NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

"Allegedly" a Mernda senior player/assistant coach tapped a lippy spectator on the chin during the Anzac game after he returned from the medical room and on another occasion SM u/19 player jumped the fence to have a crack at a Mernda player. The NFNL should have representatives attend games if they had staff giving feed back to Presidents then they could implement the right measures. They seem to attend the div 1 and 2 games but the div 3 games get lost.

WHAT A WASTE OF A YEAR
If that’s true about a player assistant that’s disgusting and should not even be considered when and if they require new coach this year or any year in fact

The game he got reported was the same week the photo was on the footy record and got heckled all game by the Morang players.
Yes he deserved to get reported and if if wasn’t for Morang ringing every media outlet what chance did the bloke have, his sentence was stamped before the tribunal.
And by the way he wasn’t on bail or awaiting a court case.
So he king hit a bloke behind play and broke his jaw, spent 3 days in hospital, had surgery and you think Morang ringing the media (whether thats true or not) was what got him life? 😂😂

And why was he wearing an ankle braclet then?

Mernda's getting out of control!
Bunch of there senior players attended another clubs function on the weekend.
Shows alot that they would rather have a beer at another club then there own!!

Interesting to hear all this. Whats he done to the 19's coach and surely the Pres can see the Ops manager waiting in the wings if this is true. Unfortunately sad times ahead for the Demons.

Sorry I can’t elaborate too much I was at the the south Laurimar game and word had filtered through that there were words between the 2 coaches and there’s a lot of friction at the club there were a few people talking about so it seemed like common knowledge. I just put it out there on here thinking someone might know exactly what was going on ?
And the president situation with the footy ops guy, well you think the pres would know if numbers were being done behind his back surely. Just looking if there is any truth to that ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolute joke how Mernda senior players are attending other clubs functions.

Maybe someone needs to tell them how to start winning games, wonder if the head coach there at Mernda will pull any of them up on this disgraceful behaviour.

Mernda are in absolute shambles and the last thing they need is for players to be going to other clubs functions, they need to come together as a group and make a statement this week if they’re even going to have the slightest chance of turning their season around and playing finals footy like they had hoped at the start of the season.

Maybe they need to inject some youth from their reserves or U19 squad because something doesn’t seem to be working with their current squad, give the kids a run this week, see what they can produce, after all, it can’t be anything worse than these past 6 weeks with a record of 1-5.

Might be heading down to the Mernda Reservoir game this week, on one hand I hope Mernda turn their season around and make a statement with a 150+ point win but there’s a little bit inside of me that wants to see Reservoir put up a fight and make a game of it, regardless of how bad they may be because the reaction from the Mernda coaches and players would be priceless to those outside of the club.

So he king hit a bloke behind play and broke his jaw, spent 3 days in hospital, had surgery and you think Morang ringing the media (whether thats true or not) was what got him life?

Have another look at the video it was a careless elbow within I would assume legal distance to the ball

100% reportable and a few weeks on the sideline guaranteed but life was hyped up because of a ankle bracelet which I’m pretty sure was part of his parole conditions

Maybe someone needs to tell them how to start winning games, wonder if the head coach there at Mernda will pull any of them up on this disgraceful behaviour.

Mernda are in absolute shambles and the last thing they need is for players to be going to other clubs functions, they need to come together as a group and make a statement this week if they’re even going to have the slightest chance of turning their season around and playing finals footy like they had hoped at the start of the season.

Maybe they need to inject some youth from their reserves or U19 squad because something doesn’t seem to be working with their current squad, give the kids a run this week, see what they can produce, after all, it can’t be anything worse than these past 6 weeks with a record of 1-5.

Might be heading down to the Mernda Reservoir game this week, on one hand I hope Mernda turn their season around and make a statement with a 150+ point win but there’s a little bit inside of me that wants to see Reservoir put up a fight and make a game of it, regardless of how bad they may be because the reaction from the Mernda coaches and players would be priceless to those outside of the club.
Lol what function?

Mernda beating reservoir isn’t going to “turn their season around” lol.

Have another look at the video it was a careless elbow within I would assume legal distance to the ball

100% reportable and a few weeks on the sideline guaranteed but life was hyped up because of a ankle bracelet which I’m pretty sure was part of his parole conditions

Shh you are embarrassing yourself

He broke someone’s jaw? You think a life ban wasn’t fair? Seriously?
[
So he king hit a bloke behind play and broke his jaw, spent 3 days in hospital, had surgery and you think Morang ringing the media (whether thats true or not) was what got him life? 😂😂

Have a look at the video pal, the incident was in play and 5 meters from the umpire and was not reported at the time and was reported by the match review panel.
Yes he deserved to be suspended but I think the media played a part in he outcome IMO.
Have a look at the video of a Mernda player running into a pack and throwing a punch from behind to a Turtles player who was on the ground and only got 4 weeks I think.
I'm not going to mention why he had a bracelet on as it's no ones business.
Anyway lets move on.

So can we clear this up....Was he wearing bracelet due to waiting for a court date?? ( Pretty sure I know the answer ) or was he wearing for part of his parole? Either way the reason he may have got life was due to the reason he was wearing in the first place? Not a good look for the league either way as they class itself as the best when in fact we all know its far from it the way is run.

Sorry I can’t elaborate too much I was at the the south Laurimar game and word had filtered through that there were words between the 2 coaches and there’s a lot of friction at the club there were a few people talking about so it seemed like common knowledge. I just put it out there on here thinking someone might know exactly what was going on ?
And the president situation with the footy ops guy, well you think the pres would know if numbers were being done behind his back surely. Just looking if there is any truth to that ..

Maybe we can get some sense out of the Mernda people and give us the facts rather than heresay as ther eis a lot going on this forum and there is a chance some of it is true.

Have a look at the video pal, the incident was in play and 5 meters from the umpire and was not reported at the time and was reported by the match review panel.
Yes he deserved to be suspended but I think the media played a part in he outcome IMO.
Have a look at the video of a Mernda player running into a pack and throwing a punch from behind to a Turtles player who was on the ground and only got 4 weeks I think.
I'm not going to mention why he had a bracelet on as it's no ones business.
Anyway lets move on.

I love how the nuffies think this is like some proof it wasn’t that bad....

But I agree the Mernda player got off light.

If you throw a punch on the footy field it should be 8 weeks min.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol what function?

Mernda beating reservoir isn’t going to “turn their season around” lol.

Winning is a great habit to get in, I know they couldn’t capitalise on their first win but maybe something can click for them or an injection of youth or maybe a change of tactics.

How is beating Reservoir making a statement?

What's wrong with having a drink at another club? players having a drink at another club isn't out of line in my book as long as there isn't a function at there own club.

I know what your saying, I’m asking a different question...

what club and what function did they attend
I don't know, sorry abit of confusing moments. LOL What game you going too this week? I think the Kilmore vs Old Eltham game will be the best of the division.

Last edited:
Can someone read the article on Mernda on the Heraldsun and let us know what it says? I'd be amused ( oops ) interested to see what the coach has to say about their season so far. Hope its not a backflip on his comment earlier in year ' IF WE DONT MAKE FINALS ITS A FAILURE " , ill await the response.LOL

Can someone read the article on Mernda on the Heraldsun and let us know what it says? I'd be amused ( oops ) interested to see what the coach has to say about their season so far. Hope its not a backflip on his comment earlier in year ' IF WE DONT MAKE FINALS ITS A FAILURE " , ill await the response.LOL
Send me the article I can’t seem to find it

Just got sent this by a mate from the turtles. Apparently the league aren't even reviewing it. Seems like an incredibly dangerous act.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back