NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot believe 12 weeks for that!!!! Thats just proves the League is a joke. I really feel for Delaney hard done by id say.
Yeah it’s like they almost want to protect the bloke going for the ball losing his 2 front teeth. Totally avoidable incident which has resulted in a young player losing his teeth for life and I’m guessing 5-10k worth of dental work.

Yeah it’s like they almost want to protect the bloke going for the ball losing his 2 front teeth. Totally avoidable incident which has resulted in a young player losing his teeth for life and I’m guessing 5-10k worth of dental work.
Sorry I'm not condoning the incident. Its the fact he got that penalty compared to others that have been disahed out by the League.

Let’s have a look at the Suspension tally.

Mernda 2, 2, 5, 12, 1 ,

Kilmore 2

Eltham 0

Laurimar 2

South 2, 5

Lalor 3

Mustangs 7

West 0

Mernda with more weeks than every other club combined.

When will someone from that once proud club stand up and say enough is enough?

It's obviously condoned by the club or it wouldn't keep happening. Disgraceful mentality, glad to see they're rotting away at the bottom of the ladder where they belong.

Why would you stack the second up for finals
Sounds like they have no confidence in the senior group at all
Not good for the young kids playing seniors setting them up to get flogged for the rest of the year

Mernda player deserved 6-8. 12 is stiff for a swing of the arm, would happen in every game in every local comp. Just unlucky it hit his head.
No, there was no luck about it. He could have tackled, hip and shouldered or tried to win the ball himself.

Absolutely zero sympathy for people who play like that.

Maybe play proper football or he can continue the legacy of Mernda captains being rubbed out for life.
41F981C2-DDD8-46AD-98F1-7B1EC5523B38.jpeg

If you've already established you're playing in a GF can you please start making arrangements for private security on GF night. If the unthinkable happens and you get beat, I'd prefer Victoria Police not to have to waste valuable resources when the infighting flares up again.
Considering I’m a supporter I probably won’t be making security arrangements for that night. That night was a disgrace and you won’t find anyone at Morang who disagrees with you. The club lost players, sponsors and more. But considering that was years ago, and the club is now in the best position it has been in years, your post is completely irrelevant and dumb. However, as far as backing the team I support to make the granny, bloody oath I am.

12 weeks for that? What a joke. Trying to punch the ball out of play but accidentally hitting a bloke in the head and the bloke played out the game. Remember Barry Hall copped 8 weeks?

they must of missed the Epping v Lower game where a bloke ran off the bench and threw some punches and ran back to the bench. Would of thought that was worth more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 weeks for that? What a joke. Trying to punch the ball out of play but accidentally hitting a bloke in the head and the bloke played out the game. Remember Barry Hall copped 8 weeks?

they must of missed the Epping v Lower game where a bloke ran off the bench and threw some punches and ran back to the bench. Would of thought that was worth more.
I hate when the ball is rolling along the ground and I “accidentally” punch someone in the face.

Considering I’m a supporter I probably won’t be making security arrangements for that night. That night was a disgrace and you won’t find anyone at Morang who disagrees with you. The club lost players, sponsors and more. But considering that was years ago, and the club is now in the best position it has been in years, your post is completely irrelevant and dumb. However, as far as backing the team I support to make the granny, bloody oath I am.

More making the point that your original post was potting the other clubs, might be an idea to acheive something before piping up.

What would you do to turn it around, you have picked up I. The problems is there a solution?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is generic, not aimed at Mernda as I wouldn't have a clue about the running of the club.

Only solution is to collectively have higher standards, in my experience the best "teams" are partly so as they are player driven and players who deviate are either quick to get bad habits out of their game or they don't play senior footy.

All good and well for president/football manager to put things in place but will never work unless the coach and senior leaders live it. This happens and then the younger players who are introduced to senior footy don't know any different and continue to enforce that as they get older.

In short, IMO You can only change culture by DOING, not talking about it

That’s sad you think that about the young blokes from Mernda

Only one reason.

Structured game plan (Lions)
VS
I don't know what to call it (Demons)

Both clubs have exciting young talent just one club is being directed very poorly and the other is being guided to achieve great results.
(Credit to the coaching group at SM)

Delaney out suspended
Kannegiesser out suspended

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you do to turn it around, you have picked up I. The problems is there a solution?

Build a good culture. It’s just the behaviour that’s accepted as the standard.

Until you get coach’s, committee and players in that sets that standard that won’t exist and people who want to be involved with that standard will leave.

Footy has moved away from bogan “smash em, **** the umpiiesss” culture.

More making the point that your original post was potting the other clubs, might be an idea to acheive something before piping up.
There is no fun fun in waiting. Besides I haven’t said anything personal only some cheeky comments about clubs that If I’m wrong, then I’ll cop it, until then I’ll enjoy being confident. If you’ve been to any Morang games no one has even looked remotely close other than Laurimar. Other than the power, the rest are just making up numbers.

There is no fun fun in waiting. Besides I haven’t said anything personal only some cheeky comments about clubs that If I’m wrong, then I’ll cop it, until then I’ll enjoy being confident. If you’ve been to any Morang games no one has even looked remotely close other than Laurimar. Other than the power, the rest are just making up numbers.
[/QUOTE

I think Morang are playing their best footy - a credit to them - not sure any of the other contenders have peaked yet... So I’m expecting some differing results 2nd half of the season..
But yes they’d be flag favs atm , deservedly so , but inhouse a couple of other clubs also very confident...

Grounds are starting to get a bit heavier now which may suit other big bodied sides, time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back