NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone watch the Thommo game? I nearly passed out in shock when I checked the quarter time scores and it was 19-3 Epping way 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Panton Hill had no ball movement at all today. Just held and kicked down the line everytime which the Eltham boys picked off with ease. Surely they would have something besides that as a gameplan. I think they switched it once for the game.

Eltham we’re hard to read on, definitely wasn’t there best game but still won with ease in the second half although i think fitness played a big part of that as panton looked gassed after quarter time.

Not sure how the 4 big man will work with Eltham they give up a lot of fitness and speed with playing the 4 talls. Bongetti didn’t get near it.

Will be interesting to see how they go against the other contenders in coming weeks to have a real gauge at where there at as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pretty spot on.

Eltham will miss McCormick and Owen when not available as they are their best smalls and dangerous down forward.

Probably all bought into the pre season hype for PH who looked unbalanced. The big ground clearly didn’t suit them.

A few stupid incidents, Bongetti lucky the young bloke got up following the strike in the 1st. Did he get a yellow card later as well?

Pretty spot on.

Eltham will miss McCormick and Owen when not available as they are their best smalls and dangerous down forward.

Probably all bought into the pre season hype for PH who looked unbalanced. The big ground clearly didn’t suit them.

A few stupid incidents, Bongetti lucky the young bloke got up following the strike in the 1st. Did he get a yellow card later as well?

Id imagine both will spend a fair bit of time at Eltham given their age.

Wow , dropped by to watch South Morang in an intra club
Very disappointing to see the same bunch of grubs back running things, these guys put the club into serious debt and then starting a massive fight after a grand final loss
Putting the club into disrepute and causing the league to step in and take over for a few years
Blamed others for their mismanagement
All that hard work to get things back on track will go down the drain with this mob
Back to drinking and gambling all the money away
Shame after two premierships to get up to DIV 2
Why would the members let this happen again

Very disappointing to see the same bunch of grubs back running things, these guys put the club into serious debt and then starting a massive fight after a grand final loss
Putting the club into disrepute and causing the league to step in and take over for a few years
All that hard work to get things back on track will go down the drain with this mob
Did you ask a member whilst you were there?

Heard some very odd things about the power struggle at South Morang. Must be nice, most clubs struggle to find anyone to take over 🤣🤣

Off Topic but something a few of us were talking about at the game on Friday - What do people thing about opposition supporters (Full club colours & cap) standing at their oppositions huddle at 1/4 time and 3/4 to have a look and listen to whatever they are there for.
We were saying that if you did that 10 years ago, particularly at certain grounds, you would not get back to the other side of the ground in one piece!! ;);)

Off Topic but something a few of us were talking about at the game on Friday - What do people thing about opposition supporters (Full club colours & cap) standing at their oppositions huddle at 1/4 time and 3/4 to have a look and listen to whatever they are there for.
We were saying that if you did that 10 years ago, particularly at certain grounds, you would not get back to the other side of the ground in one piece!! ;);)
As long as no one is creating a scene or interfering with the team/coach, who cares. What secret moves are they going to make that won’t be detected by the coach or his 8 assistant coaches within minutes.

More the merrier. Makes for an interactive day.

It’s just football, not the UN.

As long as no one is creating a scene or interfering with the team/coach, who cares. What secret moves are they going to make that won’t be detected by the coach or his 8 assistant coaches within minutes.

More the merrier. Makes for an interactive day.

It’s just football, not the UN.
Not fussed either way myself but what are they there to achieve? Secret agents LOL
I would prefer all our supporters to be in our teams huddle supporting their team but each to their own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it’s not a great look. If you’re gunna spy then wear neutral clothing 🤣.

Could just be a supporter interested in hearing another coach. But to each their own

Could just be a supporter interested in hearing another coach. But to each their own
Absolutely nothing a supporter will be able to take from a huddle during one of the breaks and feed back to there coach that will make any difference. Most coaches from the opposition would already know what the other club is trying to do if they are worth the $ they get paid. Added that when the players get back out on the ground there is absolutely nothing the coaches can do to alter their own messaging once the teams are back out there.

If anything it’s likely supporters trying to marry up the way the opposition coach Goes about it and compare to there own.

Some people have mates coaching other sides, so like to have a listen to them

Plenty of Heidelberg people go listen to Haysie when Heid v Macleod

Absolutely nothing a supporter will be able to take from a huddle during one of the breaks and feed back to there coach that will make any difference. Most coaches from the opposition would already know what the other club is trying to do if they are worth the $ they get paid. Added that when the players get back out on the ground there is absolutely nothing the coaches can do to alter their own messaging once the teams are back out there.

If anything it’s likely supporters trying to marry up the way the opposition coach Goes about it and compare to there own.
I agree. Just saying it’s an odd look when you see it. I wouldn’t lose much sleep about it though!

Ventured down to Eltham today and it was a great day - They do it well
The intention was to watch the first half of the game and then get over to see our slime mates but we never got there!
Mainly cause the BBQ and beer was really good but secondly cause we thought that there would be some blood shed in the second half!!
What a wierd game - Panton Hill came out in the first quarter with a strategy to be tough & rough - They targeted the Eltham ruckman in the first quarter when there was 4 or 5 on one bloke but when a hill bloke had to hunt the leather they were not to be seen. Number 8 for Panton Hill was really good at being 3rd or 4th in the tackle for a couple of cheapies every time during the first half and the Eltham bloke was clearly keen to catch up with him so we stayed after half time.
Dont know who coaches Panton Hill but they played a game of bravado that they could not match with football skills - Never gave his team a chance to win and kicking 5 goals for the game - 2 of which Eltham gave away with 50m penalties for undisciplined acts for a whole game is a reflection on whatever game plan that they have
Hopefully Panton Hill have another 4 or 5 good players that they can bring in because apart from Keys they just looked slow and unfit.
Hard to get a read on Eltham but not premiership favourites for mine
Number 8 - Oli Parks. Doesn't surprise me, looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back