NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get by WATSONIA FC last week getting Josh Boulton and Van Page signed to the club after exiting from Montmorency FC.
Two very talented juniors adding them to the young group is just adding to the depth.

Last edited:
Great get by WATSONIA FC last week getting Josh Boulton and Van Page signed to the club after exiting from Montmorency FC.
Two very talented juniors adding them to the young group is just adding to the depth.

WHAT A WASTE OF A YEAR

In what way is this a waste of a year?
Look at the young crop there building on for the next seasons
a great bunch of genuine guns already 10-20 games into there career all under 21

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry didn't finish it off those boys wasted a year hanging around Mont. I hope Watsy becomes a strong local club. They have a great group of young blokes.
In what way is this a waste of a year?
Look at the young crop there building on for the next seasons
a great bunch of genuine guns already 10-20 games into there career all under 21

Sorry didn't finish it off those boys wasted a year hanging around Mont. I hope Watsy becomes a strong local club. They have a great group of young blokes.

Haha all good, was gonna say mate coming to Watsy will be great for them. They’ll get stronger as a team over next few years with there bodies still maturing. That match on the weekend showed the difference. Eltham were outstanding and there strong bodies and mature bodies proved too much. Excited for there next few years for sure!

Haha all good, was gonna say mate coming to Watsy will be great for them. They’ll get stronger as a team over next few years with there bodies still maturing. That match on the weekend showed the difference. Eltham were outstanding and there strong bodies and mature bodies proved too much. Excited for there next few years for sure!

I had the pleasure of working with both the boys for a couple of years, not only are they great blokes with plenty of talent but bring along their families which are awesome. Will pop down to watch during the year.

I had the pleasure of working with both the boys for a couple of years, not only are they great blokes with plenty of talent but bring along their families which are awesome. Will pop down to watch during the year.
Why have they left mid season? Senior opportunities?

unless he has caused all their injuries then I would say no...
Correct the boys love having Mario around and has been great for the club. Don't know why he is continually questioned by people who don't know what is going on in the club. Hopefully a few injuries back this week but still a number of long term & season ending injuries that are hampering a bit of consistency

Correct the boys love having Mario around and has been great for the club. Don't know why he is continually questioned by people who don't know what is going on in the club. Hopefully a few injuries back this week but still a number of long term & season ending injuries that are hampering a bit of consistency
Probably because the way he has left the last clubs he has been to (Panther, Powelltown, Ivanhoe). His actions during a junior girls game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are Thomastown missing?

Probably because the way he has left the last clubs he has been to (Panther, Powelltown, Ivanhoe). His actions during a junior girls game....
No you are trying to imply that something Mario is doing is affecting the way the club is going. Has nothing to do with anything with what has happened in the past

Panthers going real well since he left. He definitely was 100% at fault by the looks of things.

As someone just said. Always 2 sides.

Your original statement just like many others questioned the coach straight away. Maybe drop your vendetta and people won't question your motives. Do some research and I'm sure you'll find out what's happened at Thomo. I did 3 weeks ago with one phone call.

Panthers going real well since he left. He definitely was 100% at fault by the looks of things.

As someone just said. Always 2 sides.

Your original statement just like many others questioned the coach straight away. Maybe drop your vendetta and people won't question your motives. Do some research and I'm sure you'll find out what's happened at Thomo. I did 3 weeks ago with one phone call.
Agree eyes it’s getting real boring this continual questioning of that coach. From all reports they have a horror run with injuries esp to their top half dozen players. May find it difficult this season now with the personnel issues but I’d hate to meet them during finals. They pushed us a few weeks back with 4 of their best out.

I was told yesterday that every club can have six 20 year olds allowed to play under 19 football this season?
Is this due to COVID and a once off or going to carry into future seasons?

I was told yesterday that every club can have six 20 year olds allowed to play under 19 football this season?
Is this due to COVID and a once off or going to carry into future seasons?

Pretty sure that's the reason, however I( was told that if they are guns and start dominating or are selected in seniors the dispensation will be withdrawn, more to allow those that are just players and missed out on their last year of 19s.

