NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea but probably Williamson and woods given their age
Woods is like 30 and playing well from all reports. Can’t see him retiring

Have also heard this recently. Would be some very happy opposition sides if this was the case. Even at 33/34 still probably the best player in Div 2.
Also heard the full back not going on and possibly a couple of there other top line players considering options.
Hopefully for Eltham’s sake they have some replacements lined up.

Elsewhere, looks like Patty Flynn back to Lower mail was incorrect
Eltham could lose 15 senior players and still be able to field 3 sides comfortably.

They have had some loyal servants but these blokes won’t get them and keep them in d1. Really need a new group to replace a lot of them.

Woods is like 30 and playing well from all reports. Can’t see him retiring

Eltham could lose 15 senior players and still be able to field 3 sides comfortably.

They have had some loyal servants but these blokes won’t get them and keep them in d1. Really need a new group to replace a lot of them.
Seems to be a lot of Eltham players moving on - Maybe they realise that they have to many players 30+ - Maybe asking too much money for their twighlight years???

Seems to be a lot of Eltham players moving on - Maybe they realise that they have to many players 30+ - Maybe asking too much money for their twighlight years???
How many are actually over 30?
Macaffer Williamson Weatherald and Still? Woods maybe turning 30 next year? Don’t think they actually have that many do they? And of those that are, they’re still guns in my opinion.

Macaffer leading the league BnF until he missed the last 3 games. He and Weatherald both team of the year players and Michael Still is one of the best fwds in the league just about. So I don’t think just because you are “30” you’re done as a player.
But I do agree they need this next group to improve and step up as the usual suspects haven’t gotten it done for whatever reason, and they seem to have had Banyule, Lower and Thomastown all go past them this season.

How many are actually over 30?
Macaffer Williamson Weatherald and Still? Woods maybe turning 30 next year? Don’t think they actually have that many do they? And of those that are, they’re still guns in my opinion.

Macaffer leading the league BnF until he missed the last 3 games. He and Weatherald both team of the year players and Michael Still is one of the best fwds in the league just about. So I don’t think just because you are “30” you’re done as a player.
But I do agree they need this next group to improve and step up as the usual suspects haven’t gotten it done for whatever reason, and they seem to have had Banyule, Lower and Thomastown all go past them this season.
Merkel, Keys, O’Sullivan, McLindin, Currie, Tagleri would all have to be over or close I’d imagine.

Merkel, Keys, O’Sullivan, McLindin, Currie, Tagleri would all have to be over or close I’d imagine.
Ok so there is a few more then I thought. These guys all still very good players from when I’ve watched Eltham, particularly Currie and Taglieri. I think with this group the problem isn’t there talent it’s more them staying on the park. Having a look at games played this season and seasons gone by, seems these guys miss a fair few.
The previous guys we spoke about in Macaffer Woods Weatherald Still Williamson, they don’t seem to miss many at all, if any, apart from Still.

maybe this is Eltham’s problem with to many senior guys missing games with injury?? Don’t know how you fix this though. Has to be on the individuals preparation??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no? The poster just asked who would be over 30 and I named them.

It was just your previous post alluded to Eltham needing a new crop to get them to Division 1. I'm not sure that is the case.

Haven't finished lower than 3rd since coming down to division 2. Were beaten in the craziest of circumstances in the 2018 GF, then in 2019 ran into a red hot Whittlesea in a prelim. last two seasons obviously cooked.

They will be there when the whips are cracking again, and seriously, if we are questioning if Division 2 players are done at 30 years of age there is something seriously wrong.

It was just your previous post alluded to Eltham needing a new crop to get them to Division 1. I'm not sure that is the case.

Haven't finished lower than 3rd since coming down to division 2. Were beaten in the craziest of circumstances in the 2018 GF, then in 2019 ran into a red hot Whittlesea in a prelim. last two seasons obviously cooked.

They will be there when the whips are cracking again, and seriously, if we are questioning if Division 2 players are done at 30 years of age there is something seriously wrong.
I’m not saying there are done at 30, plenty of fantastic 30 year olds running around.

But when 50% of your team is 30 odd and you finish the season 7-5, have gone from a team many expected to be dominate force in D2 to a middle of the road side it’s maybe time to look to the future.

Being there when the “whips are cracking” in D2 is nothing to be proud of when they are most well resourced club in the NFNL.

I’m not saying there are done at 30, plenty of fantastic 30 year olds running around.

But when 50% of your team is 30 odd and you finish the season 7-5, have gone from a team many expected to be dominate force in D2 to a middle of the road side it’s maybe time to look to the future.

Being there when the “whips are cracking” in D2 is nothing to be proud of when they are most well resourced club in the NFNL.

Our last game against Banyule we lost by a goal. 6 players were 30 +. I think we have plenty of youth coming up

As i said, they have never finished a full season below 3rd so they are certainly not a middle of the road team.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to win the flag each year, which Eltham have done in division 2. As we know, anything can happen in finals.

Right now, in my opinion, the top end of division 2 is as good as its ever been, so being there when "whips are cracking" is all you can really aim for.

When your 30+ age group consists of Macaffer, Weatherald, Still, i think you just let them go until they want to stop. Those three would walk into any local team in Melbourne.

As i said, they have never finished a full season below 3rd so they are certainly not a middle of the road team.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to win the flag each year, which Eltham have done in division 2. As we know, anything can happen in finals.

Right now, in my opinion, the top end of division 2 is as good as its ever been, so being there when "whips are cracking" is all you can really aim for.

When your 30+ age group consists of Macaffer, Weatherald, Still, i think you just let them go until they want to stop. Those three would walk into any local team in Melbourne.
. Division 1 clubs would be happy to have any of the previously listed +30s, I sure hope local footy doesn't go down the path of a lot of sports and write off players as soon as they get to 30! Some of the best players I've seen play are 30-35. You can't buy experience at Coles.

. Division 1 clubs would be happy to have any of the previously listed +30s, I sure hope local footy doesn't go down the path of a lot of sports and write off players as soon as they get to 30! Some of the best players I've seen play are 30-35. You can't buy experience at Coles.

Couldnt agree more.

The best I've ever seen in this league, Shane Harvey, has dominated for years and he's 38.

Spot on. Experience is so important and if these guys are still performing well and keen to play then I don’t see why there is an issue with being 30 or 35.
So many examples in this league over the years of players in there 30s dominating - Brent and Shane Harvey, Moorcroft, Dennis, Macaffer etc

Look at any successful team and there is always at least 5-6 top end talent experienced guys

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back