NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the ground that bad? Are they still hoping it might recover for some finals?
Not sure of the detail, only it was a league not council decision. Harsh given it was their last home game. Football ground muddy in Winter, shock horror. While far from ideal conditions it's not been deemed unsafe or anything like that by council from what I've been told.

Someone said a sprinkler issue?
Far pocket in front of the seats has always had drainage issues but think it's more a case of a tired ground that's been neglected by the council for too long, especially when you compare the money spent by Banyule council on their sporting facilities.

whats the rule with the 19m mark on the ground for kick ins?
South Morang have that line at about 15-16m out?
Is it an NFNL rule as per AFL? it should be 10m from the top of 9m goal square as far as i know.
Or are they being shifty trying to sneak in on opposition kick ins!?

whats the rule with the 19m mark on the ground for kick ins?
South Morang have that line at about 15-16m out?
Is it an NFNL rule as per AFL? it should be 10m from the top of 9m goal square as far as i know.
Or are they being shifty trying to sneak in on opposition kick ins!?

you’d be fun at parties

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laurimar aren’t safe so bit weird those comments. Lose next 2 and back down they go. Made harder as I heard their VC may have broke an ankle?
Laurimar’s win does very little unless they knock off St Mary’s (which is possible)

If not they play Watsonia for a place in D3.

Panton Hill stillnot out of the equation…

Watsonia beat - Lower, Laurimar
Laurimar beat - St Mary’s
Panton Hill - Lose to TT and LP

Depends on percentage

laurimar v watsonia rd 18 winner likely to hold their spot in d2. that is stellar foresight from the league if that was on purpose

Laurimar’s win does very little unless they knock off St Mary’s (which is possible)

If not they play Watsonia for a place in D3.

Panton Hill stillnot out of the equation…

Watsonia beat - Lower, Laurimar
Laurimar beat - St Mary’s
Panton Hill - Lose to TT and LP

Depends on percentage
It laurimar beat st marys could TT steal their spot in the 5? Also in the final round

Not sure of the truth behind this. Hearing Watsonia have sacked their coach on the spot with two games to go.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Wow!

Thought would’ve been worth to hold on for the final 2 games given massive last round.

Will be interesting to see how the group react

Has to be more to it. Surely youd give him the chance to keep them in Div 2? By looks of things hes had a bad run of injuries this year, the article in the Heraldsun online is a strange one with comments made by the President. It seems regardless of the ladder position they were going to get rid of him any way.

“Hopefully we can save the furniture and put the fire out and then next year who knows.

“The candidates we’ve got are good.

“I think we can pick someone soon and integrate them with the playing group and if it is in Division 2 they can start to work on where we’re at.

“We’ve had three or four conversations so far, they’ve been really positive, and we’ve got a few more to go.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back