NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who wins this weekends games and why ?

It's certainly going down to the wire this one, just like last year. A kick either way, leaning slightly towards Morang at this point given how well they have played against Laurimar this season.

As for the two's, great story regardless of who gets in. Great to see Kilmore do so well and a GF appearance in the two's would be just reward but what a story it'd be if Old Eltham made it in their first season in the league. I think the Turtles might get them.

Nah, not at all... i don’t even know the bloke.

I am growing tired of the continuing “check out 12.54 of quarter 4... He needs to go” type posts though.

We did we all become a bunch of informants...?!?

I’ve always stood side-by-side... Maybe at 41 I’m becoming old school but **** me, the thirst for getting someone thrown under a bus is not what I grew up believing in.
I find this a really irresponsible post from a club president.
I am 55 and played in the bad old days of the Diamond Valley where thuggery was celebrated and I would like to think the league has come a long way since then
If someone spots an incedent that goes outside the rules why not call it out?
Do we want to go back to the bad old days and give parents reasons to stop their kids from playing so local football can slowly die?
Any opportunity to stamp out incidents in local football should be taken

It's certainly going down to the wire this one, just like last year. A kick either way, leaning slightly towards Morang at this point given how well they have played against Laurimar this season.

As for the two's, great story regardless of who gets in. Great to see Kilmore do so well and a GF appearance in the two's would be just reward but what a story it'd be if Old Eltham made it in their first season in the league. I think the Turtles might get them.
Kilmore have a great season but it would be disappointing for them to not win a final from 3 starts.

South Morang by 4 points
Kilmore by 2 points

I am 55 and played in the bad old days of the Diamond Valley where thuggery was celebrated and I would like to think the league has come a long way since then
Do we want to go back to the bad old days and give parents reasons to stop their kids from playing so local football can slowly die?
Spot on cloudstreet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point... I think that working with people, clubs and administrators is a privilege i take pride in.

Not lodging an investigation every second week doesn't make me irresponsible or condoning violence...
To a degree, your view on either "investigate or your encouraging" is exactly what i'm referring to.

We had a club president approach me after the game this season apologising for their crowd behaviour (he had fear of retribution in tone to a small degree), my response... i offered each player and member a drink on the club for 30 minutes after the game... Does this mean i might be harbouring alcoholism now...?!? Soft drink was offered also, just wanted to clear that up.
I explained to him no investigation was needed and rest assured we worked together with the the other volunteer president to find a solution.
It worked PERFECTLY FINE

Extreme cases of thuggery, of course BUT surely you agree there needs to be a line between wasting everyone's time with a vindictive nature complaining about U19's in a ute for example and playing a game that has been based on the combative mate ship for the past century.

Last edited:
Spot on cloudstreet.
Guys, the only reason you know i'm a club president is because i stand by my views and share who i am.
I respect your thoughts but don't take me out of context with comments of being irresponsible...

Who are you guys or where are you from for the record, love to buy you a beer around the traps... (or a soft drink)

Last edited:
“An innocent man has nothing to fear”

Don’t do stupid things and you won’t need to worry about the video.

This week... well I simply can’t believe we are seeing South here. Did they have injuries throughout? Massive effort.

Laurimar looked good against the Hillers. I think they’ll get them.

Last edited:
Guys, the only reason you know i'm a club president is because i stand by my views and share who i am.
I respect the views but don't take me out of context with comments of being irresponsible...

Who are you guys or where are you from for the record, love to buy you a beer around the traps... (or a soft drink)
[/Ben I respect greatly what you have done at Lalor and the only reason it is still going is because of your love for the club
I just hate any kind of violence on the footy field as it distracts from and effects participation in the greatest game in the world
I used to play for Lalor

Feeling a bit crook, been celebrating with the Reservoir boys. They’ve already penciled in 2 wins and a massive percentage boost. Down side is their Reserves look like having 2 walkovers. Half the Turtles boys in magoos pulling the pin.

Onto a winner here Buz. Turtles 1s and 2s made light work of rezza. 1s finished 2 games out of the 4 and reserves are into a granny. Seems like you had your hate goggles on. Old Eltham look like a serious club and will be around for a long time.

Salary cap for Div 3, slashed to $80,000 for the 2020 season. League has also advised that salary caps may be cut further for any clubs who are not financial. Interesting to see what clubs this will affect, if any.

Salary cap for Div 3, slashed to $80,000 for the 2020 season. League has also advised that salary caps may be cut further for any clubs who are not financial. Interesting to see what clubs this will affect, if any.
cant be true as league needs to notify clubs a lot earlier as some clubs have already started signing players for next year

Who cares if you finish from 2nd to 5th. Even 1st, as long as the team is in the finals anything can happen at local footy. West Preston playing at Preston always makes me laugh. It's a home final either way. South Morang putting in a strong effort against Laurimar today

Who cares if you finish from 2nd to 5th. Even 1st, as long as the team is in the finals anything can happen at local footy. West Preston playing at Preston always makes me laugh. It's a home final either way. South Morang putting in a strong effort against Laurimar today
Unreal. Well done to south.

Imagine if they won from here

I think that would make things rather difficult for teams coming down. However whatever keeps the division competitive and gives battling clubs a chance is a tick for local footy

Would any club other than PH go anywhere near that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back