NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Lower will stay up. They will pinch one or two wins in the back half of the season. Might only need 1 win to stay up.

Their ground is in a very concerning state though. One of the worst ive seen in years. Players genuinely couldnt run in some spots.

Lower will stay up. They will pinch one or two wins in the back half of the season. Might only need 1 win to stay up.

Their ground is in a very concerning state though. One of the worst ive seen in years. Players genuinely couldnt run in some spots.
Epping have just as much chance of sneaking a win in the back half, not to mention surely go in as favourites at home.

Besides a reasonable performance against Panther nothing else suggests they’ll stay up.

Epping have just as much chance of sneaking a win in the back half, not to mention surely go in as favourites at home.

Besides a reasonable performance against Panther nothing else suggests they’ll stay up.

I disagree.

Epping average 37.8 points at home and 119.6 points against at home. Hardly a fortress.

Just think Lower Plenty have more of an advantage at home and if Flynn can do what he did on Saturday they will go a long way to staying up.

If they play like they did on the weekend against Watsonia at home on Saturday they are every chance

I disagree.

Epping average 37.8 points at home and 119.6 points against at home. Hardly a fortress.

Just think Lower Plenty have more of an advantage at home and if Flynn can do what he did on Saturday they will go a long way to staying up.

If they play like they did on the weekend against Watsonia at home on Saturday they are every chance
Obviously it’s not a fortress… but if they can comfortably beat LP away (who have upset a lot of sides there over the years) they should be able to replicate it at home.

A few transfers out of Epping this week!! One notable one back to Whitt!!!
Might be enough for Lower Plenty to get a sniff and get a win in the weeks ahead.

Why would Epping not clear players?
Change coach, players don’t want to play there anymore, clear them to whatever club they want to go to
Reap what you sow
Best news for Lower Plenty who now might survive

Change coach, players don’t want to play there anymore, clear them to whatever club they want to go to
Reap what you sow

Not sure, probably many reasons. You would presume they would be under contracts? Contracts aren’t to the coach but to the club they signed to play for.

Reap what you sow
100% agree there, are the transfers being denied? i see that 2 are Whitt bound now, will def help them out especially with reserves numbers, if they want out they are not going to stay and play after both coaches got the arse so why deny them.
Lower are a certainty to thrive on this and get a few wins and stay up i think.

Reasonable qtn why did they get moved on ? Obviously you know the reason
i heard one coach had a blew with El Presidente and quit, the other wanted to stay and finish the season but was told no thanks you can "resign" as well and we will put out a memo saying we have all "mutually " parted ways blah blah blah.
IMO its a crazy move as they looked a better chance of staying up before this unfolded so not sure what the club was thinking, very similar to a club that won the Div 2 flag a couple of years ago and sacked the coach who got them into Div 1 for some reason?
Now they sit winless at the bottom of Div 1, have no u19's team, super rules blokes and kids playing reserves and had 1 applicant for the coaching position for this year.
Its not that hard, just back the coaches in to finish the year and then deal with any issues, surely that is a better outcome for the Club instead of this scenario, good luck getting a decent coach and sponsors next year.

i heard one coach had a blew with El Presidente and quit, the other wanted to stay and finish the season but was told no thanks you can "resign" as well and we will put out a memo saying we have all "mutually " parted ways blah blah blah.
IMO its a crazy move as they looked a better chance of staying up before this unfolded so not sure what the club was thinking, very similar to a club that won the Div 2 flag a couple of years ago and sacked the coach who got them into Div 1 for some reason?
Now they sit winless at the bottom of Div 1, have no u19's team, super rules blokes and kids playing reserves and had 1 applicant for the coaching position for this year.
Its not that hard, just back the coaches in to finish the year and then deal with any issues, surely that is a better outcome for the Club instead of this scenario, good luck getting a decent coach and sponsors next year.
Well said I say. Clubs seem these days to be listening to what players have to say if things to go their way or disagree with the coaches thoughts. How about the players front the coaches and not go behind their back to the President / Committee who 9 times out of 10 have no clue on footy issues. Many players have wrecked the culture and success of clubs due to their egos and think they are bigger than the club themselves. And to be honest most of these guys never put their hands up to do the top job theyd just rather turn up train and play and put their hands out at the end of the day for the $$$ .

This sort of stuff is ruining successful clubs of the past and delaying the success of the future of the clubs they supposedly love and want to be playing at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whittlesea must be stoked 30+ players cleared to Epping for the coach to be sacked after just over a season. What a mess.
The bigger question is will they take him back after taking all those players with him!!!!
surely not???
watch this space!!!

