NFNL Div 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article about Keon Park looking to reestablish themselves as a senior club.

Would be an interesting addition to the league.

Add them and Old Paradians in and the magical number is hit.

Interesting article about Keon Park looking to reestablish themselves as a senior club.

Would be an interesting addition to the league.

Add them and Old Paradians in and the magical number is hit.
not a herald sun subscriber so could not read it... is this a realistic chance of happening, in a world where many clubs are struggling?

I heard off a mate the other day that some struggling clubs in Div 3 across quite a few leagues are going to get a helping hand in running there clubs, it’s in the leagues best interest to get all clubs healthy financially,

I see the local leader has a story about Keon Park trying to re-establish a senior side. Good luck to them but with neighbouring clubs such as Lalor and Reservoir finding it extremely tough and doing its best just to survive you have got to think it can be realistically sustainable.
If it happens it probably is going to come at the expense of either lalor or reservoir. Where will there finances and players be drained from? I have read ben Charles posts about the struggles of finding players, sponsors and volunteers in a region where families are moving away from. It would be disappointing for those 2 clubs if the league openly backs this.

Keon Park has juniors which is the big difference. Be great for league. West currently has an MOU which is a shame for them.

I think it’s a great step. Get Gary to captain coach and it’ll be a good start

they only have 4 junior sides though so a very small club

Keon Park has juniors which is the big difference. Be great for league. West currently has an MOU which is a shame for them.

Keon Park, apart from the super strong West Preston, are about the only junior club in the region to have survived the last 15 years. Off the top of my head Kingsbury, Preston RSL, West Lalor, Lalor Stars and Reservoir have all lost their junior clubs in the last 15 years or so. Hats off to them I guess. Even North Heidelberg and Lalor have struggled to field more than a couple of junior teams for a long time. In saying that, Bundoora Park and West Ivanhoe are two new junior clubs who have formed in the previous decade, not sure if they have affiliated senior clubs or not.

Keon Park, apart from the super strong West Preston, are about the only junior club in the region to have survived the last 15 years. Off the top of my head Kingsbury, Preston RSL, West Lalor, Lalor Stars and Reservoir have all lost their junior clubs in the last 15 years or so. Hats off to them I guess. Even North Heidelberg and Lalor have struggled to field more than a couple of junior teams for a long time. In saying that, Bundoora Park and West Ivanhoe are two new junior clubs who have formed in the previous decade, not sure if they have affiliated senior clubs or not.

I was told that Keon Park Stars are not too keen about sharing their facilities with a senior club. Like a previous post, they have an alignment with HW.

There is a facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/KeonParkFNC/?ref=py_c

Can someone copy and paste the article.

I was told that Keon Park Stars are not too keen about sharing their facilities with a senior club. Like a previous post, they have an alignment with HW.

There is a facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/KeonParkFNC/?ref=py_c
I've been hearing similar things too. From what I have heard, they are pretty keen to remain a junior club as their priorities are all about the kids and making them have fun. They were also saying that whilst they don't have a lot of teams, the number they have now is perfect as there is a real sense of community down there and the small club unites all involved. Families are moving out so that is why teams like Reservoir, Keon Park, and Lalor have been struggling for teams but Keon Park have been able to remain with 4 teams last year so they must be doing something right? West Preston is always a big drawcard due to them having that big name and parents in the area usually want to send their kids there. The guy I was talking to though was also saying that Keon Park have done a lot of fundraising to make fees affordable. Last year I think he said they were about $100 but also said they will probably need to go up a bit this year just to accommodate all the costs plus the special activities that the club puts on for the kids. They also in the past few years have formed a partnership with a team in Western Australia and play an annual match under lights at Donath park when the WA team travels to Melbourne for their annual trip.

Would be interesting to see how far this proposed senior club goes and would also be interesting to see if there is any connection between junior or senior or if they will both exist separately?

Good to see Dimechs parents are involved on that leader article!

Looks to have ended poorly
It’s getting extremely ugly and embarrassing for the club and coach. Should have kept quiet and let it play out in negotiations with other parties. Making comment in the media just wreaks of “me me me” attitude and that sets a dangerous standard when a coach and club are prepared to let ego and agenda get in the way of common sense decisions which bring may a bring short term result as opposed to the long last impact a damaged reputation can do.
Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly for all involved so we can talk about the exciting season coming ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

refuse to pay for local footy news... anyone got a subscription and want to share the article? South Morang coach getting stuck in about the salary cap constraints of div 2

refuse to pay for local footy news... anyone got a subscription and want to share the article? South Morang coach getting stuck in about the salary cap constraints of div 2
Are Mernda and South Morang trying to out do each other for looking stupid?

South Morang is literally Sooking the league cut their salary cap because they owed 15k (over 50%) in league fees.

Last Year they played off in a grand final when clearly they paid players instead of paying the league.

Are Mernda and South Morang trying to out do each other for looking stupid?

South Morang is literally Sooking the league cut their salary cap because they owed 15k (over 50%) in league fees.

Last Year they played off in a grand final when clearly they paid players instead of paying the league.
And just shows even more that the league is the biggest laughing stock going around , how the hell do you let a club play off in finals let alone a grand final without paying fees ... the head honchos at sims Rd montmorency have some serious worries ahead now that this has come up out out in public

T
And just shows even more that the league is the biggest laughing stock going around , how the hell do you let a club play off in finals let alone a grand final without paying fees ... the head honchos at sims Rd montmorency have some serious worries ahead now that this has come up out out in public
The league has been publicly outed.

Let’s put it this way... South basically opted to pay 2 $500 a week players (16k total) instead of paying their leave fees. Basically I’m guessing they should have been without their 2 highest paid players if they were run financially.

disgracefull the league allowed this

T
The league has been publicly outed.

Let’s put it this way... South basically opted to pay 2 $500 a week players (16k total) instead of paying their leave fees. Basically I’m guessing they should have been without their 2 highest paid players if they were run financially.

disgracefull the league allowed this
Sums up the powers that be at head office .. disgusting way to run a league

The big question is why are south allowed to play for points hile owing so much money they should be made to do a Melbourne storm until the debt is payed in full

The big question is why are south allowed to play for points hile owing so much money they should be made to do a Melbourne storm until the debt is payed in full
Not only are they running the club still from the previous administrators as stated a few are still involved so not a thing has changed and the league have no one to blame except themselves as they appointed the f wits ..

Do you think they would be able to field a senior or reserves side if the league said you can play, but for no points? There would be a mass walk out and more then likely the club would fold. Paying $70k instead of $80k In there salary and giving the league the extra $10k is fair I believe, until it’s paid. That’s a massive disadvantage. I do agree though that they need a clean out of there commitee. But then again who would want to go and run that joint from the outside? Not sure

Do you think they would be able to field a senior or reserves side if the league said you can play, but for no points? There would be a mass walk out and more then likely the club would fold. Paying $70k instead of $80k In there salary and giving the league the extra $10k is fair I believe, until it’s paid. That’s a massive disadvantage. I do agree though that they need a clean out of there commitee. But then again who would want to go and run that joint from the outside? Not sure
Absolute shambles of a club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back