NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Watsonia’s Re-Signings all but 5 players have re committed from there best 22.

Potter, Presser, Wheatley and the two
Van Zwienen brothers. If they lose there two top goal kickers in Presser/Wheatley,
There running half back Potter, and
K Van Zwienen who finished top 8 in the league bnf as well as the younger
T Van Zwienen who won the club bnf last year at 18 they could be in serious trouble.
All young guns who can seriously play.

Doesn’t seem like there rumoured to bring anyone over as well from hearing things!

If panton hill can wrap up tom keys they’ve would’ve won the off-season for me and can nearly say they’d be jumping watsonia and st marys for sure in the standings at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking at Watsonia’s Re-Signings all but 5 players have re committed from there best 22.

Potter, Presser, Wheatley and the two
Van Zwienen brothers. If they lose there two top goal kickers in Presser/Wheatley,
There running half back Potter, and
K Van Zwienen who finished top 8 in the league bnf as well as the younger
T Van Zwienen who won the club bnf last year at 18 they could be in serious trouble.
All young guns who can seriously play.

Doesn’t seem like there rumoured to bring anyone over as well from hearing things!

If panton hill can wrap up tom keys they’ve would’ve won the off-season for me and can nearly say they’d be jumping watsonia and st marys for sure in the standings at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wheatley going to div1

DIV 2 clubs smashing it at the moment with new recruits - Diamo & Panton Hill leading the way throwing the cash around
Very few DIV1 player signings announced at the moment is it as simple as the better players are still waiting on VFL club lists before they sign with NFL Div 1 sides?
Diamond creek have signed Keahn jeremaia had a couple years off but heard he was on list at Richmond for 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How will PH go with points?

I hear a few more on the way out of watsy including a gun forward.
Might be a good strategy at PH. I hear they have an U19s up and running for 2023. Getting some experienced players in may help keep some of these kids in future years. The points issue may impact them next year, but they'll have blokes who will drop points this year (Parks etc).

Good on them for having a crack though and cashing in on Lowers issues

Keys and Duckworth are an extra point as transferring to a side that their existing side plays against. Callaway should be 3
Duckworth is a 3 as played a season previously with PH

Keys 4 - Senior plus 1 for playing against previous club.

Callaway is a 4… senior player + 1 point from a premier league (D1 NFNL)

Another 4 pointer for PH

Livingstone 5
Akram 5
Keys 4
Callaway 4
Duckworth 4
Rowe 3

What were points like last year?
Livingstone - 3
Akram - 3
Keys - 4
Callaway- 4
Duckworth - 3
Rowe - 3

Not sure how you go 5 for Livingstone and Akram. They won’t be playing against Fitzroy nor is the top 5 bnf clause still involved.

Livingstone - 3
Akram - 3
Keys - 4
Callaway- 4
Duckworth - 3
Rowe - 3

Not sure how you go 5 for Livingstone and Akram. They won’t be playing against Fitzroy nor is the top 5 bnf clause still involved.
I stand corrected. I thought the bonus point for top 5 best & fairest finish were still active, when did they drop that off? and obviously I didn’t take into consideration the stars drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back