PH vs ELT - Panther with some huge ins, will be to much for the hillers 35 points

TT vs EP - TT swing the axe or what? Epping look like a rabble atm so will struggle badly 60+

DC vs NP - DC way to good 45

SM vs SM - South with a few out but should get the job done 22

LP vs WAT - LP would be happy with last weeks work, unfortunately a few out so Watsonia get the choccys 21

Round 10 tips

Panton Hill 6th vs Eltham 2nd The redbacks would be disappointed in going down to Sth Morang last week as they had their chances, a wasteful 2-7 in the first quarter was probably their undoing as they only had a 10 point lead, it could have been much bigger lead. For the Panthers, it was a big battle to get the 4 points over the winless Lower Plenty but as good sides do they found a way to win even without playing well. Goodwin, Maley and McCormick are 3 massive ins for Eltham. Panton Hill will be very competitive but Eltham too good. Eltham by 31 points

Diamond Creek 1st vs Northcote Park 5th. The demons got an important 4 points away against Thomastown last week. Noble collecting 8 coaches votes in his best game of the year with Randell and Booth also having good games. They add Macpherson this week as well. For the cougars they also got a massive win in terms of finals aspirations in getting over a gallant Watsonia side by 4 points. Experienced duo of Marcon and Boyse lead the way and this week they get back Jordan Perry for his first game in 12 months which will be a welcome addition. Like Panton Hill in previous game, the cougars will push Diamond Creek all the way but too much class and depth in the demons line up. Diamond Creek by 19 points

St Marys 4th vs Sth Morang 3rd Borg teams coming off good wins and for St Marys they will try to reduce the gap between them and Sth Morang to one game but also importantly try and put a bit of space between themselves and Northcote Park, Panton Hill who play sides above them. For Sth Morang, they just keep rolling on but do lose T Hall this week. Going to tip an upset here, with St Marys getting the 4 points at home. St Marys by 7 points

Thomastown 7th vs Epping 9th. Wholesale changes at Thomastown with 8 changes this week as they try and get some momentum into 2nd half of the season. Leonardis was again huge for the bears last week but still needs more help. For Epping the disruption of coaches leaving or being sacked must have an effect, sadly last week it wasn’t a positive one going down by 67 points to St Marys. Judd and J Hollow having good games but can’t see them winning this one. Thomastown by 59 points

Lower Plenty 10th vs Watsonia 8th. The bears nearly pulled off the upset of the season last week however weren’t able to get across the line against premiership favorites Eltham. They lose Alexander and J Wallace this week as well. Flynn was huge last week for the bears and will look to continue that form this week. For the saints, an agonising 4 point loss to Northcote Park puts them behind the 8 ball if they want to push for finals. Sinclair and T Van Zwienen had good games but they are still searching for help up front for Lucente. A real chance for the Bears to open their 2023 win account but think Watsonia might be just a fraction too good. Watsonia by 9 points

Enjoy the footy

I heard Aaron Newport quit and he wasn’t any benefit to the club or playing group he was a bit of a sook at the club players didn’t like him at all, training was shit players got nothing out of it he had no game plan just went in with kick ball long what help is that gonna do? I think Glen got asked to move on with Aaron as they a signed a contract together. Glen would have been the better coach out of the two but!! I looked over the playing list that was cleared to Epping no good big names at all there! Caleb Newport would have been the best one that was cleared over and don’t know how many full games he even played he played last week and kicked one got in best and asks for a clearance out I wonder if that has something to do with his dad. Heard one week concussion another week a heal problem so unreliable. 2 clearances isn’t bad after 30+ players I believe but everyone has different opinions! I heard from a player that they didn’t even want to play under the coaches in the 1’s anyway and wanted to play in the 2’s but is apparently being manipulated by Aaron to head out with him. Brad will help them grow having coached 1 game he can’t do much with a team in 1 week give them time to grow and for the players to get to know the coach he seems to be respectful club man.

I don’t think these 2 coaches were a big lose at all they won 2-3 games since they started coaching, they had no senior experience whats so ever. I think it was wrong decision them putting these coach’s in place full stop.
Aaron Johnson was a better coach then them, from past coach’s that club has had I would say worst 2 coach’s to the club. I’ll be interest to find out if there was a fight with President and Coach will talk to some people there and see if I can find out some more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have no idea, not my business. And don’t give a damn

I heard Aaron Newport quit and he wasn’t any benefit to the club or playing group he was a bit of a sook at the club players didn’t like him at all, training was s**t players got nothing out of it he had no game plan just went in with kick ball long what help is that gonna do? I think Glen got asked to move on with Aaron as they a signed a contract together. Glen would have been the better coach out of the two but!! I looked over the playing list that was cleared to Epping no good big names at all there! Caleb Newport would have been the best one that was cleared over and don’t know how many full games he even played he played last week and kicked one got in best and asks for a clearance out I wonder if that has something to do with his dad. Heard one week concussion another week a heal problem so unreliable. 2 clearances isn’t bad after 30+ players I believe but everyone has different opinions! I heard from a player that they didn’t even want to play under the coaches in the 1’s anyway and wanted to play in the 2’s but is apparently being manipulated by Aaron to head out with him. Brad will help them grow having coached 1 game he can’t do much with a team in 1 week give them time to grow and for the players to get to know the coach he seems to be respectful club man.

I don’t think these 2 coaches were a big lose at all they won 2-3 games since they started coaching, they had no senior experience whats so ever. I think it was wrong decision them putting these coach’s in place full stop.
Aaron Johnson was a better coach then them, from past coach’s that club has had I would say worst 2 coach’s to the club. I’ll be interest to find out if there was a fight with President and Coach will talk to some people there and see if I can find out some more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
cant argue with anything said here!! , is it correct A Newport is back at Whitt???
surely not????

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back