NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to see games back this weekend. Given the games are most likely going ahead without crowds, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a massive influx of "dog walkers" and people "running" around a few of the grounds around 2.10pm on Saturday
Why, just got and watch. Your allowed to gather in a public park.

Absolutely moronic for them to expect clubs to police this.

Why, just got and watch. Your allowed to gather in a public park.

Absolutely moronic for them to expect clubs to police this.
I have no idea what the league expects, I'm just mentioning what will most likely happen. I'm all for the crowds, the clubs need it

So we are back at the footy, we’ll sort of so let’s have a look at this weeks games.

Watsonia (8th) vs Panton Hill (7th). As mentioned in an earlier post I put up Panton Hill have used 40 players this years and have made 6 changes so hopefully getting players back from injury. Watsy though only having the one win would be very confident going into this game, get the win and move another step away from relegation. Panton Hill could nearly secure their spot in Div 2 in 2022 with a win so this is a big game for both clubs. At Watsy, just by 4 points

Epping (9th) vs Lower Plenty (2nd). Epping have had a difficult year with only the one win and it doesn’t get much easier facing one of the premiership favourites Lower Plenty this week. The Lower Bears will look to consolidate their place in the top 2 and will be too strong. Lower by 53 points.

Match of the round sees Thomastown (5th 134.80) take on Diamond Creek (4th). Massive game for both clubs, especially Thomo who have played the extra game. Todd Hughes comes in for the bears which strengthens their line up. The demons though have taken all before them so far this season. I think the demons will get up and help in their push for a top 3 position and that all important double chance. Demons by 13 points.

Fitzroy Stars (10th) take on Eltham (4th 157.94%). It’s been a difficult 2021 for the stars without a win so far and it doesn’t get any easier against the Panthers this week. Both teams have made multiple changes and Eltham will look to increase their percentage which could have a big bearing come finals time. Eltham by 78 points.

St Mary’s (6th 117.44) take on Banyule (1st). St Mary’s have the massive task of trying to topple the undefeated Banyule Bears. The burra do get Guldon and Petroro back into the line up while Banyule get Loton back.
Can the burra spring the upset, if they can they could find themselves a game clear in the 5 if Thomastown or Eltham happen to lose. All to play for but Banyule just too strong across the board. Banyule by 24 points.

Let’s hope we are back watching footy next week. Good luck to all 23rd players who have been selected for this weeks round of matches.

They had u/17 kids play in there seniors?
Either must be very good juniors or just shows where the Turtles are at!
Funny, Bundoora, Epping, Thomastown and Old Eltham all played under 17s in their seniors yesterday 3/4 the sides won, Bundoora knocking off the ladder leader none the less.

Good call 👍

Huge fortnight of football coming up.

Panther V Thomastown
Panther v Diamond Creek
Thomastown v Lower

Going to really set up the double chance I think. Must wins for Panther

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a few missing from Lower unfortunately. I was disappointed to see a few get involved. Doesn't look good considering all the work that happens off field with this kind of stuff.

Not unfortunate at all. It’s shocking that they preach against the one punch kill and support the Patrick Cronin Foundation yet on the field they are the biggest snipers going around.

Apparently Lower had a reserves player spend the night in hospital due to a hit off the ball, I’d say tensions were high.

Agreed, that’s number one rule in AFL don’t enter the field in a fight.
Stating the obvious - A number of Lower blokes will miss weeks looking
Agreed, that’s number one rule in AFL don’t enter the field in a fight.
And only the one yellow card issued for all that LOL Its on facebook now so i guess it will the NFL's attention - Number 5 from Lower in big trouble coming on the ground to make it 19 players on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back