NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Na I don’t agree with that as you’ve basically just folded a club.
They have taken correct action.
They should be allowed to play for points but the reduction in salary cap is a fair penalty and makes sense. Reading about the coach sooking about it is extraordinary. Perhaps focus on correcting the culture issues and admin issues instead. Throwing money at 18-19 year olds to stay is not the answer

Do you think they would be able to field a senior or reserves side if the league said you can play, but for no points? There would be a mass walk out and more then likely the club would fold. Paying $70k instead of $80k In there salary and giving the league the extra $10k is fair I believe, until it’s paid. That’s a massive disadvantage. I do agree though that they need a clean out of there commitee. But then again who would want to go and run that joint from the outside? Not sure
I offered the NFNL to help them - Still open to it.

i Like a lot of people down there and think there is a great challenge with huge reward for footy in the area.

I offered the NFNL to help them - Still open to it.

i Like a lot of people down there and think there is a great challenge with huge reward for footy in the area.
So you think if the club sat down with the players at the end of last year and said we are playing next year, but for no points. What do You think would happen? They are struggling to get numbers now. They would have shut the doors. 90% of the playing group would have left

I'd disagree... Happy for you to look back on all my quotes from the past 12 months - It can be done and, much easier when you have a junior pool with flourishing U19's - Imagine trying to do it without either and 37 clearances in 3 months... hmmm...?!?

Care to disagree, i'll let you know how it possible - Its takes bottoming out and playing within your means, that's why the salary cap is there, to protect bad management and by creating a way for it to happen is allowing clubs to basically cheat the system in my book.

I Don't blame South Morang at all and understand their frustration as the rules have changed for them - I question the board for allowing it to happen and argued this point quite strongly during my tenure... I was basically told "it was not my concern" when actually, it directly is...!

NFNL Board should have never allowed it to happen in the first place.
Sorry after reading the article again I noticed this is year 2 of debt
and a reduced salary cap.

The league need firmer action and maybe yes a points punishment would be the way to go.

After reading the thread on Facebook it’s clear barely anyone at the club can even fathom what’s going on and why.

They are lucky to only have a 15k deduction when it should be 30k as they didn’t even pay it back last year.

Either way I cannot understand why these clubs like Mernda and South are going public with their dirty laundry.

Complaining cap is too low but can’t even afford to hit the top of the cap without creating more league debt... go figure, if cap was raised Morang would be even more screwed as other clubs that can afford it without debt will be able to recruit even more top end talent while Morang who are paying off a debt still won’t be able to afford the top end of the cap and morning recruit. No excuse for Morang when st Mary’s have an equally large junior base and don’t be spend money on players yet somehow win a flag. Just full of excuses for a poorly run club. Laughable.

Complaining cap is too low but can’t even afford to hit the top of the cap without creating more league debt... go figure, if cap was raised Morang would be even more screwed as other clubs that can afford it without debt will be able to recruit even more top end talent while Morang who are paying off a debt still won’t be able to afford the top end of the cap and morning recruit. No excuse for Morang when st Mary’s have an equally large junior base and don’t be spend money on players yet somehow win a flag. Just full of excuses for a poorly run club. Laughable.
Aren't they administered by the NFNL... Does this mean the ticked off poor budgets, caps and allowed opposition clubs to be disadvantaged...?

I'm not blaming them for being frustrated... If their conditions have changed and budgets reduced without warning (along with 18 games) then the NFNL should be held accountable along with the board that approved it.

Aren't they administered by the NFNL... Does this mean the ticked off poor budgets, caps and allowed opposition clubs to be disadvantaged...?

I'm not blaming them for being frustrated... If their conditions have changed and budgets reduced without warning (along with 18 games) then the NFNL should be held accountable along with the board that approved it.
It looks like they couldn't care less, if you let them play in 2 Grand Finals in 2 years without paying fees , I'm not sure that's good administration . Just shows that maybe the league need the well run clubs to look after them if this is anything to go by. Embarrassing for them , but I'm sure we wont here boo out of them because they are very good at replying to issues that are questionable and have arisen over the years.

Wonder if any of the admin at south are on here .. be interested to see their version of events . Did notice that a couple of players have commented on the leader Facebook article where as they probably should stay out of it but good on them for having their say

Wonder if any of the admin at south are on here .. be interested to see their version of events . Did notice that a couple of players have commented on the leader Facebook article where as they probably should stay out of it but good on them for having their say
Clubs should have a zero comment policy.
Their comments are moronic.

I can’t imagine it was without warning. Surely the league made in clear until their debt was paid it will continue.

