ass. Physios are still open for treatment etc. All clubs would have whatsapps and facebook groups for communicating programs and the like. No reason games can't be played next weekend if we are out of lockdown.
I hope you are right but very much doubt it

Absolutely games can be played and they should be. Players will have had 1 week off no reason they can’t play the next week if all goes well.

Round 8 cancelled games
Watsonia vs St Marys
Banyule vs Thomastown
Diamond Creek vs Panton Hill
Eltham vs Lower Plenty
Fitzroy Stars vs Epping

So who are the big winners and who are the big losers with games being cancelled and not rescheduled.

I think Eltham and Thomo would be happy, on form they would both be up against it against Lower and Banyule respectively.

Feel for Diamo and St Marys who would have been strong favourites in their respective games.

Also the Stars would have fancied their chances against Epping to get in the board and look to avoid relegation.

Let’s hope it’s just the week of local footy that we miss. Stay safe everyone.

You may not be condoning it, but you are trying to deflect from it.

The question was "why does he get so much hate" and a perfectly valid reason was given (being suspended for abusing a junior female player)

The fact that other parents do it is completely irrelevant.
But that isn't the truth if you are connected to Eltham and we all know that. I will use your word 'deflect' and that is exactly what happens when the 'junior abuse' reason is used.

Each to their own and yes he is their most successful coach in recent memory. Let's not deflect from that.

But that isn't the truth if you are connected to Eltham and we all know that. I will use your word 'deflect' and that is exactly what happens when the 'junior abuse' reason is used.

Each to their own and yes he is their most successful coach in recent memory. Let's not deflect from that.
Sorry I don't quite get the bolded section - the truth is he was suspended for 12 games for abusing a female U14s player and umpire....? Is not not correct?

Look, I'll be honest I don't get the obsession with people continually potting him on here, but I think it's reasonable for people to have formed a less than favorable view of the bloke based on that incident. I'm not an Eltham person btw. Not from any NFNL club, in fact.

Your last statement is quite true, though, took them to a Div 1 Prelim if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry I don't quite get the bolded section - the truth is he was suspended for 12 games for abusing a female U14s player and umpire....? Is not not correct?

Look, I'll be honest I don't get the obsession with people continually potting him on here, but I think it's reasonable for people to have formed a less than favorable view of the bloke based on that incident. I'm not an Eltham person btw. Not from any NFNL club, in fact.

Your last statement is quite true, though, took them to a Div 1 Prelim if I'm not mistaken.
Fair enough and agree on all points and yes my statement was made in regards to some being Eltham followers, as a lot on here that have the obsession are obviously from there. And the junior thing gets thrown around to validate their argument instead of looking around their own backyard and cleaning the mess that lingers.

But I'm also of the belief that people make mistakes and shouldn't be hung for them time and time again.

As you said it's an obsession by some, oh well. Let's move on.

I agree with you 👀👂. Plenty instances of abuse particularly at junior level.

Abuse by a coach toward a player is different to what comes over the fence. Doesn’t matter if it’s a male, a female, or the drovers dog - it’s unacceptable. Coaches should not be abusing players, particularly children.
Now I don’t know this coach, and it seems like a long time ago, so if he has changed his ways since then all credit to him.
If he hasn’t it will happen again and they should throw the book at him.
But for now be deserves a fair go.

Last edited:

Are those parents coaching d2/D1 sides? Would you ever abuse a small child in their first year of female football? Sorry but it takes someone not quite right to do this.

There was an array of stories I heard from people at Eltham and Powelltown (where he lasted 6 games from memory) I won’t go into them...

From NFNL website -

NFNL Statement – May 28-30 Matches Cancelled
Published on Thursday, May 27, 2021

Following the State Government’s announcement that Victoria will enter a seven-day lockdown, all NFNL football and netball matches fixtured for the weekend of May 28-30 have been cancelled.
This is extremely disappointing but as you all understand, the matter is out of our hands.
As we informed all clubs at the beginning of the season, if we were required to cancel any matches during the season, we would not be rescheduling those games.
This is still the case and therefore no matches fixtured for the weekend of May 28-30 will be rescheduled.
As disappointing as this is, I anticipate there will still be a lot of football and netball played this year and we have so much to look forward to in season 2021.
I encourage everyone to comply with the COVID restrictions currently in place and hopefully we can get back onto the football field and netball court next weekend.
I will keep you all updated as more information comes to hand.
Peter McDougall
Chief Executive Officer

Are those parents coaching d2/D1 sides? Would you ever abuse a small child in their first year of female football? Sorry but it takes someone not quite right to do this.

There was an array of stories I heard from people at Eltham and Powelltown (where he lasted 6 games from memory) I won’t go into them...
Love your choice of words. What If that same small female child was punching your small female child....how many parents would sit there and watch? We all have stories, but usually it's human nature to air the ones that suit our agenda.

Not acceptable either way, that we both agree on.

You've hammered bandera on almost every league forum he's joined. Give it a rest. I'm over this conversation.

Peter McDougall was on Whateley today to talk about the abuse of the young female umpire.

Not a great look for the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back