NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Morang just sitting there quietly 8-0 watching from the top of the ladder as Mernda self-destructs, laurimar destined to choke in finals again, Kilmore looking toothless and west about to do their usual mid season fade away. Not bad for a team that was meant to be 6th, has an “old school coach” and had a disaster on the recruiting front. They’ll beat Mernda by 15 goals this week.
3BCE5F5F-C33B-434A-82EE-9C167C1A2F68.jpeg

Morang just sitting there quietly 8-0 watching from the top of the ladder as Mernda self-destructs, laurimar destined to choke in finals again, Kilmore looking toothless and west about to do their usual mid season fade away. Not bad for a team that was meant to be 6th, has an “old school coach” and had a disaster on the recruiting front. They’ll beat Mernda by 15 goals this week.
View attachment 1161960
What do you mean Kilmore is toothless?

South hasn’t been able to get the job done in recent years either let’s not forget. But yep you should be quietly confident this could be the year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a listen to the commentary on the Turtles vs Mernda game.
Someone should've told the Mernda crowd it has sound.

"Oh what the 14 year old kid is paying a free kick is he" Good to see the umpires being supported by the President. Without them we don't have a game.

They were sooking about the condition of the ground as well I reckon they were sore the game was at Eltham again and not at Mernda.

Plus an Eltham player had a couple of his front teeth broken early in the game, not sure exactly what happened (could've been in a marking contest?) but with their reputation I wasn't surprised. The coach should tell them to focus on playing footy instead of acting like cowards.

Edit - just read the above, what a dog act deservedly got the 12 weeks. That stuff has no place in footy anymore and especially in community footy needs to be stamped out because there is less protection and more chance of things getting out of control.

Last edited:
What do you mean Kilmore is toothless?

South hasn’t been able to get the job done in recent years either let’s not forget. But yep you should be quietly confident this could be the year!

I just don’t see how they win a big final. Who stops Jake Potter? Alex Colaidis, Tye Hall? I don’t see the “bite” in their forward line. Granted Ryall and Irons are guns. I’m well aware morang haven’t got the job done previously, but there is no one near the quality of Banyule or Panton Hill out there. Laurimar are the only threat to Morang IMO.

I just don’t see how they win a big final. Who stops Jake Potter? Alex Colaidis, Tye Hall? I don’t see the “bite” in their forward line. Granted Ryall and Irons are guns. I’m well aware morang haven’t got the job done previously, but there is no one near the quality of Banyule or Panton Hill out there. Laurimar are the only threat to Morang IMO.
Should be a fantastic finals series. I really think any side in the four can win it on their day. Every team has a couple of stars who can step up.

Still a long way too go. Injuries, form, could be 50mm of rain and windy and all plans are out the window.

Should be a fantastic finals series. I really think any side in the four can win it on their day. Every team has a couple of stars who can step up.

Still a long way too go. Injuries, form, could be 50mm of rain and windy and all plans are out the window.
Injuries will definitely be the key to finals. Lions will be looking forward to playing finals away from Whittlesea Showgrounds!

View attachment 1161960

If you've already established you're playing in a GF can you please start making arrangements for private security on GF night. If the unthinkable happens and you get beat, I'd prefer Victoria Police not to have to waste valuable resources when the infighting flares up again.

If you've already established you're playing in a GF can you please start making arrangements for private security on GF night. If the unthinkable happens and you get beat, I'd prefer Victoria Police not to have to waste valuable resources when the infighting flares up again.
Looks like the off field stuff has been sorted. Good of them to turn the club around and have a great group of hone grown young seniors playing quality football.

Great to see

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back