NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You had one good game against Macleod and based on that, you would beat Eltham. Wow! How about the rest of the season? You won 3 games for the year with a percentage of 17.65!! Horrible stuff
So you think that eltham would’ve stayed up in Div 1 last year? They weren’t even the best in Div 2.
How many games did you watch np play in? 2 I’m guessing because I’m assuming you are from Heidelberg, np were obviously bottom of Div 1 but before all the injuries hit by no means were they easy beats.

So you think that eltham would’ve stayed up in Div 1 last year? They weren’t even the best in Div 2.
How many games did you watch np play in? 2 I’m guessing because I’m assuming you are from Heidelberg, np were obviously bottom of Div 1 but before all the injuries hit by no means were they easy beats.

Not being the best in Div 2 does not mean you are worst in Div 1.

I will call it now, NP will not get within 5 goals of Eltham or Diamond Creek this year, no kids, phone calls are made to get ressies. All the glory gone, not an attractive Club anymore, all 15 supporters cannot help....the ticking is getting louder, will never be a powerhouse again. Ship is sinking, women and children first.

(getting close to round 1. time to get some banter....do they have wifi in the tower??)

I will call it now, NP will not get within 5 goals of Eltham or Diamond Creek this year, no kids, phone calls are made to get ressies. All the glory gone, not an attractive Club anymore, all 15 supporters cannot help....the ticking is getting louder, will never be a powerhouse again. Ship is sinking, women and children first.

(getting close to round 1. time to get some banter....do they have wifi in the tower??)
They are in a bit of trouble, but they have juniors and some amazing rooms coming soon.

To be honest I’m surprised they have trouble finding players. They are surrounded by VAFA clubs who can’t pay.

Denny. Good to see someone talking some sense finally on this forum.

Watsonia vs West Footscray finished halfway thru the last and it was 184-28 Watsonia way.

How did other games go today , hopefully other teams that played came out of it injury free

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watsonia vs West Footscray finished halfway thru the last and it was 184-28 Watsonia way.

How did other games go today , hopefully other teams that played came out of it injury free

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Looks like West Footscray are still going through a rough time of it.
Was once a strong club in WRFL/Footscray League but realistically a Div 3 club today.

Lower President handed the keys back at the Season Launch. But new blood ready to take charge.

He is heading to the Hill to watch his son make some cash.

Finally Plunks to get the off field support he deserves.

First positive thing from the Cave this pre season besides the big fella back.

Lower President handed the keys back at the Season Launch. But new blood ready to take charge.

Yes, Michael Maloney who some locally will know from his involvement with Bendigo Bank will take the reins.

New major sponsor as well.

If my memory serves me correct, Round 17 2022 NP forfeited reserves V Bundoora.
NP seniors were woeful. Fortunately the storm cancelled the round. I’m sorry to open old wounds to the NP faithful.
So I’m sure NP would have flogged Eltham or any other team in Division Two for that matter.

If my memory serves me correct, Round 17 2022 NP forfeited reserves V Bundoora.
NP seniors were woeful. Fortunately the storm cancelled the round. I’m sorry to open old wounds to the NP faithful.
So I’m sure NP would have flogged Eltham or any other team in Division Two for that matter.
LOL

He didn’t go to PH for cash. Turned down much bigger offers.

No way Lower didn’t offer more than what PH is paying.

For those short of a $$ to pay journos and the Herald Sun. Here is todays article. Good article, no doubt the team to beat as the unknown coming down but lost a few and recruited a few. Lets just hope the part about ressies having numbers and soon to have 19s is true.

Northcote Park coach Steve Saddington on club’s mindset coming back to Division 2​

After just three wins in two seasons, Northcote Park is looking to find the enjoyment in footy again as it embarks on a first NFNL Division 2 season in 29 years.

Northcote Park coach Steve Saddington says this season is about finding the fun in footy again.
The Cougars endured two painful seasons before relegation from NFNL Division 1 last year, winning just three of 29 games.

However, the return to Division 2 – for the first time since 1994 – has allowed the club to reset and recharge and hopefully pick up a few wins.

“It was a reset that we probably needed, the new blokes have been awesome and the numbers are high, so we feel like we’re in a good spot.

“It’s (a mindset of) let’s enjoy it.

“Without being disrespectful we’re hoping to win more games than we lose, we think we’ve got enough talent there.

“As a starting point it goes back to having fun, it’s been a long couple of years for the club, so hopefully we can sing the song a couple of times and see what happens.”

Saddington admits there’s been “a changing of the guard” at Bill Lawry Oval with several senior players departing.

Most notably Ben McNiece has joined Bundoora, while Lachlan King, Tom Hallebone (both Banyule), Brayden King, Reed Jepson (both Old Ivanhoe), Ricky Fandrich (Wantirna South), Gordon Bamblett (Fitzroy Stars), Lachlan Boscarini (KDFNL) and Ayui Makiemg (Uni Blacks) have also departed.

Of the arrivals, Tyson Old returns after two seasons with Hurstbridge and two-time West Preston-Lakeside premiership player James Tadd switches from Epping along with Adrian Cirianni and Damon Marcon.

Former Greensborough captain Chris Clark, Rory Patterson (St Bernard’s), Matt Perazzola (Preston Bullants), Nick Balderanos (Surrey Park) and premiership player Brock McLennan have also signed on.

mportantly, key figures including skipper Matt Perry and brothers Jordan and Lucas, best-and-fairest winner Daniel Tallariti, Alex Boyse and Matt D’Angelo all remain committed.

“We took our medicine, whoever left left and we drew a line in the sand and said what has happened happened,” Saddington said.

“We don’t need to mention it anymore and I think that’s the best attitude to have instead of worrying about what we could have had and who’s not here.”

Personnel had been an issue at times for Northcote Park but after a strong pre-season there is far greater depth this season.

The Cougars have won both their practice matches this pre-season against EDFL club Westmeadows and Goulburn Valley’s Seymour.

The club also expects to be far more competitive in reserve grade, where it also won just three of 29 games in the past two years and was forced to forfeit one game last year.

“We’re 12 months away from having an under-19s team and from a wider perspective, going down gives us an opportunity because we’re not going to get the big pummellings we were in A-grade,” he said.

“Our reserves are going be on a more level playing field, we’re not going to get beaten by 25-30 goals every week.

“We’ve seen that with the numbers on the track already, we don’t care if we’re not winning the flag and dominating but if we’re competitive most weeks blokes will hang around a lot more.”

Northcote Park will welcome premiership contender Diamond Creek to Bill Lawry Oval for a Round 1 clash under lights on April 15.

A trip to Lower Plenty is followed by a clash against Panton Hill, which will give the club an immediate glimpse of where it sits in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eltham
DC
NP
Thomastown
St Marys
-------------------
Panton Hill
Watsonia
LP
South Morang
Epping

Good luck to all involved.

I'm hearing cash flow is a bit of struggle down at Panther Place & players already told to expect to be back ended in the 2nd half of the year....

I'm hearing cash flow is a bit of struggle down at Panther Place & players already told to expect to be back ended in the 2nd half of the year....

Doozie. I love BigFooty rumour file. This one is a ripper. Not that you will believe little old me but this is 100% dribble. Club could not be in a stronger position fiscally.

Man, we really need footy to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back