Agree current players should not comment. Particularly in aggressive manner with swearing etc. I know one of them is an ex player and is retired and didn’t really say much other than defend the current admin/coach. As a morang supporter I agree that they’ve been run poorly and maybe the league should have been harsher but if they want the club to survive (you assume they do) they can’t punish an admin and playing group whose come in to try and do there best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t imagine it was without warning. Surely the league made in clear until their debt was paid it will continue.
You are missing the "yearly budget" point... Either they have had a horrible year (historically) or something is a miss with payments and forecasts that is overlooked by the powers above...?!?

I think this is pretty serious to be honest - Shows a lot of cracks with operations

Agree current players should not comment. Particularly in aggressive manner with swearing etc. I know one of them is an ex player and is retired and didn’t really say much other than defend the current admin/coach. As a morang supporter I agree that they’ve been run poorly and maybe the league should have been harsher but if they want the club to survive (you assume they do) they can’t punish an admin and playing group whose come in to try and do there best.
You are confusing punishment with playing inside your means - The two are quite separate things.

South have played as instructed - Like all clubs, you cant really blame them...

Sorry but how is this punishment? West, Reservoir and Lalor have all had to suck up the hard times when they couldn’t afford to pay players so why should Morang be an exception and bypass league fees in order to pay players an amount that they can’t afford? This isn’t a punishment it’s a reality check, look after your own and create a culture where your youth want to stay and play with eachother rather than chase money elsewhere and then the salary cap issues shouldn’t be a problem. Like I said St Mars have done it, Macleod were able to do it, Morang have just been run inefficiently and now will need to suffer the consequences unfortunately but it has to happen. To complain about it and not understand why is ignorant

Sorry but how is this punishment? West, Reservoir and Lalor have all had to suck up the hard times when they couldn’t afford to pay players so why should Morang be an exception and bypass league fees in order to pay players an amount that they can’t afford? This isn’t a punishment it’s a reality check, look after your own and create a culture where your youth want to stay and play with eachother rather than chase money elsewhere and then the salary cap issues shouldn’t be a problem. Like I said St Mars have done it, Macleod were able to do it, Morang have just been run inefficiently and now will need to suffer the consequences unfortunately but it has to happen. To complain about it and not understand why is ignorant
I can assure you, it can turn-around off-field very quickly when the priorities are listed correctly... I could go on for days about this but it'll get no where with a deflected reason... The whole things is just the tip of whats wrong IMO.

Their excuses are completely laughable.

“we need a bigger salary cap” you literally had a president rock up with baseball bats and tazers to attack people at the club and wonder why you have to pay overs for people to stay or parents get their kids to leave

Your coach who obviously has zero idea of even basic economics is in the paper saying the league is being unfair where is they allowed you to spend 90k last season you’d be over 35k in debt

The club has every advantage you could possibly hope for in local football (gym, 2 ovals, super strong juniors, great function room, expanding suburb

Clubs have zoomed and will continue to zoom past them while they live in complete denial.

there isn’t a quick fix for the problems Morang face, the cultural issues that have stained that club for years will take time to correct. Generally good people attract more good people. Perhaps that’s the area they need to start with?. Create an environment where people are drawn to for the right reasons. Like I said it isn’t a quick fix and that’s just the way it is.

The coach is carrying on to the media, it totally reads of he is putting his own agenda of trying win a premiership ahead of the sustainability of his club, what happens when the same group wins a premiership and all the players want more money to play in 2nd division? Do they have a mass exodus and close the doors for a year? Have we not learned lessons from Reservoir?

Their excuses are completely laughable.

“we need a bigger salary cap” you literally had a president rock up with baseball bats and tazers to attack people at the club and wonder why you have to pay overs for people to stay or parents get their kids to leave

Your coach who obviously has zero idea of even basic economics is in the paper saying the league is being unfair where is they allowed you to spend 90k last season you’d be over 35k in debt

The club has every advantage you could possibly hope for in local football (gym, 2 ovals, super strong juniors, great function room, expanding suburb

Clubs have zoomed and will continue to zoom past them while they live in complete denial.
Pay attention Laurimar, get your house in order as a club. Stand for something and provide a leadership model for your supporters and players aspire to. I played at St Marys for a few years many moons ago and it’s no surprise the position they are in. They will only go from strength to strength off the back of a strong foundation created by good people.

S
Fair call. But would most clubs not have taken the same path if the league was as lenient with them? Resa and Lalor didn’t have the players. Morang have tried to hang on to them and it hasn’t worked, have got close but ultimately it didn’t pay off. Can’t change that now and I’m not saying the article is a great look but it was the tactic they went with and ultimately didn’t pay off. Need to just get on with it and hopefully make finals n who knows!

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back