Pretty sure that's the reason, however I( was told that if they are guns and start dominating or are selected in seniors the dispensation will be withdrawn, more to allow those that are just players and missed out on their last year of 19s.
If that is the criteria no clubs will name their 20 year olds in their best players all year LOL

Round 7 and again more great games coming up. Was able to pick 5/5 last week, so let’s see how this week pans out.

Panton Hill(2-4) take on Banyule (6-0). The redbacks would have been disappointed with their 2nd last week against Lower getting out scored 7-1-43 to 0-1-1. It doesn’t get any easier this week against undefeated Banyule who welcome back Dyson and Grabowski, though they have lost Stanton and Martin. Will the redbacks be able to bottle Banyule up on their home ground. I can see a high scoring encounter, Banyule by 62 pts

Match of the round in division 2 sees Diamond Creek (4-2) take on St Mary’s (5-2). Creek battled hard against Banyule last week but a 4 goal to 1 last quarter was their undoing. St Mary’s 2nd half was good keeping the Stars to just 1 goal. Definitely a lot of young talent in both teams and a big opportunity for St Mary’s to arrive in the division. St Mary’s by 10 pts

Epping (1-6) take on Eltham (4-3) Epping were competitive against Thomo last week but a 9 goal to 3 second half was their undoing. This week they face a Panthers team who smashed Watsonia last week The Panthers get Still and Vallance back as well and will enjoy the wide open spaces out at Epping. Eltham too strong by 74 pts

Thomastown (4-3) take on Watsonia (1-5). Thomo would have been happy to get the 4 pts last week but losing Leonardis to what looks like a long term injury is disappointing for them and the league overall. They do get Rizzolio back this week. Watsy were blown away by Eltham in the first quarter last week so will need to start stronger to have any chance. Thomo by 32 pts

Lower Plenty (5–1) take on Fitzroy stars (0-6). Lower just keep being lower, winning games, and are strengthen by Darcy and Billy Barden returning. The stars were competitive for a half last week and have regained Nathan Lovett-Murray. It does make them stronger however Lower have too much class across the ground. Lower by 67 pts.
Enjoy your footy this weekend, and support your team and be nice to umpires.

Round 7 and again more great games coming up. Was able to pick 5/5 last week, so let’s see how this week pans out.

Panton Hill(2-4) take on Banyule (6-0). The redbacks would have been disappointed with their 2nd last week against Lower getting out scored 7-1-43 to 0-1-1. It doesn’t get any easier this week against undefeated Banyule who welcome back Dyson and Grabowski, though they have lost Stanton and Martin. Will the redbacks be able to bottle Banyule up on their home ground. I can see a high scoring encounter, Banyule by 62 pts

Match of the round in division 2 sees Diamond Creek (4-2) take on St Mary’s (5-2). Creek battled hard against Banyule last week but a 4 goal to 1 last quarter was their undoing. St Mary’s 2nd half was good keeping the Stars to just 1 goal. Definitely a lot of young talent in both teams and a big opportunity for St Mary’s to arrive in the division. St Mary’s by 10 pts

Epping (1-6) take on Eltham (4-3) Epping were competitive against Thomo last week but a 9 goal to 3 second half was their undoing. This week they face a Panthers team who smashed Watsonia last week The Panthers get Still and Vallance back as well and will enjoy the wide open spaces out at Epping. Eltham too strong by 74 pts

Thomastown (4-3) take on Watsonia (1-5). Thomo would have been happy to get the 4 pts last week but losing Leonardis to what looks like a long term injury is disappointing for them and the league overall. They do get Rizzolio back this week. Watsy were blown away by Eltham in the first quarter last week so will need to start stronger to have any chance. Thomo by 32 pts

Lower Plenty (5–1) take on Fitzroy stars (0-6). Lower just keep being lower, winning games, and are strengthen by Darcy and Billy Barden returning. The stars were competitive for a half last week and have regained Nathan Lovett-Murray. It does make them stronger however Lower have too much class across the ground. Lower by 67 pts.
Enjoy your footy this weekend, and support your team and be nice to umpires.

Whats Leonardis done? Big loss

Banyule by 60 points
Diamond Creek 20 points
Eltham by 40 points
Thomastown 35 points
Lower 100+

Can someone from Eltham tell me where Billy Glasgow is playing now?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back