NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

South Morang have started late, I suppose they played in a GF.

Big droppers for me. They’ll still be ok but I think a few sides may overtake them. Probably their best chance to finally leave D3 so might be poor timing.

Big droppers for me. They’ll still be ok but I think a few sides may overtake them. Probably their best chance to finally leave D3 so might be poor timing.
They should have been out and stayed out of Div

They should have been out and stayed out years ago with the gun juniors they had coming through

They should have been out and stayed out of Div

They should have been out and stayed out years ago with the gun juniors they had coming through

I went past Morang on Monday night looks like their picked up a couple of handy types.
To bad the committee don't have a clue how to keep the young guns.

I went past Morang on Monday night looks like their picked up a couple of handy types.
To bad the committee don't have a clue how to keep the young guns.
Seems as though committee have never had a clue ... they need to be careful of the reservoirs and Lalor’s this year morang if they could be even more a laughing stock

Seems as though committee have never had a clue ... they need to be careful of the reservoirs and Lalor’s this year morang if they could be even more a laughing stock
I think they will be ok. I don’t think they have lost too many key players. Plenty of young talent coming through, must be patient and get things right off field

I think they will be ok. I don’t think they have lost too many key players. Plenty of young talent coming through, must be patient and get things right off field
Well they’ve lost there 3 best players in Shelton, hall and Brown, There ruckman Whybrow and who knows who else. I’d say they are pretty key players!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, is that confirmed?

Yeah Shelton is off to Warrandyte (I think). Big losses, add in Nicol who's gone to Epping (solid young player) and Tassell who also put in a clearance (again decent player but he got denied) but even with the whole salary cap thing I genuinely think Southy are always capable of flipping the script and bounce back.

Yeah Shelton is off to Warrandyte (I think). Big losses, add in Nicol who's gone to Epping (solid young player) and Tassell who also put in a clearance (again decent player but he got denied) but even with the whole salary cap thing I genuinely think Southy are always capable of flipping the script and bounce back.
Their 19s won the flag by 100 odd points. They must have some kids who can play. Youll at least be competitive in d3 with that.

Their 19s won the flag by 100 odd points. They must have some kids who can play. Youll at least be competitive in d3 with that.

Absolutely, if I were at Morang and I knew that portions of the $65k were going to blokes like Kalpakis, Potter, Bell etc I wouldn't be writing off 2020 in a hurry.

Such a bloody dangerous game to write off clubs at this time of year without even so much as playing a praccy, honestly. Just keen to get into it

Absolutely, if I were at Morang and I knew that portions of the $65k were going to blokes like Kalpakis, Potter, Bell etc I wouldn't be writing off 2020 in a hurry.

Such a bloody dangerous game to write off clubs at this time of year without even so much as playing a praccy, honestly. Just keen to get into it
Who are south Morang playing in there practice matches??

Interesting to see young Lukas Dimech put in a transfer request to coburg districts. Can’t see Brad being talked into playing after all the bad blood and media statements regarding his contract. Pretty sad

Mernda should be commended on not releasing contracted players.

NFNL and AFL Victoria need to support the Football Club and their decision. I noticed that there has been 3 clearances denied for this player. I would of thought if the player or opposition club thought they were a chance of obtaining a clearance they would of gone to the appeals tribunal already.

NFNL and AFL Victoria need to support the Football Club and their decision. I noticed that there has been 3 clearances denied for this player. I would of thought if the player or opposition club thought they were a chance of obtaining a clearance they would of gone to the appeals tribunal already.
Could be wrong but I believe 3 clearance sneed to be lodged before an appeal can be lodged? Hopefully someone with greater internal knowledge can elaborate?

Not really.
Many AFL clubs release contracted players because they know once someone doesn’t want to be at your club it’s time to move them on. Yes
some stay when a suitable deal can’t be made but most leave.

Not only will they not perform it breeds a poor culture. It’s division 3 for Christ sakes.

Who knows why this has happened and what he believes he is owed but the club should tell Roxborough send over $1600 ($100 a match deductions) go buy 16 brand new footballs and move on.

AFL clubs release them because the club which they are contracted too hold all the cards on the negotiation table. If the deal isn't right for them then they won't get the deal done. Joe Daniher wanting to go to the swans at the end of last season type of scenario. Both clubs couldn't make a deal so he stayed.

In terms of culture I think it sends a positive message within a playing group by abiding by contracts (both ways player/club). I would imagine that the football department would of planned their season a head and this player would of been in their plans as a contracted player and most recent Best and Fairest winner. Best and Fairest winners are generally one of the highest paid players which they would of budgeted for, along with his points value / allocation. Hence why the club would need to be compensated in some way.

According to the transfers on the NFNL website, Mernda have recruited heavily providing depth on the list which come winter time and finals time is invaluable. If Mernda or the NFNL cleared this player what message does it send to the rest of the playing group / Competition ?

My opinion is, that it opens the flood gates for any player not only at the club but the NFNL to put in a clearance if they are contracted. Soon as things don't go a players way they will put in a clearance. Don't agree with the coaches game, put in a clearance. Believe they are getting under paid , put in a clearance. Can't be bothered going to training, put in a clearance etc. Hence why I believe the NFNL will and should support the contracted club. It damages the brand of the NFNL and de values the contracts if the player was cleared at appeals.

Anyway just my opinion hopefully a deal gets done where both parties win !!!!!

Not really.
Many AFL clubs release contracted players because they know once someone doesn’t want to be at your club it’s time to move them on. Yes
some stay when a suitable deal can’t be made but most leave.

Not only will they not perform it breeds a poor culture. It’s division 3 for Christ sakes.

Who knows why this has happened and what he believes he is owed but the club should tell Roxborough send over $1600 ($100 a match deductions) go buy 16 brand new footballs and move on.
If you recruit 10-15 new blokes and 10 play in the seniors. Why hold a bloke to ransom so he can win a ressies flag. Mernda won’t be getting out of div 3 again so why bother

#uptheturtles

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back