NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Watsonia will be looking at other results around the league today and should think they are a genuine chance to win a couple of finals. Not much separates South Morang, St. Mary's and Watsonia.

Biggest disappointments would have to be Thomastown and Panton Hill. Biggest surprise is South Morang. It is encouraging to see continued improvement out of St. Mary's and Watsonia as well.

Epping should be disappointed to be relegated, but were definitely a lot more competitive than many thought - and got closer to Diamond Creek and Eltham away than many others did. That will be little comfort, but hopefully they can build and return in the future.

Anything other than Diamond Creek v Eltham in the Grand Final will be a shock, BUT we enter a new season now and anything can happen! All the best to the five teams left to battle it out.

Watsonia will be looking at other results around the league today and should think they are a genuine chance to win a couple of finals. Not much separates South Morang, St. Mary's and Watsonia.

Biggest disappointments would have to be Thomastown and Panton Hill. Biggest surprise is South Morang. It is encouraging to see continued improvement out of St. Mary's and Watsonia as well.

Epping should be disappointed to be relegated, but were definitely a lot more competitive than many thought - and got closer to Diamond Creek and Eltham away than many others did. That will be little comfort, but hopefully they can build and return in the future.

Anything other than Diamond Creek v Eltham in the Grand Final will be a shock, BUT we enter a new season now and anything can happen! All the best to the five teams left to battle it out.
Diamond Creek had some big name outs this week. Were they injured? Surely they wouldn’t rest players with the week off next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, thanks to Panton Hill for winning today but when you decide who has had the most disappointing season, bare in mind that they spent the bank, recruited 10 blokes to the club and won an extra 2 games.

Generally have had a lot of respect for the boys up the Hill but seriously need to have a look at themselves. Should’ve played finals but finished 3rd last.

President pushed the recruitment agenda and coach hasn’t delivered. Will questions be asked?

Put all the promo shots of celebs wearing your jumper as you like, but it doesn’t get you success!
Not so sure a supporter of a team that hung on by the skin of their teeth is in much of a position to fling mud.

If a club is appealing enough to recruit heavily and spend the bank, good on them. Must be a reasonable culture and a growing club. Pretty sure when a club loses 30 blokes, and can only replace them by offering huge cash to 40 yr old ruckman, there’s something deeper wrong.

Good on Lower’s young blokes for sticking fat this year; but there’s no doubt they were the most disappointing team in it.

Not so sure a supporter of a team that hung on by the skin of their teeth is in much of a position to fling mud.

If a club is appealing enough to recruit heavily and spend the bank, good on them. Must be a reasonable culture and a growing club. Pretty sure when a club loses 30 blokes, and can only replace them by offering huge cash to 40 yr old ruckman, there’s something deeper wrong.

Good on Lower’s young blokes for sticking fat this year; but there’s no doubt they were the most disappointing team in it.
Spot on. Having a crack at a club for improving their list is laughable. I know which club I'd rather be in the long run.

Credit to South Morang and Watsonia.. Not many thought they’d be playing finals this year, possibly even St Marys too! Hopefully all 3 teams have a crack this weekend but cannot see anyone stopping Diamond Creek / Eltham grand final..

Promising signs ahead from 3 pretty young lists

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

South Morang & Watsonia have done way better than I thought and are not beyond winning it.
I’ve jumped off Eltham to have Diamond Creek as premiership favourites but still could go either way.
I expected St Mary’s to be there abouts this year and they are still in the hunt.
Panton Hill better than I thought.
Lower & Northcote very disappointing.
Looking forward to a great finals series.

South Morang & Watsonia have done way better than I thought and are not beyond winning it.
I’ve jumped off Eltham to have Diamond Creek as premiership favourites but still could go either way.
I expected St Mary’s to be there abouts this year and they are still in the hunt.
South and Watsonia miles off the top 2 no chance of winning it

Panton Hill finished 3rd last ahead of 2 basket case clubs after recruiting more players than any DIV 2 club and presumably spending more $$$ than any other DIV 2 club and they went better than you thought? They finished 3rd bottom in DIV 2! Are you the coach of Panton Hill :D:D
Diamo well ahead barring injuries

One thing Lower Plenty do well this time of year every year is a very respectful service to honour the Vietnam Veterans.

Huge kudos to the club for organising but also both LP and South Morang players who lined up and clapped and cheered and shook hands with all Vietnam Vets in attendance. You have no idea how much that means to them, 50 years ago they did not get the same treatment and both sides did exceptionally well to make the old blokes know their service was respected.

It was a great service with local politicians in attendance and a great crowd that all enjoyed it.

Whilst they have had a tough season in 2023 they still think of the important things in life and I really commend them for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back